Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] Nu vs Nu

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

Her Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

Her Defense:

Frame Data: Advantageous, Disadvantageous, and Punishable Moves

Neutral/Advantageous Moves:

Disadvantageous Moves:

Punishable Moves:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

A conversation me and AchedSphinx had about the mirror match

You're not bad. You caught me with a ton of air throws. Nu players are really annoying with their air throw bullshit. I just think you spent too much time in Dia. I don't think Dia is that great in this match-up outside of the first few seconds and when your opponent has 25% life or less.

For some reason, I think Dia is better than Luna in that match up. So I wanted to try and see. Because when you think about it, Luna can't cancel drives well or jump cancel. So, if I block the 5D > 236B, it's money time. I think if it's Luna vs Dia, the Dia can be patient and wait for stuff like that, because the Luna basically wants to go into Dia anyways. But, I have not seen any high-level Nu mirrors, so I was just trying random things.

Funny. I think the exact opposite. I think Luna can just sit back and wait and take advantage of its better drives. Luna 5D > 236B or just 5D > nothing feels a lot safer than Dia anything > 236D(~C) since it is hella minus at any range Nu would block it and Nu can actually punish it on IB with drive a few times and other Dia follow-ups don't help considering Nu's range. I just find that Dia Nu's follow-ups are a lot unsafer against Luna Nu than they are against Dia Nu so I would rather spend all of my time in Luna. Guess much more training is needed to see who is right.

Edit: Probably should put this stuff into the Nu vs Nu thread...

It's quite interesting because I can't find many Nu vs Nu videos at high-level play. There is a Goro vs Protos one but that's from a year ago and things might have changed. Anyways, in the match, they didn't use Luna at neutral, but back then most Nu's stuck to Dia mode because they didn't know her combos very well yet. The most recent I found the Nu players stuck to Luna at neutral, but they weren't high-level or anything, so it's hard to say.

I'm thinking it'll either be a preference thing or something you'll need a good amount of match-up experience to understand.

Personally, I've found it doesn't matter which form you are in. Its all prediction.

Sure if dia and luna clash drives, luna's will win, but lets face it, how often will you actually clash drives? a 6D and j.2D almost never clash, the most that can happen is a luna shredding through a spike chaser after its been launched.

Meanwhile, Dia can force luna to use an air drive, and with proper placement, a crescent will whiff or if the opponent doesn't crescent and you IB the drive, you can just throw out a 5D and hit the opponent pre-landing landing.

There is still more but its all just about which form you are more comfortable in.

Also the old saying about murakumo mirrors. Whoever hits the button first wins.

I clash drives a lot intentionally in my matches, before the opposing Nu become more wary. I'm also not sure what you mean by making Luna use an air drive. I take a defensive approach with Luna and wait for the Dia to make a move. I rarely use a drive in the air except to punish something.

Huh, its just you then. All the other nus I've played have no issues using drives in the air in neutral in luna mode. All like 4 of them :v:

Though I'm taking a liking to luna as well, I personally feel that in a mirror match, neither mode has a clear cut victory over the other.

Honestly, I use them both. I don't sit neutral in one the entire match as I like to stay moving a lot and switch it up. It may not always work, but it's enjoyable.

So apparently you can counterhit 236C past 6D. I really and truly doubt it can be done on reaction because 30 frame startup, but if you read the other Nu right, you'll get all the damage in the world.

I may have just lagged through 6D, though, so take this info with a grain of salt.

I'm the worst. If you saw a nu trying to use spike chaser against another nu, that was probably me :rolleyes:

might as well just ask for 5d to the face. :vbang:

that said I am learning. Seems to me like constantly switching modes can be a good way to throw off the opponent at least in the lower level matches I play. Make them worry about your mode change as well as theirs.