Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] Nu vs Terumi

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs His Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs His Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

His Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

His Defense:

Frame Data: Advantageous, Disadvantageous, and Punishable Moves

Neutral/Advantageous Moves:

Disadvantageous Moves:

Punishable Moves:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

Zoning him with Dia gravity lockdown and maintaining distance with 66/44 Act Parsers seems to be the best approach. Letting this guy get anywhere near you or any kind of momentum can end really badly due to his insane heat gain and damage. He also has a ranged super you need to be aware of, though I think that's only at 100 heat.

Honestly the best way to handle it is to spam Dia sickles.

If he jumps, you have enough time to 6A his approach.

Gravity helps too but there is no way to keep terumi away all match.

tbh I have a hard time seeing you AA'ing terumi's j.D. I would think that would be somewhat annoying to deal with since it should eat 2d and 6d at times also?

Zoning him with Dia gravity lockdown and maintaining distance with 66/44 Act Parsers seems to be the best approach. Letting this guy get anywhere near you or any kind of momentum can end really badly due to his insane heat gain and damage. He also has a ranged super you need to be aware of, though I think that's only at 100 heat.

If I remember correctly, Terumi has two Distortion Drives that can prove to be quite a bother to us:

The one you mentioned, Jarin Renshouga, does in fact require 100 heat to use, however, that's a resource that Terumi can gain quickly if given the chance. This move also seems to Guard Break upon the second Ouroboros hitting.

The second Distortion Drive, Jakyou Messenga, is similar to Ragna's Carnage Scissors in that it has Prijectile Invulnerability and moves him forward quickly. Another thing to note about this move is that it can be used in mid-air, making it even more of a threat, though, I'm not sure if the Projectile Invulnerability still applies when he uses the air version.

Basically, if Terumi has Meter, he's going to get in one way or the other, so it's best to just brace oneself for the inevitable. Know thy enemy and all that.

He also possesses a Command Grab that gives him quite a bit of Meter, so that's something else to be wary of.

He won't use the 100 heat all that often. They tend to do the 50 heat super that's projectile immune. It can be tricky, but you can punish him with 6B and get good damage and oki.

tbh I have a hard time seeing you AA'ing terumi's j.D. I would think that would be somewhat annoying to deal with since it should eat 2d and 6d at times also?

6A is also a good AA to use. It beats out his j.D if you time it right. 2D and 6D work if he's not close to you, otherwise Terumi wins thanks to his j.D being really good.

Yeah, it's also pretty tough to keep Terumi out the entire match. He's way too fast and j.D is way too good. His command throw isn't something I think Terumi will use a lot since it has a lot of recovery on whiff. The annoying part of the match is when he has 50 meter though. I can't tell you how many times that super has won him the game.

Yeah I'll usually try to keep him out as long as I can, but he is very fast and when he does get in I'm kind of at a loss on what's safe and what to look out for.

Just keep spamming charged spike chasers whenever you can, the only thing he has to beat it are double jump and distortions. If he double jumps, just 2C him on his way down.

he can cancel it with j.D or with 5D? what happens when he just runs and iad j.Ds it? as I recall when he cancels a projectile he doesn't lose his own so he should hit you in the face pretty regularly?

he can cancel it with j.D or with 5D? what happens when he just runs and iad j.Ds it? as I recall when he cancels a projectile he doesn't lose his own so he should hit you in the face pretty regularly?

He can't reach Nu quick enough to do that. Most times I do 214C when I knock him into the corner. At best he can get over 214D~C and above Nu, but she still can 6A or 2D his j.D.

For his pressure you can get out of it, just don't mash 2A, his 6B is makes it whiff and he gets a FC. There are plenty of ways to escape his pressure, you just need to recognize them.

basically that depends on the situation, I'm just thinking it should be easier for him to deal with/punish than many characters. after a knockdown and possibly at a distance it might not be much different. just seems as though he overall has a lot of tools in this matchup.

With his options yeah it seems like Terumi is what you get when Hakumen ditches his sword for Ragna's running shoes and Hazama's personality. I don't feel like its impossible though, just a little in his favor.

Just keep spamming charged spike chasers whenever you can, the only thing he has to beat it are double jump and distortions. If he double jumps, just 2C him on his way down.

If he calls out your charge he can 2D you before you get any swords anywhere near him.

Honestly that's a pretty stupid thing to do on both ends though, both 2D and Spike Chaser.

If he calls out your charge he can 2D you before you get any swords anywhere near him.

Honestly that's a pretty stupid thing to do on both ends though, both 2D and Spike Chaser.

Mix it up with non-charged ones.

Its stupidly hilarious how well that works. Its my entire game plan against any non-zoner.

And i think I win like 80% of matches against rushdown characters. If they can clash out spike, I just 5D them while they are in recovery.

... just seems as though he overall has a lot of tools in this matchup.

Agree, I had a chance to fight good Terumi in EU (GE1?) lobby.

He is fast, any whiffed drive and Terumi is near you.

His 6C is scary. He can beat charged spike with before startup and probably some other things. 6C CH gives him free corner carry combo and probably 50% heat.

Messenga (41236C?) for 50% heat beats everything from Nu at mid/far range. Nu: 214D/214D~C? Terumi: Messenga! Nu: 5D? Terumi: Messenga! If Terumi has 50% heat, this mathcup becomes a real pain.

Probably the best stratey is to keep him away as far as possible with gravity (no surprise). I mean, even at mid range he is a threat. If possible, bait his 6C and Messenga (free punish).

Looking for good advices about this mathcup, because I don't know how to win Terumi with Nu.

If I remember correctly, Terumi has two Distortion Drives that can prove to be quite a bother to us:

The one you mentioned, Jarin Renshouga, does in fact require 100 heat to use, however, that's a resource that Terumi can gain quickly if given the chance. This move also seems to Guard Break upon the second Ouroboros hitting.

The second Distortion Drive, Jakyou Messenga, is similar to Ragna's Carnage Scissors in that it has Prijectile Invulnerability and moves him forward quickly. Another thing to note about this move is that it can be used in mid-air, making it even more of a threat, though, I'm not sure if the Projectile Invulnerability still applies when he uses the air version.

You can actually fully block Renshouga, but it eats alot of meter and has a nasty vaccum, and Massenga has little to no push to it. Playing respectfully and as little barrier as possible until they over extend themselves'll work wonders, allowing you to slowly, but certainly chip all the health off.

His CA whiffs on crouch so you can easily handle it. I believe he can punish a close range Dia 236D with 6C but I am not sure of the exact range yet.

It would have to be near point blank. His 6C has 13 frames start up and Nu's Dia 236D is negative 18 on block. Though Nu can avoid getting punished if she cancels into 22A. Dia 236D > 22A is negative 5 on block, negative 10 if she decides to block. So he can't punish her if he does 6C after she does Dia 236D. If he instant blocks Dia 236D, she can still block it I believe.

How are you canceling 236D on block? And it can be a far distance away given how far his 6C goes. It is a greater range than most other characters can punish it.

Ah, you're right. I must be misremembering things. For what it's worth, his 6C would have to be within 2-3 character spaces (a little further out from round start positions) otherwise the first hit will whiff. Though I don't know the active frames between his first and second hit.