Sign in to follow this  
Sundown

AC: General Discussion

Ah right I totally forgot about the strategy guide. I'll read into it.

So I take it that bubble loops, even a single rep are rarely used in actual matches. They're there if you happen to get the correct conditions to do one.

The few times that I tried to do a bubble loop by setting out the spike and using 6H to start (the "bubble loop practice combo mentioned in the wiki"), it didn't seem like a viable way to go on the offensive.

Bubble Loop is a YMMV scenario.

Some people like to do them, while others don't.

Being able to do it is one thing, but implementing/integrating it into your own gameplay is another thing entirely.

I've used the Bubble Loop in actual matches, often going for multiple reps for the opportunity to inflict massive damage.

Sure it's conditional (setup/hit-confirms, chars weight/hitbox), but if it has the potential to finish off the opponent, it's an option, as are most risk/reward scenarios.

If anything, you gain experience in regards to doing the Bubble Loop if you try it out in actual matches, provided you have the opportunity to do so, with whatever setup you are capable of utilizing at that particular moment.

Though the Bubble Loop has the potential to do great damage, especially since the combo doesn't use tension, the Bubble Loop usually ends with an air combo that doesn't allow any opportunity for KD. KD being something that Dizzy should strive to achieve, whenever possible, in order to make use of her okizeme/mixup options.

You can sometimes do 1 rep of the Bubble Loop and try to end it with a KD, usually via an Ice Spike, but that scenario is somewhat specific and if the opponent somehow manages to tech the Ice Spike if it doesn't cause KD is a risk in of itself.

(421) > 6H into Bubble Loop stuffs is a scenario that usually occurs after a KD and you opt to use 421 with a followup 6H as an oki option when you aren't able to summon fish, in my experience anyway.

I mostly get bubble loop opportunities off weird situations in the corner when I have dropped a TK bubble over the opponent's head. Getting this situation is not really an ideal mixup but once you scare the opponent into blocking you can start playing around with it a little. Once the bubble is out you can falling/airdash j.2S for the overhead and bubble pop into air spike for the loop or just land and low/throw.

I like to do it to Baiken sometimes since she tends to block a lot anyway.

In AC, what makes the P fish go half screen forwards before it starts biting sometimes? I see the japanese do it and it's very important in the millia matchup for me.

With Glitch Fish Summon, the second input (P or K Fish Summon) will act first instead of the first input (H or S Fish Summon), though it will visually appear if the Laser Fish Summon acts first (due to the startup and distance traveled).

The window for the glitch input (P/K Fish) is approximately around when the H/S Fish Summon materializes to when it starts it's forward movement phase, give-or-take in regard to forward movement part.

The timing isn't too bad for the input and you'll get the technique down with some practice.

Visually, it's like this:

Glitch HP (PH) Fish Summon: P Fish > H Laser

P Fish acts at around K Fish range (around half-screen, zoomed out), follow-up H Laser sweeps a bit closer to the ground (middle of body/torso to above feet area).

Glitch HK (KH) Fish Summon: K Fish > H Laser

K Fish reaches at around full-screen (zoomed out), follow-up H Laser sweeps at ground level.

Glitch SP (PS) Fish Summon: P Fish > S Laser

P Fish acts at around K Fish range (around half-screen, zoomed out), follow-up S Laser sweeps/covers a little less than the height of a normal S Laser.

Glitch SK (KS) Fish Summon: K Fish > S Laser

K Fish reaches at around full-screen (zoomed out), follow-up S Laser sweeps at around head level and covers a bit above it but less than the height of a normal S Laser.

After a throw into the corner, both Glitch HP Fish and Glitch SP Fish will act like this:

1st P Fish bite (in front of opponent) > 2nd P Fish bite (from off-screen/behind opponent) > H/S Laser (fires from off-screen/behind opponent and toward the direction of Dizzy)

In regard to Glitch Fish Summon usage stuffs... YMMV.

More importantly though is how would you incorporate/work the technique into your own gameplay style, probably match-up/experience specific.

There was a convo (thread) about the subject of using the technique to deal with Robo Ky's delayed wake-up state, but beyond that...

The distance gain for P/K Fish with Glitch Fish Summon stuffs is kinda interesting though.

Edited by Kurokun

It's great against millia, you can use the distance to give you a pin shield and move forwards, while using the S followup to push her to the ground, where you generally win the poke war. Thanks a bunch! I will have to try it out.

Hey, I'm new to Guilty Gear, and I decided to main Dizzy. It looks like no one has posted here in a little while, but I hope we can get off on a good foot. If anyone has any tips on using Dizzy, I'd love to here them. Anyway, hope we all can get along.

Hey, I'm new to Guilty Gear, and I decided to main Dizzy. It looks like no one has posted here in a little while, but I hope we can get off on a good foot. If anyone has any tips on using Dizzy, I'd love to here them. Anyway, hope we all can get along.

Welcome to the Dizzy forum.

Be sure to check out the Dizzy page in the AC section on the DL wiki for gameplay info stuffs and the various AC threads that cover certain topics.

If you have any questions about anything, post them up in the relevant threads.

For starters:

• Move list. Learn and familiarize yourself with her normals/specials and the purpose of them; pokes, knockdown, anti-air, etc.
  • Summons. Learn and familiarize yourself with her various summon attacks, particularly their range and area that they cover.
  • Combos. Know how you can achieve knockdown (and positioning) so you can set up for okizeme as well as damage stuffs.
  • Okizeme. This is what you do with summons/mixup stuffs after you knockdown an opponent. Learn some basic patterns for corner and mid-screen scenarios.
  • Movement; slow walk speed, can double airdash, some usage of IAD stuffs here-and-there.
  • Defense. Blocking well while being pressured is important, as well as evading dangerous situations altogether.

Welcome to the Dizzy forum.

Be sure to check out the Dizzy page in the AC section on the DL wiki for gameplay info stuffs and the various AC threads that cover certain topics.

If you have any questions about anything, post them up in the relevant threads.

For starters:

• Move list. Learn and familiarize yourself with her normals/specials and the purpose of them; pokes, knockdown, anti-air, etc.
  • Summons. Learn and familiarize yourself with her various summon attacks, particularly their range and area that they cover.
  • Combos. Know how you can achieve knockdown (and positioning) so you can set up for okizeme as well as damage stuffs.
  • Okizeme. This is what you do with summons/mixup stuffs after you knockdown an opponent. Learn some basic patterns for corner and mid-screen scenarios.
  • Movement; slow walk speed, can double airdash, some usage of IAD stuffs here-and-there.
  • Defense. Blocking well while being pressured is important, as well as evading dangerous situations altogether.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm familiar with some of the concepts like "Okizeme" since I've played a bit of BlazBlue. (That's how how I got into Guilty Gear.)

I've been playing a bit with Dizzy, and it seems that her gameplay is Zoning and Okizeme fueled with a slight element of rushdown. (In a way, her gameplay reminds me slightly of Rachel Alucard in Blazblue.)

Either way, I look forward to learning all the in's and out's of Dizzy. (I think that she's way too Adorable!)

Me, Shinjin, Caer and Glenn started a podcast. In the first episode there's a lot of Dizzy talk like gameplan and strengths and weaknesses (and why she's not a good as Millia)!

podcast.png

Greetings from Sweden - the too famous community, famous for being true heroes of the game!

We decided to give start giving back to the international community a bit - and what better way than to increase the amount of pure Guilty Gear content out there by doing a podcast about Guilty Gear - in (broken) english! So we present to you:

The Guilty Gear Sweden Podcast!

We have recorded two episodes, or more like one episode that we have divided into two. Our ambition is that this will (at least) be a bi-weekly podcast with releases on Monday afternoon (European time). The podcast will focus on:

• Guilty Gear (AC and AC+R) gameplay discussions.

• Guilty Gear community discussions.

• Joking around and having a good time.

Feel free to suggest more specific topics - gameplay or community related!

To be improved for later episodes:

• Sound quality - one high quality condenser microphone on four people was simply not good enough

• English language skills

• Overall structure of episodes - we need more experience etc.

• Editing - sound levels, cut out redundant parts etc

• Better intro and outro - also better introductions and sign-offs

But without further ado:

Episode 01 with Shinjin(ba), Caer(te), Nehle(di) & Glenn(mi)

Topics: Why do we play Guilty Gear, why do we main said character, why is Millia so good and why is Dizzy so bad in comparison (lol)

Direct download: Here

Youtube: http://youtu.be/zAWfBLrEUhI

8bit versions of Intro and Versus-themes by Inverse Phase (used without permission...), check out his Bandcamp!!

http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/

And if you want us to continue doing this in English - please leave a comment! And also, we always appreciate constructive feedback :)

xoxo

Shinjin

I've managed to get her main knock down combo down, along with her Anti Air, and Throw Oki.

But I've been having a lot of trouble with the infamous Bubble Loop!

The set up I use looks like Spear Summon already out > 6H > IAD > J.H > 214K > Release Spear > Land > J.K > J.C > Jump Cancel > J.C > J.D

But I always have trouble around the part where you IAD into J.H. Usually, I press H and nothing happens, or I press it to late and it whiffs. Does anyone have any tips for that particular timing?

Thanks for reading.

I've managed to get her main knock down combo down, along with her Anti Air, and Throw Oki.

But I've been having a lot of trouble with the infamous Bubble Loop!

The set up I use looks like Spear Summon already out > 6H > IAD > J.H > 214K > Release Spear > Land > J.K > J.C > Jump Cancel > J.C > J.D

But I always have trouble around the part where you IAD into J.H. Usually, I press H and nothing happens, or I press it to late and it whiffs. Does anyone have any tips for that particular timing?

Thanks for reading.

IAD j.H stuffs after 6H shouldn't be too difficult, in regards to timing.

You might want to try and practice that part separately (6H > IAD j.H) just to build up the muscle memory for it, so when you get the 6H hit-confirm, things flow naturally for the follow-up combo stuffs into Bubble Loop.

The 'range' of the 6H hits could be an issue of positioning relative to the opponent for 6H > IAD j.H stuffs (point-blank, medium-range, long-range), so try things out to see what works for you.

Also, j.C... wat?

Pretty sure you meant j.S here instead, lol.

Also, j.C... wat?

Pretty sure you meant j.S here instead, lol.

Whoops, probably carried over from BlazBlue, sorry.

Well I just thought I would post here saying that I'm new to Dustloop and looking to pick up Dizzy. I go to school in Birmingham and there is a pretty good scene over here.

She has always been the character I wanted to play when I dabbled with the game when I was a kid. However I knew nothing of fighting games. Now however I have over year under my belt playing another game, Mortal Kombat 9.

I got the basic ground combo down and now I'm just practicing basics like instant air dashing and doing tiger knee bubbles. Next I'll just get beat before studying matchups more thoroughly.

Just wanted to say I was lurking since there is no introduction thread anywhere.

Welcome, Glass Sword. You've actually come at a good time. Considering the imminent release of +R that could here anytime now, you've come at a time where the Guilty Gear forums have started to pick up a bit.

Anyway, I obviously use Dizzy to. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer them to the best of my ability!

Hope you like the forums!

Thank you it is good to see people around. If I can ever get my Internet out of it poverty rut I'm going to want some matches with y'all. I learn better through watching.

I probably won't have any questions for awhile I have to go through the painful process of learning the basics. I'm not use to having so many movement options.

To clear any potential confusion Birmingham Alabama is where I'm from.

Anyone know where I can find AC+R frame data, trying to figure out where 2hs KD-> HS/D fish is meaty vs which character.

think im missing something when I put it into training mode. the wake up data + jump frames don't seem to add up for me.

My experiement is 2hs KD -> HS fish or D fish, on some character it would be a complete meaty where jumping out is impossible. guess I will post trial and error list instead, and get people to confirm yes or no.

setting computer on jump state, and KD with c.s>5hs>2hs, unless there strange timing with setting computer on jump state being different.

Hmm...

2H > H Fish Summon > ... shouldn't be too different from AC, right?

What other stuff have you had the chance to test out?

Also, post up +R stuffs in the respective threads, lol.

Maybe in the AC+R: Dizzy Changes thread.

Hmm...

2H > H Fish Summon > ... shouldn't be too different from AC, right?

What other stuff have you had the chance to test out?

Also, post up +R stuffs in the respective threads, lol.

Maybe in the AC+R: Dizzy Changes thread.

I was hoping for MOD to make a AC+R general thread, since its not really a change lol. Okay i will migrate.

You could probably use the AC+R: Strategy Talk thread instead, since it's more of a specific scenario than a change, as you said.

Then again, it could go into AC+R: Okizeme thread cause it's a okizeme-related scenario...

Yeah... go with the former to discuss the specific scenario and use the latter for specific okizeme pattern stuffs...

I figured that thread (+R: Strategy Talk) was the +R: 'General Discussion' thread, lol.

Sign in to follow this