Sign in to follow this  
Sundown

AC: General Discussion

Not sure where I should put this, but did anyone else know that you can pop a bubble with the outer ring of your burst? I tagged a Ky player with FB bubble during casuals and we were pretty neck in neck, with a poke either way winning and me already in a combo so I bursted. The bubble popped and Ky lost, while me and the player just stared at the screen amazed.

i've tried to pop bubble with burst using normal bubble, but the setup was not worth the cost *letting yourself get combo'ed or loosing momentum* btw... just recently use this mid screen oki setup 2d -> iad cross up, Bubble follow up option: 1. air dash (another cross up), j.s(bubble pop) -> dash throw/2k/fish/air pike 2. land -> dash throw/2k 3. air dash back, j.s(bubble pop) -> long range drill 4. fd :v: what do you guys think?

I think I did that once, bubble pop w/ burst. It was a surprise tactic in the middle of a mixup that happened to work at the time, lol. @excelence I like the oki setup you posted. If anything its a choice of an oki option should you land a 2D to knockdown if you don't do any 2D special cancelling stuff instead. What are your bubble preferences in regards to the followup options you have listed?

1st p/k bubbles, or your j.s would miss the bubble pop 2nd & 4th whatever bubbles 3rd s bubbles extra note on 1st option for p bubble it's possible for your opponent to whiff the bubble pop on neutral crouching state by taking a risk Dizzy only do one cross up and do bubble->j.h on 3/4 part of the arena probably special canceling 2d would be the best if she ever get 2d to hit for corner kd... but meh, i'm sux with it (>_>)

Not speaking for execelence, but I'd probably use the K bubble.

Btw, a similar setup actually involves instant crossovers. You have to adjust the height on different characters, and also if they're crouching or standing of course.

[EDIT: 2D must knockdown relatively close, so this isn't off of a 2D poke, rather the end of a combo string]

2D ->

1) -> 2147K > AD (6) > AD (4) > j.2S > (pop) (land) > short dash > icespike

2) -> (delay) > 2147K > AD > j.2S > (pop) (land) > short dash > icespike

3) -> (delay) > 2147K > j.H (whiff) > (pop) (land) > 2K / DUST

In 1 and 2, the j.2S will actually hit from the other side while you are ADing, creating an instant crossover. The bubble will then pop, allowing you time to combo afterwards.

In 3, the j.H must be done as late as possible so that you have time to land and 2K before the bubble hits, otherwise it won't be a high/low mixup. Mix it up with 5D!

[EDIT: forgot to mention also that for 3, you need to time the delay so that your 2K meaties the opponent's wakeup. Bubble pop will follow instantly so is pretty safe, except for throws. That's easy to counter, just block or 5D instead, then your hitbox won't be extended for his wakeup frame]

i absolutely agree with bizarro by using k bubbles instead than p, eversince it gives more ground coverage on pressure, but the j.s timming to pop the bubble on the 1st of my setup is harder and yeah, my setup was work for 2d poke @Merilyn : yeah, 2hs was sux like hell, unless she got major frame advantage whiffing that moves will kill her. and hate the fact almost all of his normal attack is a part of her hit box :vbang:

Those instant crossover setups that bizarro listed are quite nice :) You just have to make sure your TKed K bubble is high enough so the AD can carry you past your opponent on the ground otherwise you end up dashing against them instead. Good at midscreen after a successful IAD j.2S-j.H, land, (dash up) combo to 2D>knockdown, crossover oki setup of choice.

Another situation it may arise from: off a close 2K poke into 2D (eg. on block > 2H FRC > dash > 2K > 2D) Or landing from a jump/airdash > 2K > 2D

starting random discussion :v: any pad player here? what do you guys think about practicing bubble combos with pad? not to the extend being able to capitalize the combos on real match, just for practicing it. well i think the combos isn't as hard as May, Ino/Venom B&B and relatively easy. the hard part is knowing when you able/should do the combo on real match any second opinion about the difficulty of practicing bubble combos, in scale of 5 maybe?... i should've been able to do the combos 2years ago if i only focus on her :vbang:

I'm a pad player.

You mean like bubble loops and stuff? I never used to use it at first, but with some practice I was able to get a feeling for the timing and now I try to use it a bit more in my gameplay if the opportunity arises via corner oki setups.

I've landed bubble loops a few times in real matches. The opportunity came up and I went for it and at the time it worked out for good damage though I wasn't able to finish my opponents off with it in most cases, lol.

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1=easy and 5=difficult, I'd say 4 in my experience with it. Depending on how you press the attack buttons (thumb, various fingertips) and transitioning between them for moves/attacks is the tricky part at times. For example: ...6P>421>j.H, j.214K, ]S[, (opt. j.K), bubble pop>land>air combo followup. The tip of my thumb is holding S, while doing that the lower part of my thumb hits for the j.H, then I motion to do a K bubble still holding S, I then let go of S and that or a j.K pops the bubble, afterwards I go for a follow up air combo to finish. Then you have other starters like off of a 6H or a TK bubble pop to consider as options to do a bubble loop as well, lol.

yeah i'd have landed the loop maybe around 5 times in real matches, 2 of it against ABA lol u use only your thumb to do all the combos (O_o)??? my thumb is small, pressing /\X or []O combination is a big pain in the ass, i use P+K macro on shoulder button for the p_bubble special cancel i would rate it lv 3 dificulty on practice mode and 4.5 on real match XD

u use only your thumb to do all the combos (O_o)??? my thumb is small, pressing /\X or []O combination is a big pain in the ass, i use P+K macro on shoulder button for the p_bubble special cancel i would rate it lv 3 dificulty on practice mode and 4.5 on real match XD

Yup, thumb covers P, K, S, and H, as well as multi button presses like doing FRC/RC stuff with KSH or PKH. I used to use a macro for FRC/RC stuff back when I played #Reload but it never felt quite right to me so I decided to do the 3 button method instead and stuck with that ever since, lol.

When I played pad, I think the real difficulty was hitting S and X without accidentally nudging H instead, but it only take maybe an hour in practice mode and you'll get the hang of it. That said, it's infinitely easier on stick, and that goes for everything you do while holding the dagger. It depends on the setup a bit, but I'd say 3/5 and for me the diffculty is more in judging whether or not the dagger will pop the bubble or if you have to do it with a normal

Uhm, it's pretty hard for me, but I'm not as good as you guys :D. My thumb is long and thin so I guess that helps a bit. I too find timing it so that the spike pops the bubble is the hardest part, but the weird position of the fingers plays a role in it too I guess.

i use at least 4 different setup(6h,6p,bubble->2h,hs~p fish->2k oki) for bubble combos and the only time i use air pike to pop the bubble is in 6h setup XD ... if u think weird finger position plays a role, u should try to configure your button setting to make it more comfortable to get use with the combos, and Nehle was right... once u find the best configuration, u only need very little time to get a hang on it :)

When I do bubble loops I just use the S bubble so I can hold the air spike and then negative edge the bubble when I release it. I only do bubble loops off of a random hit with the air spike on its way up or 6P > air spike corner combos though so it might not work as well in all situations.

starting discussion, ... the forums been dead lately what's the point on doing just bubble (really low tk bubble, u do it right if there is no dust effect on the ground that appear on jump action) ? the setup still allow really low iad/get u on the ground really fast after summoning bubble

Sign in to follow this