Sign in to follow this  
Sundown

AC: General Discussion

iirc as long as it isn't 2sch/6p setup (or maybe Baiken :v:), every character has same difficulty i suggest u try different combo setup(6p>airpike,6hs,tkbubble>2hs) when practicing bubble combos as confirming the air pike will hit from 2sch it's hard and some character had weird hit box when being Juggle, sometimes when u think it'll hit... it's miss and when u think it'll miss, it does hit :v:

off topic ><

Once Blazblu comes out any Dizzy player want to add me to their psn for some matches? I'm dying to play with you guys someday. Most Dizzy player tend to play Nu or rachel atm I wonder what everyone here is going to pick.

Hm that's odd because I can cancel 2S into pretty much anything except for the pike. Really weird, I guess I'll try it some more.

So in general is it just better to rely on something like j.k -> follow-up? Is there any character that's so much easier to combo on that I should try do some bubble combo on?

2s is special cancelable, I presume you're just inputing it slowly. If you can AA baikens j.hs failing dying you can go into pike easier off counter hit into bubble damage but I wouldn't advise unless you have great confidence in the bubble loop.

I wish I had a PS3, I'll be bumming off my friend =( But yeah, I'm thinking of either Rachel or Nu because they're pretty much EX versions of Dizzy.

2P vs. 2K... I often (virtually always, I've kind of conditioned myself) use 2K instead of 2P because it has to be blocked low, not to mention it does more damage, more guard bar increase on block, less guard bar decrease on hit, and adds more tension. The only disadvantage seems to be the slightly less range and can't combo into itself. So... when should I be using 2P and not 2K?

- 2P, throw - 2P, 2K - 2P, 2P, dash 2P, dash 2P, 2P, 2K - Filling in gaps between fish bites - Pop bubbles - Homing pike, dash 2P Just gotta find it. :)

- 2P, throw

- 2P, 2K

- 2P, 2P, dash 2P, dash 2P, 2P, 2K

- Filling in gaps between fish bites

- Pop bubbles

- Homing pike, dash 2P

Just gotta find it. :)

think its good to add the different hit box of each property.

2k hits low but limited in upper hit range where hte range of closer to ground, players you would rather poke with 2p over 2k, As an example Slayer 6k will hop through your 2k if you guess wrong. Self cancel is another factor already mention, against eddie or other summon type you would want fast rapid cancel to (A) beat summons or (B)recover faster.

one thing im curious is why would you say using 2p being different to using 2k is you're popping bubbles or doing tick throws. Both will have the same effect and achieved the same outcome.

2p is lvl1 and 2k is lvl2 making 2p slightly better for tick throws, and 2k slightly better for filling gaps. For me personally, I prefer doing 2k CH > 5h if someone tries to poke my fish, rather than going for say 2p CH > 2k > 2d Then of course it's a matter of the simply beating different kinds of pokes, take the Jam matchup DI 2p > JA 2s > DI 2k > JA 6p > DI 2p And of course, both Testament and Jonny can actually dash over 2k

think its good to add the different hit box of each property.

2k hits low but limited in upper hit range where hte range of closer to ground, players you would rather poke with 2p over 2k, As an example Slayer 6k will hop through your 2k if you guess wrong. Self cancel is another factor already mention, against eddie or other summon type you would want fast rapid cancel to (A) beat summons or (B)recover faster.

one thing im curious is why would you say using 2p being different to using 2k is you're popping bubbles or doing tick throws. Both will have the same effect and achieved the same outcome.

haha... i learn that the hard way XD... about when to use 2p/2k... i think it's depend on situation and matchup. 2p can also combos to 5k btw, giving her more option on pressure imo

1 question, which has faster startup between 2p/2k and c.s? i got caught on clash war while poking with 2k against Testament 2k and got beaten with his 2p :gonk:

haha... i learn that the hard way XD... about when to use 2p/2k... i think it's depend on situation and matchup. 2p can also combos to 5k btw, giving her more option on pressure imo

1 question, which has faster startup between 2p/2k and c.s? i got caught on clash war while poking with 2k against Testament 2k and got beaten with his 2p :gonk:

IIRC,

c.S is 5 frames and 2P/2K are both 6.

Thanks, I see. So... are there simple general guidelines as when to use 2P vs. 2K? Or is it one of those things where you just need to get a feel for it?

@Zekashis : thx :) @Grey : u can plan for it :keke: ... generally by knowing your opponent option and what Dizzy has to beat their poke (well, Dizzy didn't poke much in the first place thought :psyduck:) ... tldr : yes :v:

Hell yeah! one of the greatest dizzy of all time is back, KA-ZU-KI sama ^^, crying tears of joy. Finally a dizzy that does justice.

OMG!! 2k can otg after a corner ice spike ender without frc.... this is a awesome new change.

p fish providing the best lock down to set up air pike into IAD high or low, being the a true stable mix up ... man I so maining only dizzy now.

Finally a dizzy player that uses necro anger super ^^,

K fish causes stagger on hit? is it the property of the 2nd input or is it all K fishes.

Edited by zaeris

Hello, new to Dizzy here since release on XBLA. My big question is FRC'ing the Ice Spike, take care of the hardest part first. It has been hard though at first I went by a sound que in the game. I get it a couple of times but not consistant. I then thought about creating a rhythm on my stick by double tapping HS before FRC'ing. So far, I have more sucess than the sound que but I'm still not consistant, that and plus I haven't applied it in a combo/live match. What do you guys do/suggest when FRC'ing the Ice Spike?

FRCing is generally used to get more time to set up fish/spike/bubble oki. You can also use it to extend your combo to get more corner carry/go for a kill, or FRC to continue applying pressure. Also you can make yourself safe by FRCing on whiff (although note, since there's no hitstop when it doesn't hit, there's actually a different timing to the FRC).

Practice.

Lots of practice.

Over time, you eventually develop the 'feeling' for the Ice Spike FRC point as you gain more experience in playing Dizzy.

The Dizzy wiki page has a section on Ice Spike FRC stuffs which highlights some scenarios/applications on the utilization of the FRC.

since there's no hitstop when it doesn't hit, there's actually a different timing to the FRC).

Nope. Ice Spike is a projectile and projectiles hitstop does not affect FRC timing

Theoritically... Been playing her since xx and I keep get this feeling that her frc comes faster on whiff and much later on ch.

Is there any video that explain about this?

Just a small reminder to post about Dizzy +R changes in the thread that is about Dizzy's changes in +R. This thread is about vanilla AC

Are there any tips for someone starting out with Dizzy in AC?

I've started with learning the Ice Spike FRC. I'm looking at the bubble loops next but are there any fundamentals or key things that I should take note while I'm learning Dizzy?

I've started with learning the Ice Spike FRC. I'm looking at the bubble loops next but are there any fundamentals or key things that I should take note while I'm learning Dizzy?

In my opinoin, bubble loop is not practical and if you ever pull it off in tourny it won't happen often, until AC+R comes out, it will be one of those rare thing happen every 100 games and even if it does happen you will drop it half way :sweatdrop: . Ice spike frc is useful but not a must.

Small things you need is good neutral, know your mix up and the range of your pokes and read this guide:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3473-AC-Strategy-Guide

for the short answer

Check out the Dizzy page on the DL wiki for some info on various topics regarding gameplay stuffs.

The Strategy section goes over some general gameplay tactics.

The Tips & Techniques section highlights some applications of concepts that are specific to Dizzy.

Okizeme is something you should take note of as it's an important part of Dizzy's gameplay.

If you have any questions about a particular topic/concept, post them up in the relevant threads.

In my opinoin, bubble loop is not practical and if you ever pull it off in tourny it won't happen often, until AC+R comes out, it will be one of those rare thing happen every 100 games and even if it does happen you will drop it half way :sweatdrop: . Ice spike frc is useful but not a must.

Small things you need is good neutral, know your mix up and the range of your pokes and read this guide:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3473-AC-Strategy-Guide

for the short answer

Indeed the chance for bubble loop to happen is very rare but the combos itself is nowhere near impractical zone imo :D, and if you're really good with hit confirm, you can start bubble loop from 2h(ch)/close anti air 2s(ch)/2k corner meaty, thought most of the time Dizzy would prefer reset / knock down in that situation... but being a swag once in a while does feels good :D

and try to fight a lot of A.B.A, you'll get much more chance for bubble loop on that match compared other character :kitty:

Sign in to follow this