Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zer0kage

Millia vs. Testament: Dinosaurs, webs, and trees, oh my!

How do you handle TEstament? I neither see much vids against him nor be able to for the time being. So far the Testaments I play with its like a match of oki tug of war. The pin is an essential tool here. Withouth the pin you have to count on IAD jS or jD to get past his traps which is easier said than done. He cant do much once you knock him down other than his 6K (or whatever that superfast hilt swipe thing is) or that counter which can be baited. He can use the disc or secret garden to trigger his counter move as another gimmicky way of escaping. The biggest problem I have against test is getting cornered. Especially once he brings out the Beast FRCs left and right while he's doing high low mixup.. Is it really cross up? Also whats the best approach to do once he scores a knockdown and is setting up lots of webs. and youre 3/4 screen far from him with no pin. Secret garden is definitely off since its free EXE.

the next step to doing this matchup is to read frame data, and see what shouldn't be free for testament. I know 2H-2D has a gap when you IB, which can be followed up pretty simply. And in AC, you could just SB it into FB disc. Just look for the 2S. Also, You can either IB then jump FD, or just 1 frame jump out of EXE beast after blocking the move before it, and it'll push you too far out for testament to close the gap even with FRC.

This matchup is pretty debatable in my opinion. Whether it is either even or maybe slightly to Testament's advantage. I will stand by it as even in my opinion since it's momentum based, and both characters have ways in dealing with each other. If not even, maybe slightly to Testament's advantage.

-Pay attention to where Testament plants his traps as it can break your momentum.

-Pin will blow through Testament's labyrinth. Use it to disarm his traps and go for a mixup if he blocks it. This is an important part of this matchup as it can make things easier or difficult if misused.

-Millia's j.d as mentioned when spaced will disarm testaments traps as mentioned. If he plants a web on the ground 5sf will do the job. (Still testing how to get by tree other than pin, if someone can give input on that it'd be nice)

-Bait warrant and punish it. 2k or 2p can do the job in baiting after planting a non-meaty disc as you will recover fast enough to block it. You can also throw warrant to punish.

-Secret Garden is safe to go for fullscreen after an airthrow or an air combo that doesn't position you in the corner. It baits warrant and covers your rushdown as well as clear any remaining traps. Avoid it on neutral as he can EXE beast you and punish you for free.

-His 6k is very fast and will win up close. Testament wins in terms of poking. However Millia's 2d beats out his 2d. Cancel into roll to disc for positioning. If you are up close already when you 2d him, just cancel into disc.

-you can run through 6h before the scythe touches the ground. You can also run under as Testament's air-air normals.

-usual, 1 knockdown = autopilot mixup. abuse your mobility at the same time as it helps along with the pin to close the distance.

Testament will try to use his poking and zoning to keep you out. Luckily Millia has the mobility to get around his traps and the tools to deal with his zoning.

tl;dr

Disarm traps with j.d in the air, 6p and 5sf on the ground.

Bait and punish warrant.

Mix up approaching through dashing or jumping.

If anything arises, I will edit this post if something comes up.

EDIT: Made a few changes, Thanks blitz for clearing some stuff up for me.

First, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to dust out the cobwebs on this thread!

A few things I went "uhhhh..." at:

You can also 6p through the ground nets and trees. You can get a counter hit stagger if timed properly.

-You can run under his 6h and punish the recovery on it.

The wording here suggests you use 6P to take out nets? ^^; 6P is relatively unsafe in this match in the first place. Go ahead and trade with forward beast, be my guest. The other suggestion is better.

And running "under" 6H seems a little misleading. The hitbox extends to the floor, no?

Other stuff is nice general/vague anti-testy stuff, most of which falls under ITS A TRAP/web and DONT DROP THE SOAP/pin (...too much).