Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CP] Kokonoe - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

*Note* - When browsing the Kokonoe forums please follow the rules of the site, failure to do so will result in an Infraction. If you do not know the rules you can check them here -> Site Rules.

Gameplay Discussion Only Please!:
  • Remember to keep the discussion strictly gameplay related.
  • Feel free to discuss Match Videos, Combos, Mixups, Strategies, etc.
  • If you have a question or are unsure about something, please look on the wiki first. Her page can be found here.
  • Please take all Story related discussion to the Chrono Phantasma Story Thread.
  • Please take any off-topic Kokonoe discussion to the Kokonoe Group found here.

Things To Do List (as of 11/04/13):
  • Create a Kokonoe 101 Thread.
  • Create a Critique Thread.
  • Create a Q&A Thread.

Completed Tasks (as of 11/04/13):

[*]Video Thread layout changed. (11/04/13)

[*]Combo Thread layout changed. (11/04/13)

[*]Combo Thread created. (10/07/13)

[*]Video Thread created. (10/07/13)

[*]Gameplay Discussion thread created. (10/07/13)

:KO:

Yay Kokonoe is just as awesome as I thought she'd be. :yaaay:

So far I love how fast she is, its really easy to keep pressure on people, even though it doesn't quite feel like she was designed for that. Can't wait to put in some lab time and get to know her better. :kitty:

Kokonoe seems pretty interesting, so far. Her 5A/2A are kinda on the slow side.

Her anti air seems pretty strong. It seems to keep its head inv. during the entire charge.

Also, is 214214X her only form of reversal?

Seems like she gets a HUGE increase in damage if she can confirm into her CT. She seems very meter efficient xD so now I'm on challenge 30 with no idea how to combo.

Edit: DERP, Golden Tager it

So far i've seen

amane like chip damage

gravity on par with tagers

a high lvl projectile that has made spark bolt/kagura's giant wind gale ball get reduced to nothing

she's got that nice speed

and teleprot mix up to boot like a better version of izayoi

i'm already hearing people talk about 4-6k combos off certain normals without CH.

Wonder what her match ups will be like vs Valk/Hakumen/Litchi/Rachel/Nu/Mu/Hazama/Bang/Tsubaki (since she has teleports and good projectiles + control over her fireball and etc - i wonder how those characters in particular will give her a good/bad time)

Kokonoe seems pretty interesting, so far. Her 5A/2A are kinda on the slow side.

Her anti air seems pretty strong. It seems to keep its head inv. during the entire charge.

Also, is 214214X her only form of reversal?

Her 632146D has full invincibilty till the end could be useful with right graviton placement :3

Also her intro with azrael is pretty awesome.

That may be easier... but damn that demo combo looms nice. I am more hooked on her than I thought I'd be actually, wasn't with the "ZOMG ITS KOKONOE" group, just thought it'd be cool to have a team of SCIENCE! with Relius.

Becase of her graviton's placement freedom, does that mean a lot of her combos will vary?

It's gonna be a while to getting the timing for "opponent over Graviton" 236D and hit versus just repelling them away.

Any advice on hitting 236C consistently? And 5B for falling opponents? As fun as her combos look, I've realized those two moves may prove problematic.

So I was shocked to learn that the strength of her drives are enough to lock the opponent in place that even her 632146D doesn't pull them in.

I'll probably come back with more questions and "curious notes."

All you have to do is Golden Tager and charge it...

Oh that is just.... loool

Hold C, spin the stick around. Easy 7K, 13K if you Overdrive. You know. Assuming your opponent won't block or move out of the way.

That's what a graviton fireball is suppose to distract them from. Cuz you know... everyone worries about the ball of fire rather than the giant electrical robot that's charging for more than 2 seconds. Btw, 236C isn't really an issue on timing as long as you put the move in. It has lots of active frames so as long as the moves out before they fall down/into it it should hit.

Why do challenge 30 with golden Tager if you can do a combo?

Totally forgot it could be charged

Updated the challenge mode list in the combo thread. I'll fix the damage/heat values for them later tonight. Also awesome job Uri! :3

5B 5C 3C 236A 5A 5B 5C 2C 6B 236B 6A 236C

4k in the corner

Also, after a 6B midscreen, cancel into Lighting (22A) ASAP. From here, you can either continue a ground combo, do a dirty dash under, or use 6A, 6C or even a charged 6A gattlinged into 6C to start an air combo. If you just need a quickie, 6B also cancels into 236C. In the corner, I like to do 6B 22C 5C 2C 236B 5C 236C for 3261 off an overhead.

6B is beast.

:3

I'm calling it for the night, but you know... pickin up Koko really has some bazaar ReliusxKokonoe s&m scenes in my head xD. I havnt touched any of the new characters really, dabbled with combos with Izayoi offline, but I really enjoy team SCIENCE! Honestly, the way she works feels like Hazama to me. Meh damage off of standard hits then 25-50 heat, BAM, 4-6k damage. C starters aren't included in this btw, 2C leads to like 5k anywhere @.@