Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurushii

[CP] Kokonoe - Gameplay Discussion (Discuss Videos/Combos/Questions/etc.)

Sorry for asking like 100 things on DL each day lol.

When it comes to pressuring your opponent, what is the best way to do it? Like, are there any optimal strings that end with a somewhat safe move on block?

Also, how/when do you set-up her oki?

While I will say I feel like Koko is good, she still doesn't seem like she has an edge over the characters that are currently classified as S tier, which would place her A tier, aka, a lot of the cast. Her pressure seems a lot like Litchi's to me, with geaviton placement and activation keeping a lot of stuff safe and keeping pressure going.

Kokonoe is definitely at least A tier. (i.e. at least high med) And IMO, she have a potential top S tier, depending of what people discover in her gameplay.

Offense and mobility wise, she's excellent. But her defense, as stated earlier, makes it necessary that she's ALWAYS on the offensive, and with characters that can plow through or avoid her projectiles, she will have a hard time getting them. Just getting use to her moveset, some of her attacks and setups are jist beaten by alot of Tao's stuff

Btw, I agree about at least A tier. Makes her feel more comfortable to me anyway because of team SCIENCE! with Relius

Challenge 30 Combo I did if anyone needs one

Corner starter:

2C>6C>jC>jB>jC>5B>6A>6B>OD>6A(full)>jB>jC>Golden Tager 7,141 damage

What are you guys doing for corner throw combos so far I'm doing throw 236b, 5b, 6b, 22a, 6c, j.d, j236 d, 2c, 236 a for 3.3k I tried doing the earlier posted midscreen combo in the corner but I could never land the 236d

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Been having an issue shooting fireballs across the screen with 236d. Seems it's hard to tell which side of the graviton the ball is on. Any tips? Not that there's much reward but it's fun...

holy shit that video. that is godlike.

my corner throw combo so far is Throw > 5D > 236D > 8.J.BC > J.2C(w) > 2C > 236B > 5B > 6[A] > 22A (Here you can attempt to do 214A flare to keep them blocking in the air if they air tech.)

Alternate ender is .............236B > 5B > 6[A] > 236C [ice] > RC 3D > 22B > Mix-up

I cant see it Dx frikkin nico, you have to sign up for that? Meh, that's beside the point. So is 6B only a good combo ender if the proration doesn't let them air tech before they hit the ground? Just wondering if 6B>22B oki could be beaten if they are able to air tech just before they hit the ground

I cant see it Dx frikkin nico, you have to sign up for that?

Just sign up. They have an English option.

Only one day and Kokonoe is already shaping up to be a really good character! It seems like aside from her relatively slow normals and no meter-less reversal, Kokonoe won't really have any trouble dealing with anybody aside from herself. Do you think they're going to nerf her soon or do her downsides keep her from being godlike? Or does anybody think they'll be holes in her gameplan that could potentially cripple her tier ranking? I thought ask since I'm pretty curious to see what you guys think.

Any opinions/speculations?

I have a feeling she'll probably get slightly lowered damage at the most. Her midrange is pretty bad imo, with 3C being the only good poke she has. Don't get me wrong, I think 3C is probably the most impressive move she has in her moveset xD is it safe on block? Anyway, aside from 3C, a lot of her moves are really short range or slow.

I watched the combo video by Sugi_VS and saw this corner combo

2b 5b 5c 3c 236a 5a 6a 6c jc jd 236d 2c 6b 236b 6a 236c

Problem is it seem that combo wont work on certain character like azrael and izayoi (6c after ~236a 5a 6a~ will whiff), anyone know the solution to make that combo viable againts all character? And aside from azrael and izayoi, which other character that wont get hit by that 236a 5a 6a 6c stuff?

so kokonoe's black hole super (juuryoku - 632146d) is unblockable, drags in, has tons of invuln, and catches airborne opponents. by itself it does 1200 dmg only, but you can combo off of it in 2 ways - 2 hit black hole, which means starting the combo prorated and with 0 damage, or 3 hit, which requires a tight link (hit them as soon as they touch the ground) but grants 1200 dmg to start of combo while increasing proration

anyone, for now, these are the main 2 set ups i think

6b>black hole

or x->meaty 22b>black hole

which chars can escape these set ups? typically the 6b setups will lose to delay forward roll if you're too close, but 1-2 steps back is enough to prevent that. preliminary testing/observations shown below.

can get out of the set up and kill you for trying it - may or may not need meter

ragna - CS out for free, 22b makes timing a bit harder (if tech immediately, 22b catches it last hit) but still works

azrael - growler lol

bang - daifunka wins

valkenhayn - storm wolf

carl - vivace for free

amane/terumi - charge super gets out free

kokonoe - do your own blackhole, lol

can sort of get out, not really in practice/most cases

tsubaki/izayoi/arakune - astral only (lol)

litchi - at the right distance, she can't do anything. if too far, all terminal gets her out. if too close, can tech roll out. but you can strike a balance and get both options covered

hakumen/jin - free reset vs 6b setup, can yukikaze 22b setup

tager - overdrive>mtw gets you out

preliminary list of chars who have to eat UMvC3 style 1 player game resets

mu, relius, hazama, makoto, bullet, platinum, rachel, noel, taokaka, kagura

Relius could do doll super on wakeup which hits Koko with the last 3 punches, looks really weird though, almost like it slows the game down. The punches aren't CH so I assume you can block em? Either that or its just not in a CH state that long. I assume Carl can do the same, but idk.

Tested more, Relius is like Litchi, too close and he can roll, to far and he can doll super. Also, tager can just B sledge through all of it. If she's staffless, Litchi can charged puffball behind you and escape

Why are people assuming she is going to get nerfed?

She has big damage yes but she also has no meterless reversal. She has to maintain offense to do anything of note which may or may not work given her slow normals. She's good but squishy and has flaws. People are just getting a little too excited about damage.

Its her damage and mixup combined with the relative safety thereof. Honestly, after seeing how many ways it can be used/abused, I'm expecting a nerf to black hole super. Its actives are rediculously long combined with the fact that she's invincible the whole time. This thing may be easy to plow through as tager, but it is virtually unpunishable unless she's right next to you when she uses it. You can't jump over it from what I've seen, it sucks you right in, so its a godlike zoning tool that can't be beat.

Kokonoe acquired! I hope to see many of you playing her. She is very fun, very complex and challenging while being relatively easy to execute. She is so natural that I think she going to be main-sub status for me, so I'll be around often and hope to get some good information and likewise.

also, found something interesting, seems like she has Noel's drive trick where, right before Noel lands she can press d and skip the startup of an air d attack and go straight into a ground one. Not sure how useful it will be for koko but if you press d right as she lands, instead of setting graviton, if it was already on the field it will disappear, taking no meter. I assume this basically eliminates the small recovery phase of setting graviton/deactivating it via 214d.