Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Yuuki Terumi Gameplay Discussion

BBCP_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

Yuuki Terumi Gameplay Discussion

• Gameplay discussion for the new BBCP character Yuuki Terumi. Discussion pertaining to how he plays, his normals and specials, and etc. goes in here.
    Please keep the discussion gameplay related and on topic.
  • The wiki [CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED] contains useful information on normals, specials, frame data, and basic character information.

• Story discussion, theme discussion, and the like belong in their respective threads in Zepp Museum.

Basically, talk about how Terumi plays in BBCP. You can have fun discussing him too, but don't stray far from the topic or do anything that'll make me have to infract you.

This is here... its a real thinf @.@ my dream team of badguys will be real.

So down to business, mixup is apparently j.2D xD. Im assuming all his arials hit high, but j.2D seems to be the most useful cept maybe j.B for jump ins. Was that one super ever said to be an oh?

Pure easy mode character dabess.

Real talk though, j.D also can be used for jump-ins. And I believe Guymam said Orochi was an overhead, not sure if it's confirmed though.

This guy has so many ways to go into astral it's ridiculous. Hype for training mode experiment footage.

Everything comboing into a troll move is great, especially with how long astral sequences take xD. However, Terumi only has snake charge and houtenjin for defense right? Gonna have to hit offense hard to make sure you have heat when needed

Snake Charge? Assuming you mean Jakyou Messenga in which case naw it's not a defensive option (seems to beat projectiles though) but Ouja Zanrouga is. Soutenjin, Zanrouga and Counter Assault are probably Terumi's only defensive options.

Celebration time!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33hFEfGYaEA

that aside here's a question in all seriousness, Is there any reason to use rapid cancels in combos? it seems like Terumi does pretty much anything you'd he can do with a RC by throwing out a distortion.

After everything demonstrated by Terumi in the last two days I'll say your rapid cancel combos would most likely be used to go for the kill. He's already dangerous without it, I'm not sure if his supers have invincible start-up except for one but to use any heat would be for a counter-assault and you're back in again. That's how I see the character playing since he's heat dependent for the most part for any kind of damage.

Well, I think his only combo extender outside of OD is thr stomp super, but even then, I guess it'd be better than an RC. I see Terumi using RC's more for mixup rather than combo extensions though, and makin our defense safer

Welp, 3.5k meterless off 5B in the corner, and 67 meter gain.

Not really concerned about his alleged "low damage" anymore, even without meter.

This guy looks so fucking hype, I can't take it. I want Nakamura to gently make love to my eardrums :st1ckbug:

Follow me on twitter and check my tweets I tweeted a bunch of shit for the character about misc. things. I'll find somewhere to put them later. Donate. Send me pictures of your girlfriends. Buy me dinner.

Something I've been wondering:

Can he combo after his CA using an RC? If he can, CA > RC might be a useful tool when he's under some heavy pressure. If it's blocked then the RC lets you pressure using the frame advantage and if it hits I'm sure he could get at least 30 Heat back.

Anybody test this yet?

Not yet. But I do know his counter DD DOES indeed have start up that he can be hit out of.

It doesn't counter projectiles at all. Nor does it activate on grabs. Also it gets hit by lows.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Terumi too fun, gonna be uploading a ton of matches with him whenever I can.

Also not too much differs with Unlimited Terumi, he's basically faster and always in Overdrive in his normal stage with a Green aura. Also, he has a new super while in Overdrive that's like 632146D that's kinda like Mizuchi but more insane.