Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Yuuki Terumi Gameplay Discussion

Funny thing about the command grab. If you input the super motion immediately, he'll still go through the entire animation of the command grab but do the super at the end. Stacked ques baby.

Which super?

All of them.

Taken from Twitter from JP hazama players

6B (FC) OD CT 5C 623C 5B 5C 3C 6D 236D 63214D 8321K, requires 100 heat.

So it's a bit early I guess but does anyone know frame data for Terumi? Or least figured out general stuff like "this is good on block" and "this isn't"? I'm trying to work out my pressure options for him. So far the only thing I've figured out is that 5C looks like it would be safe but gets you blown up.

Just go into training mode and try to mash out of his pressure with Ragna 2A or something.

I've tried to do a OD combo that start from 6A and no heat, and I've found that for now :

6A > jc j.5C > jc j.5C > OD j.2D > 2C > 5C > 3C > 6D > 236D > DD

Does around ~3000 if you have a short OD time, and ~3500 if it's a long OD, depending of the DD at the end. Independant of the OD time, you'll gain at least 50 heat so the DD is guaranteed. Tell me if you've got better idea for that one plz !

Side note about the wiki : I've just added damage data for most of Terumi's normal ; For multihit moves, I've detailled the move like I've seen the wiki of other characters such as Ragna's 5D or 6C, each hit separately and as if it hitted first (no proration). Would you like the total damage of thoses moves to be put in the description or something ? Like for 6C, it's 520, 520, 960, but the total damage of the move is actually 1301. I'm asking 'cause there was already some multihit moves with damages values in the wiki and the total damage number was used instead of the detail.

I've also checked that meter steal during OD is fixed, unlike heat gain, meaning that j.2D will always make the opponent lose 2 heat whatever the lenght of the combo. I was going to add them to the wiki but I'll post them here before, if you want to check or anything :

5D: Opponent lose 2 heat

6D: Opponent lose 5 heat (he gains some on the first and last hit, but in the end he loses 5 heat)

2D: Opponent lose 6 heat

j.5D: Opponent lose 2 heat

j.2D: Opponent lose 2 heat

I don't know if that'll have any value, but here are the numbers I've taken. Tests condition were as such: OD, one hit with the opponent at 0 meter, reset, and one hit with the opponent at 50 meter. For every move except 6D, the steal gain is the exact same value as above.

5D: 16 heat gain raw, + 2 if your opponent have meter to steal

6D: 42 heat gain raw, + 6 if your opponent have meter

2D: 35 heat gain raw, + 6 if your opponent have meter

j.5D: 18 heat gain raw, + 2 if your opponent have meter

j.2D: 14 heat gain raw, + 2 if your opponent have meter

His specials (236D and 214D) don't steal meter. For this to be complete, we need the information of heat gain / heat steal againt a blocking character, so if anyone is up to it...

So finally got it. How does one go about using his command grab? The blasted thing is as blatant as an overhead. Also I think his counter is ass. Am I better off using Soutenjin for a reversal?

Kind of depends on both what the enemy is doing and what you're comfortable with. If the enemy likes to blatantly use mid and high attacks then the counter DD will be an okay thing to do, specially if you're in the corner as it will reverse your positions. But if they like to open with lows then you're better off doing Soutenjin. Though a big thing is the notation, it's a lot easier and faster to pull out a DP motion than a double QCF one.

The command grab is like most for characters that are rushdown, should be used sparingly so the enemy can be caught off guard. Thinking about it, could also probably be used as a forward/backward tech roll deterrent, but this is just a theory I just hypothesized.

So it's a bit early I guess but does anyone know frame data for Terumi? Or least figured out general stuff like "this is good on block" and "this isn't"? I'm trying to work out my pressure options for him. So far the only thing I've figured out is that 5C looks like it would be safe but gets you blown up.

I think cancelling it with 2C is your best bet....I think.

I just got this game today and wondering when is a good time to use 236D. I mostly try using it after 5C-2C-6C, but that doesn't work very much.

EDIT: Meant 214D, sorry everyone.

Vid link please? Also, 6C is fairly hard to combo after, at least without RCing the last hit. Try chaining 2C>6D>236D. Builds more meter. I am not sure if there's actually any way to combo into it. I've mainly used it as a tick throw.

Edit: Anyone else really enjoy how the english VA goes "Alright, no more bullshit!" going into OD?

Vid link please? Also, 6C is fairly hard to combo after, at least without RCing the last hit. Try chaining 2C>6D>236D. Builds more meter. I am not sure if there's actually any way to combo into it. I've mainly used it as a tick throw.

Edit: Anyone else really enjoy how the english VA goes "Alright, no more bullshit!" going into OD?

Yes. Holy sweet mother of god, yes. And you know what I enjoy even more?

THIS.

Go home scrubs, we officially have the best winpose in the game. It's time to go puppy kicking.

THIS.

Go home scrubs, we officially have the best winpose in the game. It's time to go puppy kicking.

Goddamn this character is the greatest.

Shoved together a really simple anti-air 6A CH combo that builds and (uses up if you want) about 50 meter.

6A > 2D > 2C > 5C > 3C > 6D > 236C > Stomp super.

Damage is a pathetic 2.9k, but hey, 2D in a combo!

Found a silly OD loop as him, can loop it quite a few times during a combo provided you have non 5A/2A starter and yer opponent is airborne. For instance:

5B>3C>ODc>5B>5C(1)>j2D>(2C>5C(1)>j2D) xN >2C > 5C > 3C > 6D > 41236C or 236236D (strongly advise against 236D if the combo has gone on for a great deal of time, if you do land it with enough hitstun left go for 632146D, 63214B or 41236C depending on what you feel like, also 236236D won't combo after 6D if it's gone on a great deal of time as well)

This loop builds a lot of meter for a midscreen combo, thing being is that it comes at the cost of damage and of course your burst. Still a silly option for corner carry and style. Can only follow up the j2D on air hit in OD hence why you have some constraints with how long you can do it. That example combo being anywhere from just one rep to three depending on yer health of course.

I love how flexible Terumi is when it comes to combos.

All of them.

Taken from Twitter from JP hazama players

6B (FC) OD CT 5C 623C 5B 5C 3C 6D 236D 63214D 8321K, requires 100 heat.

What's 623C?

Also I can't mash hard enough for 22C to get all hits, any tips or should I just man up and mash harder?

Also I can't mash hard enough for 22C to get all hits, any tips or should I just man up and mash harder?

Don't wait to mash, it starts taking inputs for the mash right away. Like consider the input 22CCCCCC and just do it. If you go into challenge mode, turn the inputs on, and watch the demonstration do a challenge with 22C in it you can see when and how many times they press C to get the full hits.

Will update video thread with new Noze combo video, will update combo video with my own personal finds. Please, post your completed and annotated combo with heat and damage to make my life easier.

Fun tidbit: You can press B to cancel the hit of 6B before it comes out. Sneak a throw in at the end of the dash animation.

god help your opponent if they dont OS tech.

Been having alot of trouble locking down opponents after combos.

Ending with 236D/3C seems to allow the opponent to roll for free/doesnt give much advantage. Ending combos with 6D or 22C works but is usually very impractical or reduces your damage output alot.

Have you guys found any way to get stronger oki after his combos?

Hi guys !

Finally decided to register and contribute to the forums... Took me a long time :p

Anyways, here are the combos I use with Terumi. I think some may be optimized a little.

Everytime an orochi (63214B) is used, you can also use a fuuhenjin (632146D), but I think it's not worth it unless you have 75% heat. I didn't listed every starter possible, but the combo routes I use are good for pretty much any starter.

Midscreen

Standing opponent

2A 5B 2B 2C 5D 236D (63214B dash 3C) 1509 damage / +36 heat (2255 / -14)

5B 3C 22C (mash) 41236C dash 5B 5C 3C 6D 236D (63214B) 4755 / -7 (5291 / -57)

Crouching opponent

2A 5C 2C 6D 236D (63214B) 2118 / +50 (2821 / 0)

B+C 22C (mash) 41236C dash 5B 5C 3C 236D (63214B) 4199 / -38 (5860 / -78)

4B+C dash 2C 5C 3C 6D 236D (41236B) 2864 / +54 (3525 / +4)

6A CH 6 dash (5B) 5C 22C (mash) 41236C dash 5B 5C 3C 6D 236D (63214B) 4060 / -12 (4721 / -62)

6A CH 6 dash 5B 5C 3C 6D 236D (63214B) 2210 / +60 (2871 / +10)

Corner

2A 5B 3C 22C (mash )6D 236D (63214B) 2787 / +61 (3462 / +5)

5B 3C 22C (mash) 2C 5C 3C 6D 5C 236D 63214B 3825 / +62 (4486 / +12)

A+B 22C (mash) 6D 236D 63214B (2C/3C) 3441 / +60 (4126 / +10)

4A+B (Terumi in the corner) dash 5C 22C 6D 236D (63214B) 3011 / +57 (3848 / +7)

6C (CH/RC) dash 5B 5C 3C 22C 6D 5C 3C 236D (63214B) 4079 / +63 (4740 / +13)

If you have any suggestion to make these better... Especially to get an okizeme after a combo !!

I also have question. How do you guys deal with characters like Ragna and Tsubaki, who have very good normals with long reach, in neutral game ?

EDIT : About the oki, I found a setup, I'd like to hear your opinion guys... After any combo midscreen, use the Messenga super (41236C). There, you can j2D 5B for a perfectly timed meaty, j2D throw, dash 2A crossunder... Seems cool to me.

Dang, thought I found a reset in the corner following 22C with 5A>CT. It would work on Tager in the corner as long as the CPU did the teching and attacking. However, if I tried to set the CPU to do the reset for me the notations would either become wrong or, the more usual occurrence, I would tech out as Tager and then somehow the CT would whiff.

Dunno what's up.