Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injuin

Millia vs. Johnny: Smack that pedo!

I had trouble with a Johnny player today. Johnny's air HS is impossible to AA and 2D beats out my rolls and stuff. Get hit with one low mist finer and I'm practically dead. Coin makes so everything safe and all I get at the right distance is a FD sj. Any tips?

How good is his AA? Sometimes, when I'm really really desperate to get in range (and my opponent isn't any better at this game than I am,) I dry turbofall from a fair distance just to quickly turn "a fair distance" into "right on top of you." I can sj.turbofall --> throw if my opponent isn't expecting it and I catch them off-guard. Of course, I eat it like you would not believe if it's anticipated. Against Johnny, I've been J-slashed out of Turbofall a couple times, and it's quite sad. (Though the Johnny player I go against usually waits for me to throw a Bad Moon for that particular trick...but anyway.)

Maybe you could use the pin on your way down to make your approach at least a little safer? I know that's pretty much the only way my friend's Dizzy will ever let me into melee range, but I must confess that I don't have as much experience against Johnny.

Personal experience as a Johnny players. Others Millia and Johnny players can agree or not, pinpoint obvious mistakes in it, inputs are welcome. :keke: Millia can beat Johnny's j.HS used as a jump-in. It may be because either you time it bad, are not properly placed or use the wrong AA as she has more than one and is really good at it. I know two Millia players and tried numerous times a j.HS to jump-in with different timing, it was always beat (or most of the time, but the only time it worked can be because my opponent screwed the timing). Remember you can also dash and jump > airthrow since Millia runs fast and has a kinda low hitbox during it. It may be because I poorly time it but I don't think so. :v: Anyway, it should be easier for you to successfully AA him than him to j.HS you. My only way to beat her is to trick her to use an AA and then whip out a KJ FRC instead of j.HS. This is if your are too AA trigger-happy since anti-airs works like a charm against JO (and likely other characters). To counter it, you can run > airthrow, backdash depending on JO's distance etc.

I just know that the Killer Joker hurts a lot and is basically the only thing you have to watch out for. Everything else will either clash or you will win it.

Yep, as Kurumster said, sorry for not getting into details previously.

Blitz covered Millia's AA in one of his post. I'll try to dig that but I think the one that beat me was mainly 6P. It has been a while since I played them, unfortunately. Until your JO opponent decides to use KJ FRC, you won't have trouble to AA him. And even so, unless you always blindly AA his jump-ins, making KJ an appropriate answer for him, it should be kinda easy for you in my humble opinion.

It also beat me a few times where I tried a shady cross-up with iad.K or iad.S (not as okizeme, hence maybe why it failed), thinking his 6P will whiff but it turned around during its animation, hitting me while it first whiffed. :v:

Found it in the "AC Millia: TGS's Random Stuff..." thread :

millia no anti air? What are you smoking?!

somewhat in order of how often you'll use it, the first being most often:

5P - doesn't have invincibility, but it's quickness and good recovery make it very effective.

6P - GODLY, but can be baited cuz of its long recovery time.

5K - sorta good recovery, useful when your opponent is really low in the air next to you.

S© - bad recovery, but useful when your opponent thinks they can get in for free by coming straight in on top of you.

2H - bad recovery, and slow to start, but this beats out things that 6P loses to when anticipated far enough in advanced. have people jumping out after hair car? FRC, 2H. The CH from this move ends rounds due to the damage output it generates.

Rewording this completely after doing some sessions with A3Religion recently. This matchup is slightly to Millia's favor, but Johnny can dish out a good amount of damage and kill you in 2 combos if you are not careful. -Millia can dash under his coins and mid mist finer with her low hitbox as she's dashing, but don't get predictable. -Johnny's pressure is fairly easy to IB and block. You can 1F jump or backdash out at the proper timing. - Secret Garden is good at controlling space fullscreen as his mobility is limited. Watch for his tension as he can use it to get within range w/killer joker FRC. - Keep an eye on his meter when he has 50%. A meaty 2k or IAD over can bait his super on wakeup. -Use pin to stuff his AAs and fish for a counterhit as always. -Johnny's hitbox is weird as most combos won't work on him particularly relaunching him. Use j.ksh adc j.d j.d. ending with j.h also works on his hitbox. Hitconfirm to j.214s land 6h on either hits if you are at the right distance or when possible. this is still a WIP. I'll add more since I'm running out of time at school.