Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mashu

Hokuto no Ken Wiki Project

Hello all,

Recently I have been feeling a severe lack of MANLINESS in my fighting games. Luckily, I knew just what to do - I dusted off my PS2, bought a new stick(dear god trying to get a good PS2 stick in Canada was an expensive ordeal :gonk:), and busted out my copy of Hokuto no Ken! Now I just need someone to play with...

But getting to the point, I started working on the Hokuto no Ken section over at the Shoryuken Wiki sometime last year, and have updating it very sporadically. Now that I have a stick and can actually play the game, I would like to continue working on it and finish what I started. I think it would be nice if there was complete resource of up to date information to help would-be mohikans get into this awesome game. I still need to add some stuff but I am pretty much done with the pages relating to the game's mechanics, so next up I will be working on the character sections. I have already written a very in depth guide for Raoh, so check it out if interested!

Anyways, if anyone out there is still playing, give me a shout out. I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the game, and if you are ever in the Vancouver area, hit me up for some Hokuto. :cool:

Hello there. I'm glad this section of the forum is still alive. Lol

Recently, I been going through the tedious process of trying to write transcripts for the characters combo section from the Japanese hokuto no ken wiki.

http://www6.atwiki.jp/hokuto/pages/213.html

I think the information from the Japanese wiki is pretty up to date and it would be nice if we could manage to translate and use it in our wiki. Unfortunately my Japanese sucks so the best I can do is write the transcripts for the combo section. If anybody can translate some of the matchup strategy section it would be excellent.

Hey! I'm glad people are actually reading this forum! :yaaay:

The Japanese Wiki is a very complete and awesome resource, and I have been referencing it constantly while writing the SRK Wiki. Once I am done with the Kenshiro section I will pretty much be out of my area of expertise, so I will most likely be relying on it even more! Eventually I would like to have all the information available on the Japanese Wiki transfered over to the English SRK Wiki.

For now, if there are any particular sections you are interested in let me know and I would be happy to translate them for you. It's not like I have anything better to do at work! :cool:

Hey! I'm glad people are actually reading this forum! :yaaay:

The Japanese Wiki is a very complete and awesome resource, and I have been referencing it constantly while writing the SRK Wiki. Once I am done with the Kenshiro section I will pretty much be out of my area of expertise, so I will most likely be relying on it even more! Eventually I would like to have all the information available on the Japanese Wiki transfered over to the English SRK Wiki.

For now, if there are any particular sections you are interested in let me know and I would be happy to translate them for you. It's not like I have anything better to do at work! :cool:

Great work, its no wonder the SRK wiki advanced section is so in-depth. I remember that AttheGates was doing a great job updating the Hokuto no Ken German wiki at hardedge in the old days but aside from the characters that he plays there is a lack of information for most of the cast.

About translating particular sections I don't want to bother you by asking to translate too much but one of the combo sections I had trouble creating transcripts was for Yuda. I would appreciate if you updated his section one of these days.

I just want to let your know that your work is appreciated and I'm sure the Hokuto no Ken fanbase is watching even if it is from the shadows. :cool:

Hello again!

I was actually able to play some Hokuto with real live people this past weekend, which was awesome.

Juda is one of the most interesting characters in the game so I think I will do him next. I wrote out a very rough transcript of the Juda combo section at work yesterday and posted it here, but skipped over quite a bit as the section is really badly organized and has a lot of obsolete and repetitive stuff there. On my days off I will have to comb through the BBS and do some practice mode to get my information straight, then organize everything nicely.

This might be a bit late, but if there's still interest I have a lot (I mean A LOT) of personal Toki notes (Combos, setups, matchups, bounces) and videos I can hand over for you to slap on that wiki.

Sorry for the late reply!

I don't play Toki so anything you have written up would be a great help. Please feel free to add it to the Wiki or post it here and I can do it.

I have been really busy on my days off lately so I haven't been updating as much as I would like, but aside from a bit of formatting/editing and the match ups section I am pretty much done with the Kenshiro. Next up is probably Juda, fun times!

Wow, it looks like a new Chikuseki technique has been discovered. It's so crazy that people are figuring out new techniques for this game still!

It appears that even moves that don't actually hit(which includes missed moves, startup canceled moves, and moves that don't execute due to landing) count towards Chikuseki. This means that by adding a bunch of extra inputs into wall combos you can get INSANE meter gains/dizzy on your next wakeup attack.

Here are some videos of it in action:

Jagi - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21599988

Shin - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21891523