LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Combo Thread (Work In Progress)

These combos are mostly categorized into 3 basic enders, based on the position of the opponent. Regardless of how the combos are altered, such as using things like super jumping to side swap and switching from a full screen into a corner route, they net you about the same damage and are very easy to convert from.

Edited by Alpha152

Really nice list Alpha, I'm going to try these out as soon as I get the chance.

Couple of things though...

-About 5B j.C again, do you really not need to do sj.C? Personally I'd love that as getting TK Revolver Blast is a problem from sj.C motions, but so far I've found that often you'll be out of range for j.C after AOptic dash 5B unless you superjump. This brings up another problem in that after the crossover from sj.C you'd need to 2D to crossback again to do the corner-carry Assault Through enders, which may ruin proration.

-You might get more optimal damage with 5B 5C sj.C in many cases. It also might ruin proration for the enders, particularly the 22B 2B 6C, but should work on the other 2.

-The corner ender (d.5C d.6A d.5C 22B 2B 6C(2) 22B) seems somewhat finicky, the Silencer will whiff out off the edge of the corner on some characters much like it would after deep 3Cs in previous versions. Or it might require some slight delay

Edited by UmaiCakes

in situations where silencer whiffs, throw in a d.5A before you hit 22B, it works.

I still need to change some stuff that I've noticed but as a rule of thumb for 5B > j.C, after MF this will always whiff against Tao, Makoto, Rachel, and Carl when you nuetral jump so you have to j.9C and after d.5B > OB you have to sj.C. j.C after OB > 5B works against everyone else without super jumping. I've omitted 5B > 5C to avoid the problem of TK RB but against the characters where you have to super jump doing sj.B > j.C works well.

I'm working on adding all the combos that I plan on practicing to my first post. These combos so far are all built around 22B tech options. Making sure that they can all catch a backwards tech.

Another combo route you can do is d.5B Assault Through for confirms from ~1/3 screen away from corner, this allows you to save your j.D.

Example:

6B > 5D > d.5C > d.6C > d.6A > d.5B > 214D > 66 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 22B (3.6k)

You can also do d.6A d.6B Optic Barrel dash 5B off of midscreen drive hits instead of d.6A d.5B Optic Barrel, it does slightly higher damage and is preferred from some starters where d.5B might drop the last hit and not wallbounce...

Example:

4D > 2D > d.6A > d.6B > 236A > 66 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > 2D > d.6B > 22C > 66C > 5D > d.6A > d.6B > 236D

I'll fill out the combos for d.6B, 6D, etc starters when I get home

Edited by UmaiCakes

Indeed, that's another option when close to the corner. The reason why I didn't include that route is because it's very spacing dependant and becomes unstable at max ranges, compared to the OB route which lets you convert a midscreen combo into 22B corner oki when at the right spacing.

I haven't messed around with d.6A > d.6B > 236A but I'm pretty sure that's character specific. d.5B shouldn't whiff on any characters, you just need to slightly delay it against some characters.

I'm going to use the first post for the "Must know" BnBs, since we have a decent combo discussion going, I figure we don't need to list all 5 ways you can combo off of every starter.

I haven't messed around with d.6A > d.6B > 236A but I'm pretty sure that's character specific. d.5B shouldn't whiff on any characters, you just need to slightly delay it against some characters.

It is character specific, but it seems to work on more characters than not. I'll give an actual list when I go test it out lol

The main reason I was looking for alternatives was off of 4D or 6D confirms, most times I just autopilot d.6A d.5B and it will drop...so doing d.6B was more consistent (on the characters that it works on)

Also an Assault Through combo for 6D/d.6B...

(6D > d.5A >) d.6B > d.6A > d.5B > 214D > 66 2C > 5C > sj.C > j.D > 5D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 22B (3.6k)

You'll usually get 200-300 more damage than going the d.5B Optic route, provided you're aware of corner spacing when you confirm. I think its good to keep both options in mind

Oh and another route I think that is good to know for corner --

... > air hit 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > 4D > 2D > 5D/d.6A > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 22B

Useful for Chamber Shot RC combos.

If proration allows and you still have your 22C you can do --

air hit 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > 4D > 2D > d.6A > d.6B > 22C > 66C > 5D > d.6A > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 22B

Useful for catching tech roll with 5B...and it does like 4.2k damage.

A higher damaging corner throw combo with a similar route:

5BC > 2C > 5C > sj.C > j.D > 5D > d.6B > 236D > 6C(2) > 6B > 22B (3.6k)

Edited by UmaiCakes

(After hours of practice)

In the interest of simplicity, Relaunch to silencer ender after corner 236d is divided into 2 categories: Females except Makoto then Males.

Corner : [ (6d > d.5c > d.6b) / (d.6b > d.5c > d.6d) / (6b > 5d > 5c > 6d ] > 236d > Female/Male

Female :

5b > 5c > sj > j.c > j.d > LAND > d.4d > AT > 6c(2) > 6b > Silencer

Male :

5b > 5c > sj > j.c > j.d > LAND > d.5d > d.6a > d.5c > 22b(1) > 2b > 6c(2) > 6b > silencer

This is not optimal because some of the cast can be combo'd either way and the Female combo does more damage by 200 or so.

I have tried it with all females (except Tao). They can be combo'd either way except Tsubaki and Makoto.

I have to test it with most of the males. I have only tried it on Ragna and Azrael. Both work on Ragna but only the Male combo works on Azrael

I will test this further

Luna is it really necessary to list the same combo twice, with Fenrir as the only difference? And are you only listing specials with SMP? If you're listing all attacks you missed her Drive starters and for special attacks 22B/C.

Luna is it really necessary to list the same combo twice, with Fenrir as the only difference? And are you only listing specials with SMP? If you're listing all attacks you missed her Drive starters and for special attacks 22B/C.

"work in progress"

As far as the fenrir thing goes, how would you rather present it?

Having Fenrir and the extra hits necessary to combo into it in brackets?

For example 5A/2A > 5B/2B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > [6D > Fenrir] > 22B (2.3k, 17%) [3.3k]

5A/2A > 5B/2B > 6A > sj.C > j.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > [Fenrir] > 22B (2.3k/3.2k, 17%)

Just a suggestion since you mentioned it being unnecessary to list 5 different ways to combo off the same starter, but list the same combo twice.

yeah I was kinda second guessing that myself, but at the same time something like that could be confusing to a new user.

I'll come up with something, maybe I'll just make a general note on the different ways to combo into fenrir in the info section, would something like that work?

Ya, imo letting people understand her combo theory as opposed to just memorizing a list is much more effective. I kind of did that when noting how d.2D after j.D will always side swap, which characters whiff when you do 214A > 5B and j.D > d.5C etc.

yeah ill have to note all of that stuff as well, I do have alternate moves listed out in the list already, like 5B/2B, instead of just 5B.

combo theory in this game is much more simplistic, so I decided to emphasize options as opposed to a definitive route.

Do you think it's not worth mentioning d.2D after j.D? It will almost always guarantee BT corner stick and helps players be more aware of screen positioning.

Also since this list is geared towards basic and "easier" combos, don't you think 5B > 5C is much easier compared to 66C? While 5/2A starters will mess up the combo, I think 5B > 5C off CH SR for example is much easier than 66C. That and off a max distance hit, 66C will not connect.

Oh and add a CH 5C > 5D combo! While the CH 5C > 214A punish is amazing, people should know how to confirm off it in a neutral situation, or where 5C > 214A whiffs.

Edited by Alpha152

huh, my last post didn't make it I guess...

anyways, I feel that 66C is the easier and more consistent method for comboing after spring raid, max range counterhit is a tough link though, so I suppose I could put the other route in there too.

the d.2D route hasn't been listed yet, since I feel that should go in the "near corner" section. I'm getting there man, hold dem horses.

I'll put in the 5C > 5D combo as well, that one slipped my mind, I also forgot to list our alternate 6B combo, since that one works on Jin midscreen, I figure I'll put that one in as well, listed as "Jin only" of course.

Updated the first post, currently all of the midscreen confirms have been listed.

I want to say thanks to Luna, Alpha and Litherain for all the hard they have done compiling combos and strategies with in the forum for Noel. I haven't had much time to contribute as of late and I just want you guys to know I appreciate it! :)

I don't believe I've seen this combo posted yet. Either that or I missed it somehow.

http://youtu.be/Jx1rPqP2GXA

I've gotten anywhere from 4k to 5.7k depending on which moves you use, who your opponent is, whether or not you OverDrive, and if you use Fenrir or just a Drive finisher.

Edited by legacy49i

I got a better one for you, a little more damage, and it ends in 22B oki:

5B > 5C > 236C > Rapid > 665C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 4D > d.2D > d.5C > 22B for 4.5k

5B > 5C > 236C > Rapid > 665C > sj.C > j.D > d.6C > d.2D > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 4D > d.2D > d.5C > Fenrir for 5.4k

It's the 5C - super jump cancel that gets me. I can't seem to get a feel for it. For whatever reason, I find it MUCH easier to do 5B - sj.B - j.C.

In any case, if you omit the 1st 5B, and after Chamber Shot, do both 5B - 5C, then do both repetitions of d.6B - d.5C at the end WITH OverDrive Fenrir, you can get 5.7k.

Also, it seems pretty easy to fix a messed up super jump cancel by simply changing the j.D to Revolver Blast - j.2C. The combo as a whole is VERY flexible. I like it quite a bit.