LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

I found out that noel needs to do a micro dash during her j.C jump in such as j.C > 66 > 5B > 6A > sj.C > j.D ... etc and have been practicing it, but I just can't seem to get used to it. I don't have problem with getting the dash out, but I do a lot of 6B instead of 5B after it. At times i just get a feel for it and it comes out natually for awhile then I lose that feel and keep mashing out 6B later. Other times, even if I get the 5B out, it is too late and I can't link it from j.C.

I know I just need to keep grinding it out, but at times it feels like I'll never get the hang of it. How long did it take you guys to get hang of doing her micro dash from j.C to 5B? I have no problem doing it from 22C since the buffer is so long and I can just mash it out, plus you usually do a 6C afterwards so I can just hold 6 to get the 6C out easily.

Umm.... Not that the combo is bad or anything, but why are you even putting 5B in between j.C and 6A? the 5B is really unnecessary in my opinion. You can just take it out and do j.C>6A>sj.C and you wouldn't be losing much. I'm pretty sure it'll make whatever combo you're doing much easier.

If you still insist on doing that though, like you said, you'll just need to keep practicing it more.

Well I've been micro dashing since CS1 trying to learn haida loop back then and pressure so its burnt into my execution. Practice is key. I mastered micro dashing in less than 2 to 3 days. But that's not to say that's a standard to hold yourself to. People have different learning curves and for some individuals learning a concept make take longer than others. For example I may be good at doing micro dashing and executions than maybe DemonWindBomb but he may be better at spacing and blocking (its a terrible example imo but you get the idea). The key word here is "practice" everyone has to conform to it at some point in any fighter games. You'll get there man you'll see

I hold myself to a high standard of execution, so if I drop a combo or fail a microdash, I force myself to listen to a Miley Cyrus (Syrus?) song.

But like Lith said, you gotta just practice until it becomes second nature. you should never have to think about a microdash, it should just happen.

Umm.... Not that the combo is bad or anything, but why are you even putting 5B in between j.C and 6A? the 5B is really unnecessary in my opinion. You can just take it out and do j.C>6A>sj.C and you wouldn't be losing much. I'm pretty sure it'll make whatever combo you're doing much easier.

If you still insist on doing that though, like you said, you'll just need to keep practicing it more.

Do other feel the same? Would it be better to just go with j.C > 6A instead of j.C > 66 > 5B > 6A?

I disagree, you have better options on block if you use 5B instead, its also a tighter gap.

I agree with Luna on having more options on block after a 5B. For me specifically I personally like to always throw in a micro-dashing 5A in those scenarios that way I have several options afterwards just in case. Sure it may nerf a little damage but I like it because its extra insurance for me. Gotta love dat 5A

I disagree, you have better options on block if you use 5B instead

True, but I thought we were assuming the j.C hit so that doesn't really matter.

its also a tighter gap.

Feels pretty much the same for me.

Also, doing 66A is a lot easier than 665B, so if someone is having that much trouble with microdashing, I would say the extra ~70 damage you get from the 5B isn't really worth it.

That aside, you really should learn to microdash, donkatsu. It really opens doors.

Any amount of additional damage isn't worth it if you can't even execute the combo properly. I'd say stick to what works, unless you just have VERY poor execution. Then you just need to practice.

If the damage difference is very small, which I believe someone said it was, then just do what works more often. Better to have 100% execution with 2% less damage than 75% execution with full damage. That 25% of the time will get you NO damage.

...I'm really not even sure what we're talking about. I just barely read the last few posts, and I'm typing this on a phone and I can't see the whole page....

Quick question. I was looking at combos and some of the inputs had a "d" in front of them, like d.6c. What does the d mean? Thank you :)

They're moves done while in Noels Drive, which is started by pressing the D button.

Once you press D, she goes into an... "manual autocombo" (?) of sort, moves like d.6C are done by doing 6C while in that mode.

Edited by TheYukianesa-01

6C (2) wallbounce allowed him to jump over him in the corner, from there it was a classic case of crossing under a neutral tech. brb stealing.

This is actually kinda old. its been in bb since CS2 for noels case. only thing about it sometimes they don't tech when you do the 2a part to cross under and it still blue beats them before they tech which by then they may air tech away from you. back then 2a was jump cancellable so you could do a pseudo tech trap off that on the 2a if it tagged them but in CP its no longer jump cancelable so...yeah..

That's the risk of the setup. Noel isn't a setplay character, so she actually has to make hard reads if she wants a mixup on wakeup, and usually playing it safe doesn't get you very much.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

the 2C route into 5C does a little more damage than the 5B > 5C route but its not much in most given scenarios. in some cases against certain characters the 2C wont hit twice all the time in some combos outside of a throw combo in the corner. itll only hit one time and will cause you to drop the combo if you're not prepared to cancel it early into 5C before they tech. if youre worried about dropping a combo that involves those choices to follow up then use the 2B option its basically combo drop safe and its universal. 2C just helps with a few extra points of damage roughly under 200 to 300 but its not necessary just preference imo.

Just to add in, the 2B>5C route is also easier to hit if you're a little bit away from the corner, and you have to dash in order to get in range.

Well, normally I try for 5B - 5C, but the 5B won't hit 100% of the roster (Can't remember who it doesn't work on. Litchi, maybe?). If I ever question myself, I just default to 2B - 6C - 6B - stuff. It's not the best damage, but I know it'll work.

While I'm typing, can anybody explain the timing on Silencer? The VAST majority of the time the Silencer comes out late and I either blue beat or whiff entirely and dash cancel into nothing. Specifically, I mean a 3C - Silencer C setup. I can't seem to get a feel for it. Seems Arcsys felt fit to make 3C - Silencer C stupidly strict for no reason. For the last 4 versions I had NO trouble, and now I screw it up ALL the time. I really miss the CS2/CSEX 3C - Silencer BBBBBBBBC - dash cancel combo... D:

BELIEVE me, I miss the fluidity of the older version silencer combos too. I'm not really sure what to say in order to help you out with the timing of the new 3C>22C route, except that you go into training mode and just grind out doing it. It's what I did until I got used to performing the combo.

Well, I guess the bit of advice I could give you is to try and input 22C after you see 3C hit; when she fires the gun and it hits the opponent.

It used to be that when I caught them in crouching hit stun, I knew it was gonna be a good, high damage combo. Now when I'm in the same situation, I just think to myself, "Oh shit, I hope it actually works this time...".

When you have people in block stun with her drive what should you end the string with to keep it safe? I've heard chamber shot and bloom trigger are not safe if they instant block the last hits.