LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

Here's a good way to practice:

Set your opponent to neutral tech, then do the run up 2B, if you crossed under your opponent during his neutral tech, then that means the 2B you just did would have caught his back roll too.

Though just note, some characters are a bitch due to hitboxes, like Relius for example. That motherfucker just wouldn't get hit out of his back roll. Rest assured though, it definitely works on Ragna and Jin, so starting there is a good idea.

Same combo, I drop the d.2D d.5C part at the end sometimes. What could cause that? Is it the 6C 6B 4D timing?

There is no timing, you just dial it in. I've never dropped that section before, how is it dropping?

They just tech out of d.2D. It only happens like once every twenty times, but it's pretty annoying when it does.

That's very strange, I've never had that happrn during this combo. The only time an opponent can tech out of d.2D is when they are too far away

That's very strange, I've never had that happrn during this combo. The only time an opponent can tech out of d.2D is when they are too far away

I don't drop this often, but I've seen what Sachi means. If you delay pretty much anything after the 6C, it can cause this to happen, especially if the combo's been going for awhile. For some reason though, I've seen this happen most often against Bullet.

I wish they would take out that new 22C>dash animation thing. Just let us dash cancel it with our regular dash again pls Q.Q it felt so good and now it's gross :(

I am able to confirm into it pretty easy tho even on netplay (which is all I can play at this point basically >.<). I been playing Noel since JP launch tho so that probably has something to do with it.

Okay, so I saw some people go for corner combos with 22B 2B 6C type OTG pickups that looks like a Haida filler instead of 22C. Does the SMP give better oki? Are they just doing outdated combos? I don't actually play BlazBlue and have zero knowledge of BB mechanics so can someone explain the differences between that sort of combo ender and the ones listed in the combo thread?

Okay, so I saw some people go for corner combos with 22B 2B 6C type OTG pickups that looks like a Haida filler instead of 22C. Does the SMP give better oki? Are they just doing outdated combos? I don't actually play BlazBlue and have zero knowledge of BB mechanics so can someone explain the differences between that sort of combo ender and the ones listed in the combo thread?

So stuff like d.5c>d.6a>d.5c>22b>2b>6c>6B>22? Generally you can get more damage off of that than doing the combos in the combo thread, and the SMP doesn't really affect the combo, and Oki is basically the same regardless. Also if the combo goes into the route like the one I have above, or a low d.5c in general, a 22c wont pick them up, and using 22c in corner combos doesn't always work/it's not as optimal as other routes.

I thought the point of the 22B SMP was to force their tech window open so if they lay still for even a split second after the combo ends you can reset them into a new combo.

The point of 5B is not to end on that normal, but rather the fact that you can cancel into everything from there. If you're looking for airtight safe stuff, ending in 2B or 2C is safe but won't accomplish much seeing how much pushback you generate and how Noel's stagger pressure is kinda bad these days. 

My current dilemna isn't ending the string on 5B, it's the fact that if the 5B gets insta-blocked, they can mash out of 5C/2C.

the 22B SMP was put there to make sure that noel couldnt do  haida loop anymore in CP in order to kill off the loop. Thats the only reason the SMP is there really otherwise it serves no purpose for her overall. Doing 22B again in the corner into SMP shots just allows noel to do more damage in her corner combos as mentioned earlier and allows her to maintain her form of oki since we want to avoid doing a bloom trigger combo ender as it has almost no oki oppertunity for us as we have experienced this for several games already in the past where the ability for your opponent to manipulate their tech on wake up was too much for noel to handle and became more of a guessing game for her than her opponent. 22B combo enders in the corner fixes this issue in CP in several ways. It creats a knockdown state for us to be able to reset them into another combo if they dont tech fast enough. This wasnt really possible back in previous iterations of BB where they will still blue beat on you and noel will pretty much be riding on a blue beat attempted reset / force tech for days until the opponent decided to tech after the combo was already over thus screwing noel over on the wake up game. the second thing 22B enders do is create our oki from drives, safe jumps, etc. It creates enough space for you to catch roll techs and punishes quick get ups and pretty much forces your opponent to neutral tech which is the overall goal while maintaining offence with options to counter their defensive options like a dp for example.

So stuff like d.5c>d.6a>d.5c>22b>2b>6c>6B>22? Generally you can get more damage off of that than doing the combos in the combo thread, and the SMP doesn't really affect the combo, and Oki is basically the same regardless. Also if the combo goes into the route like the one I have above, or a low d.5c in general, a 22c wont pick them up, and using 22c in corner combos doesn't always work/it's not as optimal as other routes.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I have those combos listed in the combo thread.

Wait, I'm pretty sure I have those combos listed in the combo thread.

Oh my bad then, I didn't really take a long look at the combo thread.

Oh, sorry for not being clear, it was something like 5C 3C 22B 2B 6C then drive filler into 236D 6C 6B 22. I asked him why he went that combo route when it did hella less damage and he said the oki from SMP 22B was better than regular 22B ender. So I guess it was BS? :v

There's actually not any difference between SMP 22B and normal 22B. I've tested this multiple times.

My current dilemna isn't ending the string on 5B, it's the fact that if the 5B gets insta-blocked, they can mash out of 5C/2C.

Is that the case? You mean like, mash a reversal? Or is there really a gap wider than 4 frames in there? If it's a "but they can DP my blockstring" thing you might as well never press buttons. Then again, if your opponents are getting so consistent at IB'ing and mashing a specific normal/string you're doing, you get more fodder for doing incredibly ballsy hard reads that net pretty good reward, which is pretty much The Noel Thing.

But really now, do you have specific examples? I've never thought of 5B as any sort of a commitment so this comes as a surprise to me.

Hello there, I'm new to these forums, so if something I say just sounds plain stupid, let me know.

Anyway, I've been playing Blazblue since the beginning and up to Extend, Noel's 5D was beautiful in its invincible frames. But now, Noel doesn't seem to have many attacks that give her a safe opening to start combos. That said, is there a safe way to initiate a combo with Noel? I'm aware that her 4D gives her body and projectile invincibility, but against a friend of mine that uses Haku-men's C attacks a bunch, it hits my  head and feet and I'm stuck dealing with his wrath regardless. 

In some videos online, I've seen some Noels jump and use JC for some reason. Is there a reason I am not seeing? Thank you all in advance.

Try using ANY of her normals instead of a Drive starter.

5A, 2B, 5B, 2B, 5C, 6A are all good.  I generally don't start with a 2C or 3C and 6B or 6C are more situational.

Also, I think you have rose-colored glasses, cuz 5D wasn't THAT good.  4D was always better.

Also, you see a lot of Noels use j.C because it's good.  It's got a good sized hitbox and it's good for pressure and starting combos.

Try using ANY of her normals instead of a Drive starter.

5A, 2B, 5B, 2B, 5C, 6A are all good.  I generally don't start with a 2C or 3C and 6B or 6C are more situational.

Also, I think you have rose-colored glasses, cuz 5D wasn't THAT good.  4D was always better.

5D got me my offensive counter hits. It did its job for me in my opinion. 4D is better, but I cant really poke someone with it. 

I've tried a few of these, namely 5C a bunch since it leads into my current +5k combo, but I need to be a little closer than I'd like to be.

thank you btw. 

5C CH is the best thing you can ever get, but I find that it's difficult to read.  As in, my brain can't register normal vs counter fast enough on most occasions.  I find that A pokes and 5B to be your best safe bet.  Yeah, the range on her 5B is kinda shitty, but it has a lot of flexibility and easy gattlings give your brain time to process your next moves.

You can profit decently on Drive starters, but they require a commitment, and a good read on your opponent. 

I wouldn't say to NEVER use Drive starters, as I use them myself (probably more than I should), but you need to mix things up so your opponent has to keep guessing.

Oh, and you can't poke with 5D either.  And you're welcome! 

5D was way better than 4D in CS1, as far as invuln goes. Full Body invuln after the 5th frame until the 19th. Though 4D in Extend was the best drive starter we ever had ever.

Ever.

Hello there, I'm new to these forums, so if something I say just sounds plain stupid, let me know.

Anyway, I've been playing Blazblue since the beginning and up to Extend, Noel's 5D was beautiful in its invincible frames. But now, Noel doesn't seem to have many attacks that give her a safe opening to start combos. That said, is there a safe way to initiate a combo with Noel? I'm aware that her 4D gives her body and projectile invincibility, but against a friend of mine that uses Haku-men's C attacks a bunch, it hits my  head and feet and I'm stuck dealing with his wrath regardless. 

In some videos online, I've seen some Noels jump and use JC for some reason. Is there a reason I am not seeing? Thank you all in advance.

They use j.C because it's her best air to ground normal and it can be drive cancelled.