LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

2D > d.5A > d.6B > etc will work 99% of the time. The only 1% that you would wanna use 2D > d.6B is if you hit them with 2D way too high, high enough for d.5A to whiff, if d.5A whiffs, then they will tech before the d.6B connects.

The only way to do this AFAIK is to be doing a jump normal while falling and letting the momentum carrying you to the ground as you cancel that into a j.D. Timed right, j.D won't come out but you'll still be in drive state, so if you don't press anything Noel will land and reload, but if you do input a followup to the j.D that didn't come out, you'll instantly get a d.6B, or any other drive-only move of your choice.

So yeah outside of that specific case you need to start drive with a standard D move. Finding out ways to make the opponent respect you enough to start a drive sequence is one of the hurdles of playing BBCP Noel, but no one can deny the mixup game itself once you get going is pretty threatening!

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the Jin matchup thread or not, but what can Noel do against Hizansen at neutral? My partner just started doing it, and I'm at a bit of a loss, haha.

For future reference, you might wanna list notations instead of names, because I have no idea what his moves are called, but I'm going to assume you're talking about his j.214X moves.

Your best bet really is to block it, he doesn't have advantage afterwards, and if he was higher in the air when he did it, I believe you can punish him for it, since he cannot act until he lands.

The move isn't super fast, so if you're close, you can poke him out of it, however if he's spacing it right, there's no way you'll beat it out, so just block it, and then take your advantage.

Oops my bad, I did mean j.214C but I couldn't remember the notation off the top of my head. And that's kind of what I thought, but I thought there might have been some other options.

Thanks for the info!

I mean, sure technically. I've got a whole channel for Noel stuff, thought it's been awhile since I've posted a match video. ChosenNinja can be seen in a lot of Chicago's vids, he also gets out a lot more, though he also likes to pick Mu a lot.

Other than that, sticking to JP Noels would be a good bet.

I've almost exhausted JP Noel footage to the point where I have to dig into the 1.0 archives, but I'll check your channel again. Quick question, are Kurenai Ya and Kouya the same person?

And another question, at what point do I press D while I'm in the air in order to get things like d.6B and Spring Raid accessible when I land?

Just before you land. The goal is to make the j.D startup, but land before it gets a chance to animate, thus putting you in drive state, without actually using the starter.

You're supposed to press it just before you land. If you get 5D then you pressed it too late, if the j.D comes out, you did it too soon. If Noel lands and does her reload animation, then you did it correctly.