LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

Using 100 Heat in a combo to guarantee a win isn't useful? :|

NOT being able to combo into Astral is FAR less useful if you ask me. Everyone is already trained to not get Astralled by Noel. You gotta be really creative nowadays to get people to fall for it. Not only that, but it sucks ass compared to Haku's. To my knowledge, Haku's will activate on ANY move. Noel's will NOT activate on a projectile. I've had my Astral beaten by Platinum's bubble. A stupid bubble took me from a win to a loss... D:

Using 100 Heat in a combo to guarantee a win isn't useful? :|

NOT being able to combo into Astral is FAR less useful if you ask me. Everyone is already trained to not get Astralled by Noel. You gotta be really creative nowadays to get people to fall for it. Not only that, but it sucks ass compared to Haku's. To my knowledge, Haku's will activate on ANY move. Noel's will NOT activate on a projectile. I've had my Astral beaten by Platinum's bubble. A stupid bubble took me from a win to a loss... D:

I don't think Haku's activates on projectile either.

Edit: Bubbles too OP lol

Edited by blackhybrid

I've managed to use her new astral as an offensive tool. Everyone is so eager to get out of a Noel stagger string, I've done blocked 2A > 2C > 2A > 2C > 2A > 2C > Astral

after enough reps of that string, my opponent's figured that poking/reversaling out was a good idea, then they got hit with my astral.

I've intentionally whiffed a j.D and when I landed in front of them went straight into astral. Sometimes a blocked Assault Through -Astral works, but a lot of people are privy to that now.

Are you sure? I feel like I've seen his astral trigger off a Spark Bolt. I'll have to check when I get home...

haku astral counters attacks and grabs and loses to projectiles

haku 236236D counters attacks and projectiles and loses to grabs.

" Her 4D has been nerfed so it will not invul through overheads now "

Actually it is immune to all standing overheads, just not attacks that have the head attribute. Which are basically jump attacks, and attacks like Jin's 6B. For some reason it's immune to Mu's OH as well bcuz for some reason even though she does do a flip off the ground it doesn't have the head attrib.

Also bbcp 1.1 patch notes : http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BlazBlue:_Chrono_Phantasma_1.10_patch_notes He put that fenrir puts opponent in a standing state o.O

we'll see. but yeah, 4D beats most ground overheads, except for the ones that put your opponrnt in the air, as Ayane said.

Hey, guys. I am having a bit of trouble with this combo:

Any Crouching confirm into 3C (Except j.A, 5A or 2A starters) Stuff > 5C > 3C > 22C~66 > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > (d.5C) > d.6A > d.5C > (d.5A) > 22B

After the dash cancel, I can't seem to get the 5B to connect, no matter what I try. I've tried it on a couple of different characters, different timings too, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any tips or tricks? It's kinda driving me nuts, haha.

You just have to dash cancel as early as you can so that you can catch them with 5B. One trick is to input the dash cancel right as the explosion goes off for the 22c. I personally just try to input everything as fast as I can.

Also, make sure she is fully finished with the dash cancel before you press 5B. It usually seems like the 5B is coming too late and it won't hit, but it will. If you try to mash 5B or press it too early it won't work.

Can anyone give me really good block strings I could use? I battled with a Mu12 who DP me easily during my 6B > 5D string. Is there any options I can take after 6B or do I have to commit to 5D after?

That's the trouble I am having in this game, is what I can use and what tools are good to use.

Also, I see Noel players use J.C coming down from the air and not going up? So what Jump move is suitable for me to catch people in the air because pretty much loads of things beat Noel in the air O_O. Is J.B better?

Sorry for asking these questions, Lack of BB knowledge :P  

6B > 4D is good to bait pretty much all DPs, except for command grabs, in which case you're pretty stuck, you can 6B > 2D, but that might not prove too usefull in that sitation.

As far as air to air moves, j.A is really good, it's fast, and can confirm into: j.A > j.B > dj.C > dj.D > d.6B > d.5C > d.6B > 22C~66 > 6C > 6B > 22B

And no need to apologise for asking questions, it's what we're here for. :3

What about 6B - 6D?  6D can beat a lot of DPs.  Also, consider just dropping pressure after the failed 6B and getting out to be safe.  Not sure if it links (never tried) but 6B - Chamber Shot could be a viable option.  If you have the Heat, you could always RC and press even harder.  Could also do 6B - 3C and RC if they block the 3C and keep pushing.

There's a lot of options, but without any Heat, really your best option is what Luna said and go with 4D.  Of course, don't do it EVERYTIME unless you want your opponent to read you like a book.

And jumping moves, j.B isn't really that good.  I pretty much only using for aerial combos, and VERY rarely with some jumping pressure (since you can do your second jump off of it).  Something like:  5B - 5C - jump cancel on hit - falling j.B - 2nd jump - falling j.C - stuff.  Or swap the j.C for a j.4D, or another j.B, or just land in front of them and throw/low/overhead.  Of course, if they're crouching and the first j.B hits them, then you would just land and finish the combo.  j.B is Noel's jumping overhead, so it's not like it's totally useless, but j.C is a better move overall. 

Also, if you're trying to catch jumpers, don't forget about air throws.  Noel has some good combos off of air throws that are pretty easy.

Hmm, I'm still a noob when it comes to terminology and whatnot but what exactly happens with this particular change in the new patch 

• C Silencer (22C): Hitstop increased 0F -> 6F.

Sorry if someone explained this before but I'm a little confused by some of the changes.  :psyduck:

despite how one-sided that match was, we still saw some things that made me feel better.

hitstop change for 22C is noticeable, and will make following it up easier.

P1 for j.C must not be too different since the standard j.C ABC 236C did 1.5, which it normally does anyway.

d.6C does not negatively affect our bnbs, like I feared it might.

I wonder if the change to d.6C affects our ability to do meterless d.6C > MF combos. The Noel in the video had a chance to do it in the corner but he opted for a different combo instead.

Yeah but look at how badly he was playing. I'm not gonna consider him the epitome of optimization just yet.

I wonder how useful the re-stand on Fenrir will be.  Getting full damage every time will be nice, though I wonder if RC after the first hit will yield anything.

Honestly, it probably won't be that useful for RC stuff since MF dmg got nerfed. I guess for 100 meter you could maybe to slightly more dmg for RC>MF? Probably not worth it tho. Yea that Noel was pretty bad tbh. I know Kouya played on stream since 1.1 but it required nico premium to watch :(

You're assuming RC - Muzzle Flitter. You could extend the combo with RC - 3C, or RC - Overdrive - Stuff. I don't know how Fenrir prorates, so you might just get garbage damage on anything after, but you never know. Would be cool if there was something fruitful there.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

honestly, I think it would be great for certain air confirms.