LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Q&A Thread

Air hit j.A > j.B > dj.C > dj.D > Fenrir(1) > Rapid > 214A > 2B > 6C > 6B > 6D > 236D would probably work, and do a lot more damage than a j.A starter normally would. So you could do a combo like this to kill... maybe.

I wonder if the change to d.6C affects our ability to do meterless d.6C > MF combos. The Noel in the video had a chance to do it in the corner but he opted for a different combo instead.

It doesn't. Saw a Noel named "No brand Noel" bait a burst with 4D then d.6C>MF the opponent like normal. He also did 6.2k off 5C CH meterless ^.^  .  Also Tetsu Yarou quit playing Noel and plays Koko now :(

It doesn't. Saw a Noel named "No brand Noel" bait a burst with 4D then d.6C>MF the opponent like normal. He also did 6.2k off 5C CH meterless ^.^  .  Also Tetsu Yarou quit playing Noel and plays Koko now :(

Damn. Was that midscreen or  in the corner?

Meterless 6.2k is crazy. Considering into oki we only get about 5.4-5.6 right now.

Really curious about the route.

Air hit j.A > j.B > dj.C > dj.D > Fenrir(1) > Rapid > 214A > 2B > 6C > 6B > 6D > 236D would probably work, and do a lot more damage than a j.A starter normally would. So you could do a combo like this to kill... maybe.

Sounds good.  The damage difference would probably be small, so you're right that it would pretty much be for a kill.

Actually looking at it, I don't even think Fenrir(1) > RC > 214A would even work. Doesn't it look like Fenrir sends them a little too far away?

Also shit, this thread is turning into a General Gameplay Discussion/Speculation thread, I guess we should cut this conversation short here, if anyone has anything to add to the CP1.1 discussion, send it into the Gameplay Discussion thread.

just press D, there's never a perfectly safe time to go into it. just try not to be predictible.

if you want mix up:

D - d.5A - d.6B/d.6D/214A

if you want push back:

d - d.5A - d.5B - d.6A - d.5B - 236D is alright

So... After playing a couple of matches I realized that I'm no longer in the 3D gaming world.... I got demolished last night. So my questions are... How do you open up your opponent? Is there a way for Noel to lock the opponent down? What moves should I be using? Thanks in advance for your help.. And luna..your Noel is my inspiration lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need some help too...  This is my first bb game and I just got online for the first time last night and I had no idea what to do.  The only combos I could land consistently is the 5B > 5C > 236C.  I just realized it's really hard to land most of the combos that I've practiced such as (j.C) > 5.B > 6A > sJ.C > etc in real match situations.  I'm starting to watch the videos to try and figure out the block strings and ways to open people up.  I see that some block strings like 2.A > 5.B > J.B > J.C > J.D > d.6B > d.5A > d.6A > etc for block string and mix up into drive moves.  Is there any guide for noobs that I can look into?  Types of confirms to practice what blockstring or combos to use in certain situation etc?

You know, I feel like teaching a newbie Blazblue (or any fighting game, really) is like teaching someone how to drive a stick. You can explain until you're blue in the face, but until they actually get a feel for it first hand, they'll never truly understand. My advice to you would be to spend the next month or two losing matches online until your brain can truly grasp the game's mechanics, then come back and and ask for more advanced strategies. I took me about 6 months starting from zero fighting game experience before I felt like I truly understood the ins and outs of the game. You're not gonna get everything right away, so if you want to get good, put your time in and take it one step at a time. Remember, if you're starting at Chrono Phantasma, everyone else has a 5 year lead on you.

Things you really want to focus on would be basics, like blocking and spacing. I'd worry less about long combos until you're confident moving around the field and not getting your ass kicked.

@donkatsu - 5B - 5C - Chamber Shot is something.  It may be basic, but it's still an important combo, and you gotta start somewhere.

And if any of you want some live help, you can add me on PSN - legacy49i and I might be able to help you sort some stuff out.  Though, keep in mind I work 2nd shift, so I play at about 1 AM Central Time weekdays, and sometimes during the day on weekends.

Oh, and one other thing for you guys:  Netplay has a tiny bit of delay.  Anything you do in practice mode won't feel the same online.  You'll have to adjust for that during live matches.  If you play exclusively online (like I do), make sure you play a lot of online matches as a form of practice until you get a feel for the different timing.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I was messing around in training mode and found that 236D and 623D can be done out of chain revolver if you input it just before landing. Has this always been a thing?

Yes the tactic has been around since CT actually. you can also do 214D as well if you wish. the typical manner in which we use this (We normally call it drive cancellation or drive landing cancellation) is in some blockstrings or a jump in. For example you can use this to do j.C > d.6B immediately for a 16 frame overhead as opposed to the normal and slow 26 frame overhead noel has outside of drives. Just remember that this does count towards your drive follow up count and leaves you with only 3 left before you have to end with a drive ender. so to execute it do j.C then as noel is about to land to the ground entirely from the j.C quickly input 5D > d.6B. if done right you should see her do a d.6B after the j.C. Takes some practice you may experience a few times where you may get a j.D after the j.C or a d.6D after the j.C but after a while youll get it down.

its not a bad thing, the hardest part is not getting anti-aired as noel lol

what's the best way for Noel to approach characters with a strong zoning game like Nu, Mu, Rachel, etc. 

Dash Barrier and just block. For example, there isn't a whole ton you can do against Dia Nu (the one without the holo above her head) as Nu has short cooldown Gravity Field, which essentially stops all your approach options. The only thing that can really be done is Dash Barrier or Jump Barrier. You can try and punish some whiffed drives, especially 5D with an IAD j.C, or even 2D, but don't try it as an approach tool. Also her spikes cover a crazy amount of space, combined with Nu's 2D and 6D, so again just try to block, and punish those whiffed drives. 

Overall try to play it really safe, and don't recklessly charge in. If you do, use Dash Barrier to instantly block a projectile coming your way. As well, throw out some Optic Barrels from time to time, especially if you can tag them in the air. as then you can get a knock down and start your approach from there. Mu, Rachel, and Luna Nu will try eventually go towards you so it's not like they will be zoning the entire game. 2D can be used situationally as well, but I wouldn't really try to use it if I were against any zoners.

I've been struggling online to actually get in on opponents and do damage or punishing blocked moves and I was wondering what are some simple moves and strings I can do with Noel that would keep me from getting completely obliterated?

Seconded everything Lith said, also, I'm gonna go ahead and move these last few Rachel posts to the Rachel matchup discussion, since that's what it was :P

Damn. Was that midscreen or  in the corner?

The 6.2 CH was mid screen. The burst bait was with Noel in the corner though. I don't think that affects it though.

So I got the NOL Uniform DLC and I quickly realized that not all of Noel's old CR to Astral links works.  Used to be that Astral after d.6B on a floating opponent was a sure thing.  Now, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I'm sure I'll figure out what it is that makes it work or not work, but does anyone know of any NEW Astral combos?