Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Arakune Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Arakune matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

Any tips on this MU? Not sure how to deal with Ara jumping around all the time, seems like the little spikes jump in he has beats 6A, and its hard to contest him in air to air. Not sure what to do against his curse pressure in general though.

Any tips on this MU? Not sure how to deal with Ara jumping around all the time, seems like the little spikes jump in he has beats 6A, and its hard to contest him in air to air. Not sure what to do against his curse pressure in general though.

Oh man beating Arakune in the air...

You CAN beat his j.B(his spikey move) with 6A, but it must be at the very tip of 6A against the very tip of his j.B. It's very difficult, but it's still one of the better options, since during his keepaway process he will be that high in the air, so situating yourself in the sweet spot will set up a bit of a "6A his j.B or block his j.D" kind of game, guess right and you get to hit him, guess wrong and you get hurt or cursed.

j.A is also really good, but be careful because Arakune wins in an air-to-air situation in most cases.

In curse pressure... block. Unless you're fighting a very BAD Arakune player, you wont be able to do anything but block while in curse pressure. Though I guess I should point out that since his bugs are projectiles, you can 4D through them, so if you get enough of a gap that you can 4D, then you will only have to worry about going through his move instead of his bugs too. Keep in mind though, that's not gonna happen against a good Arakune player who has curse.

In my opinion, this matchup is 6.9-3.14 in Valk's favor... because every one of Noel's matchups are in Valk's favor.

Valk? What are you talking about? :|

It was a joke man, pay it no mind. The stuff I said before it was the important stuff.

Okay sweet thx! I have fought a suprising amount of ara's online and they all seem to be pretty good. So far it hasnt been too hard to block against him either, was mostly just losing at neutral.

Neutral against Arakune is definitely difficult, but it's not impossible, just keep grinding the matchup and feel free to ask questions whenever you have any :3

Make sure to punish him anytime you can when he sets clouds, don't let him do stuff for free. Also OB does a good job at stuffing him at full screen. Using RB as an air to air is ok also, it keeps him from getting in easily with j.6A etc. His defensive options are also weak so drive pressure can be strong.

I OB'd him a few times but usually he was too high, i'll def have to try RB if they start doing j.6A too much! I was pretty much just air to airing with airthrow lolz

I find Arakune to be MUCH easier in CP. His Curse gauge runs out a lot faster and I haven't seen 8k+ Curse combos. In CS2 and CSEX it got to the point where I just wouldn't play Arakune players because once you were Cursed, the match became so lopsided that you might as well just set the controller on the floor and wait for the match to end.

I found him to be much easier in Extend. I 4D'd every attempt at j.B, and for a 4-5k combo each time. sure getting touched meant I died, but it was so much harder to touch me when he was terrified to throw out j.B.

So I changed my mind.  Arakune is still an asshole.

So his meter takes a few hits to fill, but what's the point if it always fills in a single combo/blockstring?  His whole Curse is broken as fuck.  The problem is that if you're in the corner, you can't do anything about it, and if you're across the screen, you'll never close the gap without at LEAST catching the cloud.  They should've made it so that Barrier prevents Curse, so you could at least trade Barrier for Curse.  I'd rather dump my whole Barrier in a block string and have a chance to get out rather than just take it up the ass!  And/Or the Curse gauge should start to fall a few seconds after a Curse hit, so that Arakune has to more actively pursue full Curse, rather than just pecking safety for a while until he has the "invincibility" of the bugs to let him in.

Sounds like butthurt to me.

No, it's just a matter of Arakune being broken.  Though not as bad as say, Kokonoe.

If a character has something that just flat out can't be dodged or beat then there's something wrong.  If Arakune puts you in the corner, you don't have any options, other than burning Heat or Bursting VERY early, and if you don't have any, tough shit! 

Like I said, if he wasn't getting full curse on a single blockstring or combo, then it would be different.

It's very strange to me that Arakune basically can't do anything except try to build his Curse meter, but once he does, he is unstoppable.  There's too big of a gap in his abilities, and the gap is too easy to cross.

Sounds like someone who didn't play this matchup in CT. Arakune is still hella annoying but he's not nearly as scary as some other characters.

It's dumb legacy but you will figure out a way around it eventually. Arakune is an awful design imo, but basically its like heres this character that is just awful at neutral right; but if he somehow beats you at neutral than he wins the game. Yea his neutral isn't played like anybody else, but once you figure it out you will be the one making him complain!