Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Bang Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Bang matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

Yo! I haven't really had a huge problem with Bang so I figured I'd share what I'm doing here.

In neutral I feel we are pretty even. You do have to take note of his extra jump/air dash though as it's good for baiting AAs and such. Air to air bang has slightly more range. His jump in (j.2C) can easily be beatin with 6A. Bang doesn't really have an AA. But since Noel's j.C are projectiles his 2D can be used as one. Every Bang I've fought so far is almost always air born. On the ground Noel has more range than Bang but you do need to be aware of his yolo 3C's and drives. Both of those are unsafe on block but there are some interesting things you might have to do to his drives. Also note that his 3C low profiles so it can beat 5B/C attempts and it is his fatal counter.

Bang's drives are essentially just a gaurd point move. He can choose between 5D,2D, and 6D on the ground. All of his drives lose to throw. All of his drives also beat projectiles. His 5D/2D lose to lows and his 6D beats lows but loses to OH's. When Bang guard points an attack he can choose to teleport behind you or not. Sometimes Bang players will use one of his drives to GP your longer ranged attacks such as 5B/C then teleport behind you. The best thing to do in this situation is just cancel into throw; which will counter throw him after he teleports no matter which drive he chose.

When pressuring Bang he will often counter drive pressure with his drives. I think if you really pay attention to what kind of drive Bang does you can still beat his drives everytime and heres how. Bang will basically choose from either 5D or 6D since they both gain their GP properties very early on (frame 3 and frame 1). If he GPs a drive with 5D then you can react with 4D to beat his follow up. If he GPs with 6D then you can d.2D to beat the low follow up.

Bang's pressure isn't all that scary you can 4D his 5C OH and it's actually probably best if you get into that habit asap because Bang's 5C can actually gatling into his 6B; which is another overhead that 4D won't beat, or into his 2C which is a low. His stagger pressure is a lot like Noel's. He is only plus on his 6A low and it's only +1. Mashing out of stagger pressure shouldn't be a huge problem as Noel since most of our normals are faster than his.

And that's pretty much it so far, one side note is that Bang will often use the 3 Nail shuriken things to come in and start pressure on his opponent. Noel can 4D these and sometimes it will hit Bang's follow up attempt as well but it's not something I would rely on too much.