Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Hakumen Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Hakumen matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

Hmm, ok so I just fought my friends Hakumen, and basically I got blown up repeatedly I'm not sure how to approach Hakumen, any suggestions? And is it possible to counter Hakumen's 6B with something? Wow I am needy lol.

This match seems extremely one sided, Hakumen can simply 5a any aerial approach making it hard to pressure and giving him some damage, his damage output is also quite insane. 4D works on his 6B of course, and throwing in a random 214a for some decent damage can counter him trying to counter high. Play aggressive, roll the dice, and use our OKI wisely and efficiently is the best way to play against Hakumen.

I feel this match up is in Hakumen's favor.

Haku's 6D is nearly useless now that its startup got nerfed, and 5D doesn't need as much Yomi since you can hold it for more active time.

Yea this is easily in Haku's favor. Noels meh pressure is a lot worse against him. His neutral is tons better. His damage is better. He's just better lol.

Yea just something we have to deal with. I'm sure he has problems with other MU's that Noel has less problems with though. I just feel like this one specifically is slightly in his favor.

I used to feel that way, then I fought better Noels. It may feel a little lopsided in Hakumen's favor, but Noel can capitalize on the damage faster than he can. 

Basically Noel has to be aggressive, but not reckless and know when counters are coming. Hakumen's pressure isn't much better honestly, but if you get by Zantetsu or Tsubaki, good game :V

Noel has always had a strong game VS Hakumen. She's mobile and small; those characters always give Hakumen trouble. You have to watch out for getting blown up by huge damage but that was always true in every Haku matchup for all games.

Haku's neutral is easily better than Noel's. Their pressure is pretty even though sure. But Haku can't get blown up incredibly hard unless the Noel reacts or guesses to his 6B right. Where as Haku just has to guess that the move is not going to be an overhead and get his 4k from 2D or w/e. 

You guys ever wondered what would happen if you try to Valkyrie Veil his Yukikaze?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6E_Ot06aaM&list=UUljbe0vFgsg3hrnqbAMm3Cw

yo, fuck this character.