Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Kokonoe Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Kokonoe matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

So does anybody have any strategies for dealing with Kokonoe? As of right now it seems like this character can do everything with frightening efficiency. I'm not sure when we can escape her blockstrings and I'm not sure how to get passed her 22B. Any advice in this matchup would be greatly appreciated.

Do your best to not get touched basically. Treat it like EX Arakune except instead of working for curse the moment she touches you, you're dead. If she has 50 meter in the corner then you should probably burst, or take the loss for that round because of Black Hole. One of the common follow ups I've seen to her 6B is 22A but I know there are other routes she can do, but if you block 6B 4D will beat that particular route. At neutral Noel actually has an easier time than most of the cast because of OB. It stops her from setting up full screen meteor/magnetism stuff. I still need to see if there is any OS for dealing with her teleport/backdash as well.

At neutral Noel actually has an easier time than most of the cast because of OB. It stops her from setting up full screen meteor/magnetism stuff.

Also like to add that OB on hit or block makes her fireball disappear after releasing it. Not the DD fireball unfortunately.

Do your best to not get touched basically. Treat it like EX Arakune except instead of working for curse the moment she touches you, you're dead.

I just spent the last hour and a half getting my ass reamed by Kokonoe, and what you say is true. Once you get hit, she'll use that gravity thingy to push you into the corner, then your ass is fucked! It literally puts you in an impossible situation. There's no way you're gonna dodge a fireball, and an electrical pillar, AND mix-up. If you have no Heat for a Counter Assault or a Burst, your ass is toast. And even if you DO have the Heat, Noel's Counter Assault sucks and it's just a crap shoot if it'll actually get Kokonoe off you. And it's IMPOSSIBLE to not get hit by that black hole move. You can't neutral tech and jump, you can't roll backwards (obviously, cuz you're in the corner), you can't roll forward because you won't pass through Kokonoe's body, you can't just lay there because the black hole will last longer than you can lay, and you can't wake-up super. You see the super flash, then you just get caught anyway, and now you're out 50 Heat.

I spent all those losses trying to learn from my mistakes and trying to figure out holes and ways to break out. The only thing I learned is that there are no holes or ways to break out. You have just as much a chance as a chicken at the Tyson factory.

Any why does she even have meters for her moves when they're never empty?!?!?!

The only way you're ever gonna win is with a Perfect, because 1 mistake and you might as well just put your controller down. How did this even make it to the final game? I can't even begin to explain how broken she is! I used to think Arakune was bad, but at least he had to build a meter before he broke!