Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vs. Platinum Matchup Discussion

Discussion About the Platinum matchup goes here. First post may be edited as important information arises.

IDK why but so far this character has made me more angry than any of the others i've fought. The jack in the box thing just stays there even when plat gets hit so its koko superball status, and it makes it so i essentially have to run in and get pressured by plat since the only way to get rid of it is block. Her instant-ish overheads are pretty stupid but could probably easily b mashed out of offline. Fortunately her dp has like 20 days of recovery so run up throw punish was easy to get; just not real sure what to do to her yet.

IDK why but so far this character has made me more angry than any of the others i've fought. The jack in the box thing just stays there even when plat gets hit so its koko superball status, and it makes it so i essentially have to run in and get pressured by plat since the only way to get rid of it is block. Her instant-ish overheads are pretty stupid but could probably easily b mashed out of offline. Fortunately her dp has like 20 days of recovery so run up throw punish was easy to get; just not real sure what to do to her yet.

The jack-in-the-box is free as hell. It *does* disappear when she gets hit unless it's treasure chests. Some characters can literally run past it with no problems. It has no really vertical height and only acts as a way to say "This space is off-limits". I hate this item personally, but it has it's uses. Platinum isn't great in Noel's pressure in the least. Noel has so much shit that just negates Platinum's counter in general that I don't even bother using it during most D strings. d.6D? the low can low-profile Platinum's bat.

Overall this feels like a momentum based MU since both chars have shit defense options but can RTSD just fine. I need more xp for this MU so I can figure out the finer details, but here's a set for you to watch. I don't like this platinum player, but it's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPb-22s1tk

You can block the boxes, can't you? I could have sworn you could. (Yep, you can.)

Also, the video there just gave me a new trick in which you use Assault Through to glide over the box, triggering it but not getting hit. Unfortunately the noel got hit by the second. 

The cat staff is my bane, but I can avoid it with 4D, assuming Plat is not in the air at the time.  Most of the time I have to bait it and block until she runs out of cats on sticks. 

One more thing, how can noel counter the heart car? Could she use 6C if she starts it early enough? 

Heartcar is -24. If you have balls, you can air grab her out of it, AA her out of it. I don't know 6C will work, I'd suggest you go into training mode and see yourself.

The key to countering heartcar is to just block it. Dash barrier is a great tool against plats who like to random heartcar running opponents. I do it against Terumi all the time since they like to friggin hold forward from fullscreen. Block it an punish it for every drop of damage you can squeeze.

Cat hammer is just one of those things you have to deal with. I don't know if I recommend 4D'ing it since she can just as easily run up and grab. The only time I do 5D cat hammer is when I'm baiting things at max range personally since it's not an overhead.

One more thing, how can noel counter the heart car? Could she use 6C if she starts it early enough? 

You can use 4D to beat it.

Plat isn't too hard to deal with because her entire game plan is telegraphed by her items. You just have to keep track of what items she has, learn what options she has has with each one, and prepare a countermeasure for each option.

You can use 4D to beat it.

Plat isn't too hard to deal with because her entire game plan is telegraphed by her items. You just have to keep track of what items she has, learn what options she has has with each one, and prepare a countermeasure for each option.

Only a bad platinum telegraphs her entire gameplan with what item she has. I don't know what level plat players you're facing.

But, yeah. I don't feel like Plat is insanely hard to deal with for Noel. She takes risks just defending herself and your RTSD power is stronger then hers is for the most part.

Learning how to deal with items is optimal and makes your life a million times easier. Any questions about particular items, just read this, or ask me directly.

Yea I was talking about treasure chests. I have yet for anything to beat plats bat (I'm sure 4D would) but her other DP is better anyways. IDK if that ones an item but she leaves behind a plushie thing and teleports. Anyway I can deal with the treasure chests okay. I still hate them with a passion tho, like why are they still there I hit u? I've always hated when they leave projectiles like that in any game tho.

Yea I was talking about treasure chests. I have yet for anything to beat plats bat (I'm sure 4D would) but her other DP is better anyways. IDK if that ones an item but she leaves behind a plushie thing and teleports. Anyway I can deal with the treasure chests okay. I still hate them with a passion tho, like why are they still there I hit u? I've always hated when they leave projectiles like that in any game tho.

No, it isn't better. It's a million times worse. It's particularly shit in the Noel MU. What you're talking about is Happy Magicka Counter and its use is pretty limited.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrQ6xewL240

The move is far from useless, it's a defensive option and that's fine, but it's a pretty bad one.

Bat is her best option for defense period.

4D will beat the bat but against the counter you have to hit her then try to 4D on reaction or just do nothing which is fine but then its a risk for you to get punished for reloading. Basically the counter gets me a lot more than the bat but yea idk why I said the  other one is better I can see how it would be worse in pretty much every way but that lol. What I meant to say was at least that one you don't need an item to use and it's still just as viable for getting out of drive pressure.

Ive gotten fucked during some drive pressure for using Magicka since Noel has silly ways to get around it. I mean that literally.

It's something, though. I know what this MU is like in number until I run a looonnggg set with multiple Noel players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I'm assuming it's pretty even. Platinum just annoys the shit outta me cuz I hate her character and her gameplay design. But everyone has something stupid about them; it's more of an annoyance than an actual problem.

I love this character and hate Noel.

We should play sometime and torture each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk