LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

Another sad change was made to noel in CP that I just noticed today. you can no longer special cancel the first drive attack (drive starters) on whiff like you could in EX. this was rather useful in neutral at times and was gonna be better in CP only that now its no longer possible except on block. just take note of that change and keep it moving..

Another sad change was made to noel in CP that I just noticed today. you can no longer special cancel the first drive attack (drive starters) on whiff like you could in EX. this was rather useful in neutral at times and was gonna be better in CP only that now its no longer possible except on block. just take note of that change and keep it moving..

Pretty sure you can still cancel drive into an ender via ground cancel, but that's like saying a cake has half it's frosting.

Hey there everyone. I'm new to BB and have been playing Rachel so far. I was thinking I'd maybe learn some Noel, but I'm not sure where to start. Now, I looked in the combo thread and saw the list of BnB-ish stuff, but nothing really guiding. Does anyone have a personal list of things they use that are go-to? I'd appreciate any help with that or any other general Noel tips!

Also what is the most prominent player I should watch for tech/combos?

for starters, for someone brand new, start with 5A/2A > 5B/2B > 5C/2C > 236C

I posted a list in the thread. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17612-CP-Noel-Vermillion-Combo-Thread-(Work-In-Progress)/page3&p=1560319&viewfull=1#post1560319

There's a lot of stuff that comes to mind for tips, if you can be more precise I'd be glad to give advice.

My favorite player is Shino, his abare is very good and almost always leads into the optimal combos. Kouya is also another good player to watch.

for starters, for someone brand new, start with 5A/2A > 5B/2B > 5C/2C > 236C

Actually I'm looking to learn optimal/close to optimal stuff >< I've played fighting games extensively, just not BB, so I'm fine with hard/long stuff (especially after playing Rachel for a weekI can't imagine it being too bad with Noel).

I posted a list in the thread. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?17612-CP-Noel-Vermillion-Combo-Thread-(Work-In-Progress)/page3&p=1560319&viewfull=1#post1560319

There's a lot of stuff that comes to mind for tips, if you can be more precise I'd be glad to give advice.

My favorite player is Shino, his abare is very good and almost always leads into the optimal combos. Kouya is also another good player to watch.

Cool yeah I actually found this earlier and copied it all down :D but thank you for responding and posting those in the first place (I was so happy to find them)!

Is this all I will need for her?

I'm still revising that list, making the combos more universal because at the moment those combos are kind of unstable. I'll update it once I finish testing everything, or if Luna or Lith finds a new combo route.

Tested 4D against litchi's 6A overhead and against 2D > D launch staff (low version) along with dp. 4D confirmed to now beat all 3. note worthy to know since in the pass you was stuck blocking without being able to use drives to punish nearly all her mix-ups. 6D doesn't work on the 2D staff launch or her dp. Also on litchi's 6D you can 6D or 4D that as well. pretty funny

Edited by Litherain-XIII

Either do 2C(1), or try and j.D on the first hit of j.C.

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents, to say that while I've gotten it to work one or twice with both hits of 2C, I'm not sure it's as practical as just going from 2C(1) > 5C since it's more unnecessarily tight and tricky for not really anymore benefit. And at least for me, with the j.C>j.D bit, if you can go to j.D after the first hit of j.C, it actually becomes surprisingly easy after a couple of tries.

Either do 2C(1), or try and j.D on the first hit of j.C.

The second is usually the ticket with a lot of j.C j.D combos with particular starters. Going into j.D off of the first hit of j.C is almost always best.

Azrael's dashes were made known to me today, and low and behold ak ind soul made a vid for it! Ty.!

The most you can get is around 3k~ and the combos are posted in the other thread.

6D starter makes it so that you cannot 6D after 6B, same attack combo, auto-breaks.

d.6D > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 6C > 6B > 6D > d.5C > 236D

(3.3k/24)

Mid Screen

d.6D starter works, but 6D does not allow the full combo.

Haha woops, I used a different combo but forgot to mention it. You can do 6D > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 6C > 5D > d.6A > d.5C > 236D midscreen

Edited by Alpha152

Haha woops, I used a different combo but forgot to mention it. You can do 6D > d.5C > d.5B > 236A > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.2D > d.6B > 22C > 6C > 5D > d.6A > d.6B > 236D midscreen

Danke.

CP is the first installment where I'm actually enjoy using training mode, so much fun tech in this game I love it.

Edited by Dorian