LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

Bang's new Distortion requires 4 seals, AND only works if you're in the air.

Bang's new Distortion requires 4 seals, AND only works if you're in the air.

Gonna have to stop ya there, good sir. It DOES work on the ground. Its just that the air version is just 3 frames after the superflash. Ground version is punishable as fuck due to being 10 frames, so you might be thinking it only works in the air because of it. Sorry for the invasion.

You know, the whole CH 5C -> Muzzle Flitter thing, I was reading some people bitching about how it's too good on another site. I barely have enough mental capacity to understand that it was a CH to make the link. Plus, I've been conditioned to go CH 5C -> 3C for some time now, and old habits die hard. On top of that, I rarely come out with a raw 5C. 5C doesn't have much more range than 5B and 5B is much faster.

Also, I wish they'd alter Noel's 2D so ALL of the cast would bounce correctly on air hits. And bring back her old Counter Assault.

You know what else sucks? They should give her an extra Distortion. Seems everyone gets them but the characters I use (Noel, Ragna, Tager). It should be 360D, then you teleport behind the opponent will full invincibility, command throw for 7k. By the way, I fucking HATE Bang's gay ass new Distortions that teleport and throw. How in the fuck are you supposed to not get hit???

Ground version can be mashed out of by your As and Bs or throws, because its slow as all hell.

Air version is 3 frames. The only ways to beat it are as follows:

A. OD

B. DP or invincible move

C. Any move with a hitbox on your person, and it has to be active DURING the superflash.

Any of those options will beat the super clean. But best way to avoid it is to just stay grounded, wait until the superflash, and react with fast moves accordingly.

Again, sorry for invading here, but I figured I should clear up a few misconceptions about Bang's TEN THOUSAND HURRICANE EXPLOSION command grab super. Thank you and have a great day

So basically you're telling me that Noel has absolutely NO way to not get hit in the air, unless by some stupid coincidence she's mid-Revolver Blast?

Although that info about it requiring 4 seals is super helpful. At least now I know when it can be expected. I used to just be super paranoid anytime Bang had 50 Heat.

And can anybody tell me why Bang gets new distortions with each game revision? Do the developers have major wood for Bang? Also, they seem to love Hazama, too. And speaking of Hazama, HIS new super is weird as shit. The move starts BEFORE the super flash, so I never know it's happening until after it's happened. :|

While I'm talking about all this, the balance of CP seems to be all over the place. Am I the only one who thinks this version needs a LOT of work??? I think that Arcsys is changing things for the sake of changing them, and not because it's improving balance or gameplay.

Edited by legacy49i

Gonna have to stop ya there, good sir. It DOES work on the ground. Its just that the air version is just 3 frames after the superflash. Ground version is punishable as fuck due to being 10 frames, so you might be thinking it only works in the air because of it.

Ah, my mistake.

I think that Arcsys is changing things for the sake of changing them, and not because it's improving balance or gameplay.

Welcome to ArcSys fighters.

I don't personally think that the game is THAT unbalanced, it's really just the top tiers that are worlds above the rest, we'll see if any of that changes when the patch comes out though.

...it's really just the top tiers that are worlds above the rest...

Isn't that the same thing as saying it's unbalanced? Aside from the new characters having unnaturally high damage output, some of the new moves/altered moves for the old characters are just stupid. I already expressed my hatred for Bang's new DDs, but stuff like Ragna losing dash cancels on 5D and 6C is incredibly dumb.

Ok, so more on this patch that's coming. Is CP going to get multiple patches, like Continuum Shift, or is this like a one-time deal?

By the way, I fucking HATE Bang's gay ass new Distortions that teleport and throw. How in the fuck are you supposed to not get hit???

Honestly I just settle for not letting Bang get the seals in the first place. The matchup seems way easier than it ever was in Continuum Shift.

I don't personally think that the game is THAT unbalanced, it's really just the top tiers that are worlds above the rest, we'll see if any of that changes when the patch comes out though.

I agree with you on this point. While the game is less balanced than Extend and CS2 it's really not to bad if you don't consider Kokonoe.

So get this: I was playing against this Kagura. Which in itself is just a shit bomb. But anyway, I lost 4 or 5 matches and spent the time sizing the guy up, looking for any patterns or holes. Then I beat him clean 2, rounds in a row, and he messaged "gotta love mashy noels" and then left.

WTF is wrong with our community? When I play mirror matches (which are a joke, btw), I almost always get "ggs". I 100% believe that Noel players are a more civilized breed. I've never once met an elite asshole Noel main. Not saying that they don't exist, but I've never seen one.

Well thats just the way of life in the bb community. Almost everyone who is not associated with using noel pretty much hates her for various reasons even some that are a bit outlandish. For example they hate her for the following reasons but not limited to:

I hate noel because of her D drives

her drives are a one button combo

i cant punish her drives even on whiff which is some bullshit. who whiffs moves and can get away with it?? really now?

she is too easy mode

she does too much damage for free

she pisses out too much heat (or did in the past)

stupid haida loop

her combos are boring and she practically stands in place and does a combo for you unlike other characters where you have to move the character yourself

long ass litchi like combos into retarded damage over a simple mistake in neutral or in the corner and was punished for doing what you're supposed to do for momentum

she too fast...fast normals run etc..(even though this in itself is questionable as hell if you critically think about it compared to other characters)

too much invincibility

i hate 4D with a passion

screw her 2D jumping over my shit (prior to CP)

i hate netplay assault through

her counter assault (prior to CP) is too good its a free jail break + momentum shift off 50 heat especially in the corner unlike everyone else

she goes through my shit like a damn ghost from Casper

all noels mash drives they cant block for shit they been dodgin basic fundamentals since day 1

noels are mashy as hell

she gets to press all the buttons in the world but when i try to do that i get punished with invincibility into 4 -7k

all noels are free

her personality is annoying she cries too much

i hate her voice

i hate her stupid beret hat, take that shit off

she dresses like a slut

i hate her just because of the mirror match

This is basically all the stuff Ive heard over the years since CS1. personally i think ppl established a personal vendetta against noel so hard to the point its a mental law in bb that losing to noel is not an option. Even perhaps more annoying than losing to the high tier characters like valk or tao to them in some cases. they make it seem like noel in general is "suppose" to always lose to everyone regardless of how they put it "supposedly good" the noel player is unless you're popular like SKD and happen to use her in the past. Noels normally don't amount to any respect in the community just because of the the way the character was designed. In the end we only have other noels to commute and talk to so that's who we stay around on here. They know the struggles of our waifu...lol

Edited by Litherain-XIII

Most of those are valid complaints, even if taken to a more extreme degree. Noel has a pretty shitty design and long time Noel players should know better than anyone else that's she's kinda a shithead. Also a laundry list of silly complaints is available for every character in the game, not just her.

I 100% believe that Noel players are a more civilized breed.

Play more Noel players, then.

Whenever you're fighting Noel it feels like just random bullshit.

Whenever you're playing as Noel it feels like everything is a risk and you deserve every hit you land.

Whenever you're playing the Mirror, it feels like you need to pick up a sub so you don't ever have to do this again.

You know what else sucks? They should give her an extra Distortion. Seems everyone gets them but the characters I use (Noel, Ragna, Tager).

*Makoto sitting in the corner*

"No...its cool...Its cool Izayoi has a better punish super than me...and Noel would be sad only being able to do 4K meterless or 5K+ of CH 5C into Muzzle Flitter."

Most of those are valid complaints, even if taken to a more extreme degree. Noel has a pretty shitty design and long time Noel players should know better than anyone else that's she's kinda a shithead. Also a laundry list of silly complaints is available for every character in the game, not just her.

Play more Noel players, then.

Who's this guy validating my claim?

Who's this guy validating my claim?

Knock it off man. No personal attacks in here.

Keep it gameplay related, or I'm gonna start handing out infractions and stuff.

Knock it off man. No personal attacks in here.

Keep it gameplay related, or I'm gonna start handing out infractions and stuff.

Sure, sure, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Unfounded complaints. It's not any different than when people call Tager OP because of 360/720.

I think that any Noel player knows that using Drive is very much a risk/reward gamble. Although, in CP, it's less so. It used to be that 4D -> 4k, however, if that 4D missed its mark, you were probably gonna lose 4k. And it's that last half that everyone conveniently forgets. Not only that, all of those "d-mash" gripes aren't even legit. I mean, how many times does Noel actually press D in any given combo? Not any more than, say, Ragna does in any of his combos.

Lith! You shouldn't give a fuck what others say man..! Noel have been like this for a while now!

People just gotta accept that. If I were you, I would say, "Screw that! Grow up and learn the match!"

i dont care as much anymore... _-_ also haters gonna hate regardless so its either win and be hated or lose and still be hated with salt poured into your lap as a consolation prize. Make a choice and be done with the harsh reality of noel players. hate to be blunt about it but fussing about it does nothing and has been proven over the years in the bb community its kinda a set in stone thing.

People need to learn that other people's opinions about the character you play really don't matter.

I play Noel because she's fun. That's all that matters. Not to mention the people that I play with and the level I (usually) play at is beyond stuff like that anyway...

was just thinking... I wonder how much 5C(CH)>MF>Fenrir>RC>MF is going to do in BBCP2 lol. It's 100 meter ya. but its unburstable after the first MF! Unless you can burst between the rapid and the next MF. Forgot if they can or not :X

Edited by Ayane

they cant burst after the first MF but the problem is that doing MF into landing Fenrir doesn't work on everyone as it whiffs on certain characters due to hitboxes being short after complete knockdown from MF. its gonna be a character specific thing but nontheless i would love to know how much MF did in the unfinished 5k combo from the patch. if someone seen it and saw the damage number after MF hit then we could possibly estimate its new damage somehow. i would like to imagine it being 2k raw or 1800 atleast.

was just thinking... I wonder how much 5C(CH)>MF>Fenrir>RC>MF is going to do in BBCP2 lol. It's 100 meter ya. but its unburstable after the first MF! Unless you can burst between the rapid and the next MF. Forgot if they can or not :X

This isn't even possible. Muzzle Flitter will down an opponent, which means for the rest of the combo you can't use Muzzle Flitter again. If you hit a downed opponent with Fenrir they will float instead of stand. ANY attack on a downed opponent will float them. (Edit: Except Silencer B)

And even if it WAS possible, you're looking at a little less than 4k for 100 meter. Assuming full damage on Muzzle Flitter of 1500 twice (That's 3000), the starting 5C would add a few hundred and so would the barrel hit on Fenrir. You'd be better off doing 5C (CH) -> Muzzle Flitter -> Fenrir for only 50 Heat.

EDIT:

Some Numbers:

5C (CH) - > MF -> Fenrir (1st Hit) = 2474 Damage

So if MF could be used a 2nd time, at full damage, you're looking at 3974 Damage at a cost of 100 Heat.

If you let Fenrir run its course, and do 5C (CH) -> MF -> Fenrir, you get 4842 Damage at a cost of 50 Heat.

So I think we can all see what the better choice is.

Also, as it is in CP1, if you do 5C (CH) -> Muzzle Flitter -> 5B -> 5C -> sj.C - > j.D -> d.6C -> d.2D -> d.6B -> Silencer C -> dash cancel -> 6C -> 6B -> 6D -> d.6B -> d.5C -> d.6B -> Fenrir, you get 6536 Damage. So it's easy to see how an incomplete combo would deal 5k, and so I don't see what all the fuss is about. She's already doing this in CP1!

Edited by legacy49i

This isn't even possible. Muzzle Flitter will down an opponent, which means for the rest of the combo you can't use Muzzle Flitter again. If you hit a downed opponent with Fenrir they will float instead of stand. ANY attack on a downed opponent will float them. (Edit: Except Silencer B)

I believe he misunderstood the wording of the change and thought fenrir forces standing in CP2. I went back and checked and it just says it forces them lower to make the full thing hit.

Of course in CP2 they are also reducing the damage of combo muzzle flitter so all those numbers will go down.

I believe he misunderstood the wording of the change and thought fenrir forces standing in CP2. I went back and checked and it just says it forces them lower to make the full thing hit.

Of course in CP2 they are also reducing the damage of combo muzzle flitter so all those numbers will go down.

Yup, I thought it said forced standing :(