LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

CR as in Chain Revolver, my bad.

Also Noel bust size is important~

Oh my bad then. Then its just stuff into d.5B>236A>665B>5C>sj.C>j.D>ender midscreen, and corner is just stuff>236D>5C>j.C>j.D>d.4D>214D>6C>6B>22B. The 5C pickup midscreen can be omitted, as it supposedly makes the combo harder, though I haven't really had too much trouble with it. The corner combo may not be optimal, it really depends on how many drives you hit before using BT. Its solid though so I would just use that especially before getting into the more specific max damage routes.

Well "stuff" depends on what you hit first as your starter. A d.6B hit for example would go into d.6A>d.5B, while a raw 6D could go into d.5A/d.5C>d.6B>d.5C>d.5B or even 6D>d.6C>d.2D>d.5C>d.5B for max damage. A 4D hit could go into d.2D>d.6B>d.5C>d.5B.

I suppose you can TECHNICALLY call our double 22B combos "Haida Loops" or by extention combos that involve both 22B and 22C. Though it's pushing it:

Corner d.6B > d.5C > d.6D > 236D > 5B > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.5C > d.6A > d.5C > 22B > 2B > 6C(2) > 6B > 22 is one example

or:

Corner Fatal 4D > 214D > 2C > 5C > sj.C > j.D > d.4D > d.2D > d.6B > 236D > 6C > 6B > 22C > 6C(2) > 6B > 22

those are really as close as we can get. Though that does give me an idea for combo video stuff :333

RIP Haida Loop, it survived through three iterations of Blazblue but didn't survive the costume change.

Is O. Noel banned on account of double astral?

RIP Haida Loop, it survived through three iterations of Blazblue but didn't survive the costume change.

Nope. She's not banned for a faster taunt either.

Wait, so as O.Noel she retains her Counter Astral aswell as gains her Extend one? I did not know that. 

I´m ok with this.

Faster taunt - Is this even an issue?  Does anybody even taunt at all during a tournament?  There's no real reason to ever do it.  Except back when Tao had that taunt loop, because her taunt is also an "attack".

As for Noel's double Astral, it's pretty much the best thing ever, except that it doesn't combo quite the same.

Quick question, what controls whether 6A j.C j.D causes a crossup or not?  Spacing seems to affect it but sometimes I still cross over when I'm pretty far.  Am I supposed to delay j.C or something?

99% of the time its going to cross up if you do it right. In most cases you'll be able to tell which side you'll be on by the time you get to the j.D

I'd like to able to tell when it's going to cross up since I don't want to push them out of the corner by accident. I was wondering if there's a way to make it not cross up when I don't want it to.

Hi guys! I have picked up CP for the first time and she is soooo different than all the other games. Hate to ask a silly question and I know 6A is the basic combo starter, but I'm having problems even starting combos because approaching is difficult in this game with her imo any advice? 

There are many combo starters outside of 6A.  Depends on your location, resources, and situation.  4D is still usable as a reversal, though not in the same ways as previous versions.  With Heat, you can do something like a basic 5B - 5C - Chamber Shot - RC - give chase and finish the combo for some good damage.  Also, her Drive pressure is better than it used to be, although still considered unsafe.  Also, her overhead goes into Drive now instead of 3C, and if you have the Heat or a corner you can get boss damage with Muzzle Flitter.

I don't feel her approach is any different than it used to be.  The only difference is what starters go into what combos, because old starters (like 6B) will go into new combos.

From what I've played of Noel so far, she seems a lot more solid than in Extend. Maybe less "hurr mash D to go through everything" like in CS2 but much more solid all around since she now has knockdowns off random pokes. It doesn't change her approach game per se but it does make it a bit more threatening since she can actually get a respectable knockdown off a max range 5B now, which in turn lets her play mid-range spacing a bit better. Her stagger pressure is still really good (2B being a neutral-on-block stagger tool that's pretty hard to read) and her drive is looking like sort of a respectable mixup now, albeit nothing super ambiguous.

Speaking of which, I can probably figure this out myself but which moves frametrap what? I assume 4D and 214D are her anti-DP options but I dunno what her anti-mash options are.

So I noticed something odd that isn't useful in the slightest due to SMP.  If you use Silencer C repeatedly in a combo (Blue Beat, mind you...) the damage never goes down.  i.e. Set the training dummy to never tech, and then do 3C - 22C - 22C - 22C - 22C - 22C, etc, etc, etc.  I've tried other moves, and as far as I can tell, it's the only move that does that.  Well, that's not entirely true.  The 2nd time you do it, the damage goes down, but every time after that it stays the same.

Also, since when is it called "Flash Suppressor"?  I was doing the Challenges and the instructions said "Flash Suppressor" and I was like WTF is that?  That was a pointless name change.

Random unimportant trivia: The Japanese name for 22B/C is Flash Hider which equivocates to Flash Suppressor. Aksys localized this move as Silencer, which is actually incorrect because the purpose of a Silencer is to reduce the sound made from firing a gun, as opposed to a flash suppressor which suppresses the muzzle flash of a gun shot.  :eng101: 

I guess since ASW handled most non-story related text they corrected the translation. 

Random unimportant trivia: The Japanese name for 22B/C is Flash Hider which equivocates to Flash Suppressor. Aksys localized this move as Silencer, which is actually incorrect because the purpose of a Silencer is to reduce the sound made from firing a gun, as opposed to a flash suppressor which suppresses the muzzle flash of a gun shot. :eng101:

I guess since ASW handled most non-story related text they corrected the translation.

Hmm, from the rest of the localization this sounds like one of the only things they did right ahha

However, the move neither suppresses the sound nor the flash associated with the gunshots.  So it is still incorrect.

It´s probably just for the flare of it; I mean these moves gotta sound somewhat epic.

It's just a move name guys, There's nothing Optic or Barrel about Optic Barrel, 214A is a hurricanrana not a Muzzle Filter(and that name doesn't make sense for the move either), and there's no Raiding involved in Spring Raid. Noel isn't sending out a giant norse wolf when she uses Fenrir, and no god of thunder with a hammer comes out when she uses Thor.