LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

Ok ima just throw this out there because the valk community did this recently and it interested me. how does the idea of noel players come together on some specified days to host a room and discuss/show off/exchange noel tech info and tips online sound? Kinda like a conference call and discuss and help each other out in a room with stuff regarding noel but in a group fashion. all tech ideas can be saved via replay save and can perhaps have a few matches to watch and see how each other handle matches and playstyle etc. Anyone interested? if not oh well i tried _-_

Ok seems like some ppl like the idea. How about everyone who is interested in this idea type down what times you're usually available and your personal day of preference out of Wednesday Friday Saturday and Sunday. ill see if i can orchestrate something up for this online of those days or if its possible to host multiple times maybe 2 times on separate days for more convenience. but still post if your interested and availability along with day(s) you could be open for that was listed.

EDIT: Also once we have some ppl down ill send an invite to you online on the days we host the event.

Edited by Litherain-XIII

Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm free from Noon to like 8pm EST thanks to my class schedule unless something comes up. Mondays and Wednesdays would be like 3pm-6pm. Friday and Saturday are kind of up in the air depending on when I get off work. Sundays I'm pretty much planted at work. You think it would be ok to get like a Noel skype chat or something going alongside this too maybe?

Yeah sure i got you covered. ok how about this then:

- Wednesday 3pm - 10pm

- Saturday 3pm - 12am

- Sunday 12pm -10pm.

If you have a skype then add me there and ill see if i can arrange something for you specifically if you cannot make it during these times (Skype: Litherain). you can add me online ahead of time so that i know when you're online during these following day and will invite you accordingly along the way (PSN: Litherain) i will say that currently this Wednesday probably wont go down but definitely Saturday and Sunday will go through. i would also like for Luna to participate as well since it'll be alot more helpful with your assistance in noel info, tech of your own (if willing to share), your opinions upon things as our moderator. Things such as pressure, mix ups, option selects, offense, defense, combos and other techs will be discuss. i look forward to the near N.C.E (Noel Conference Event....funny name lol) i think this may need its own thread if it goes well maybe it'll be something good that can turn out occasional once a month or something like that who knows

http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/tyousei.html

More detailed Noel changes with frame data (translated by SoWL)

Noel:

- Backdash's duration increased from 18 to 22 frames. The invuls now last longer by 2 frames (from 1 to 7).

- 5C no longer has projectile guard point on the arm.

- Counter Assault has its hitbox improved.

- Crush Trigger can be performed during Chain Revolver. Now ground-bounces on hit. Follow-up time decreased from 21 to 12 frames.

- Drive 6C doesn't fly too far, hitting with all hits more reliably.

- Silencer C has its hitstop increased from 0 to 6 frames.

- Default Muzzle Flitter damage is increased from 1500 to 1600 (P1 proration increased from 70% to 80%, minimal damage decreased from 1500 to 1000).

- Fenrir's first hit sets the opponent on the ground, hitting with all hits more reliably.

hmm, Muzzle Filter has a MINIMUM damage of 1000, I wonder if that means it scales normally until then. which would mean an MF used right after a ch 5C would still do around 1500...

something to think about.

so they decided to nerf 5C again just when they did it some justice (failed justice imo as if the guard point even was reliable honestly should have buffed the mofo) backdash meh unless we can do TK stuff of backdashing then thatll be something interesting for once. idk about the follow up for crush trigger kinda worried somewhat but im sure 6C can get it done. 22C is random i guess. dont know how that even affects us as far as hitstop goes. MF....cool but whatever. Once again mori can kiss my ass....no further comment

I'm okay with these changes. Least they aren't retarded nerfs. Just change 2D back to normal or make it an overhead, and I'll be fine.

the SRK article says double fenrir is no longer possible. I'm gonna say that I doubt that is true.

the SRK article says double fenrir is no longer possible. I'm gonna say that I doubt that is true.

Can you do Fenfir after ground hit OD Fenrir? Because if it doesn't combo then it makes sense double Fenrir is no longer possible, due to forcing standing on hit now.

already tested that my brother, still works, and is actually more consistent than air hit double fenrir in my experience

A ground Fenrir makes it so EVERY bullet hits on the way up, and the opponent doesn't do that "hopping" motion. This will conceivably lift the opponent higher in the air than if you hit them at a higher altitude and they "hop" on the way up. Also, I find that this undesirable "hop" can cause Nemesis Stabilizer to whiff entirely. It's happened to me multiple times, and it's infuriating! You lose, what, 800 damage? and give your opponent a free Counter Hit because of shitty game code.

And on the Muzzle Flitter change: Does the damage actually scale, or is it just 1600 1st hit / 1000 all other hits?

A couple matches at the beginning of the video of CP 1.1 Noel getting rolled by N-Otoko

The backdash looks a lot slower now, d.6C seems to do more of its hits consistently. At one point the Noel uses d.6c in the corner and none of it whiffs so that's nice. I only saw muzzle filter used once on a throw combo. The combo did do 4.1k with a fenrir ender, but the throw>Muzzle Filter section only does 1.5k in CP 1.1, rather than 1.8k now.

Well if it does a minimum damage of 1.2k that's still really good. I was expecting like 800 personally.