LunaKage

[CP] Noel Vermillion - Gameplay Discussion

I will also offer my assistance. If you need any help, I can also provide. I'm a Noel main since the beginning in 2009. I also sub Ragna and Tager, in case that info is helpful (though my CP Ragna is terrible...).

Shoot me a PM if you ever want online matches.

Um... Thank you. I'm still really new at using Noel, but you guys are being really nice to me. So, it makes me want to stick to using her and try hard to perfect her. I still have a lot to learn, but maybe it won't seem so hard since your all being so supportive.

Like I said earlier, thank you.

Are you new to Noel, Blazblue, or fighting games in general? When I started, I had ZERO fighting game experience. I'm no expert now, but I do view myself as competent. If you want to get good, you gotta put your time in, so don't get discouraged if you're not good right away. One step at a time. And don't get pissed when you lose, because it's gonna happen. A lot. Just pay attention to your losses and learn from them.

I got into BlazBlue around CSE, but I didn't start to actually really play competitively til about last june. But yeah, I didn't start playing Noel until about a few weeks ago. I tried playing Makoto, but I kept on getting annoyed with how much trouble she had against any character with a projectile.

Makoto is a bad character imo. Her range is pathetic. I suppose if you really take everything into consideration, she might be balanced. Her LVL3 Drive hits have ridiculous hit stun, and she's the only character who can parry. It's also like how Carl isn't considered sucky even though he has the lowest HP and can't dash because he has that meat shield / teammate Nirvana. If you put a character in the hands of someone who can use them to their fullest, then it's all good.

Noel is a good character to start with, since everything is pretty easy to pickup and understand. Though it's one of those "Easy to learn, difficult to master" type deals.

By the way, since you started with CSEX, you missed out on a lot. CT Noel - CS1 Noel - and CS2 Noel were all very different. CS2 to CSEX was probably the smallest change, and CP Noel is very different again. Just for kicks you should give CT Noel a try. It's like fighting underwater! XD

Edited by legacy49i

I suck. That being said I'd be willing to offer advice from my many bunders, failures, and overall unsuccessful attempts to grasp CP.

Just for kicks you should give CT Noel a try. It's like fighting underwater! XD

Yo, CT Noel was legit. 6C>grab whiff>6Cx20. Never forget.

CT Noel is hilarious to just play around with sometimes. Her silencer does ridiculous damage when abused in the right way, lol.

It's all about the original CT Haida loop bro

This guy knows.

I think I had the most fun with CS2 Noel followed by CT > CS1 >>>> CP > Extend.

The correlation between lack of haida and fun had is no coincidence.

CSEX Noel was probably my favorite, too. CP Noel is really different from all the others. Also, CS2 Noel was GOD. Probably where a lot of the salt comes from. I would admit, though, that she was pretty brainless and OP. There were like 2 combos that would work anywhere and on anyone and would take 4k, and you could just mash it out. However, I was a Noel main since CT so I REFUSED to let the hate get to me. It wasn't MY fault that Arcsys decided to be SUPER friendly to Noel. Besides, it's not like every other character hasn't been OP at some point.

I would say CSEX -> CP -> CS2 -> CT -> CS1. CS1 Noel sucked.

CSEX -> CP -> CS2 -> CS1 -> CT. EX noel was the most fun to me followed by CP but only for competitive reasons. Damn I miss my old noel from EX those where the days but I have to admit I miss the old dark days of CS1 on the salty grind of facing GOD tier bang and daisharin broken litchi and bogus retarted ragna. the struggle was real then lol

the struggle brought the old Noel crew together. I dont think there will ever be another time like that :c

true. wish it would be like that again. lately I decided to just sit back a bit and let the rest of ppl on here help out and do their thing. I still help but as of late its been online helping others. I like to see other ppl give their input and help on here besides me you and delta. brings a kind of warmth to my pad and heart whenever I pop on bb and when I look on here lol

I see how it is. All the Noel players hang out in the US while they're like super rare over in the JP/KR area, though I think the majority I'm up against are JP players since a good chunk of KR players are either addicted to LoL or Starcraft, I work these guys daily. They don't know what a fighting game is.

Looking for an efficient sub and Noel makes the cut out of 5 others I attempted to play with so hopefully there's enough room for a scrub like me to join the team. I mashed with her back in CT as a main before I settled for Ragna and never touched her again, so excuse me for that one. What really led to me to learn her was her new design. Its about damn time she got rid of that beret! Now she's *slurp" ready for the main course.

I have equipment and playing with Noel in the training room for now. She hasn't quite got enough real competition and I can truly say I'm not comfortable enough to put her up against the folks yet so her best friend is the training room with a lvl.100 com or just standing still and doing nothing as I feel out the movement and what proper follow ups. I think I'll post one video of me using her next week but don't expect nothing to legit so soon.

CP noel feels the most well designed for me.

I disagree so hard that I unintentionally summon a demon from another dimension, which proceeds to wreck my room until I have nothing left but my soul.