Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Azrael

236236A all the time is my tactic. Their awesome active frames counts for nothing in counter hell!!

No but seriously... I approach this match with alot of zoning. Alot of 6C to punish his moves and alot of 6A since they like to jump in alot when they can't dash in. 2D/5D is your friend so you gain alot of meter in the neutral.

Once he gets ahold of you it gets complicated. Soutenjin also has a weird hitbox that hits behind you so you can use that to stop some teleport gimmicks atleast.

Play around some with Azrael yourself and try to udnerstand him as a character and it gets a bit easier. I'm in the lab with him now checking out his revolver chart and various other things.

I feel like there's no way out of his pressure. Once he's on you, I can't quite figure out how to poke out. He's either spaced too far away for 2a, 5a, or beats out my pokes. His moves also seem to be reallllllll advantageous on block. So what does Terumi do to get out?

PS3 tag: meester_muuffin

I'm sitll pretty much a novice but, as far as I could tell, there wasn't a whole lot I could do against j.D (the cross swipe in the air, if I didn't say the correct input) but yeah, it just shuts down my approach, I can maybe 2C it, but that still feels risky.

Use 6A (or forward and A) to counter hit him for trying to j.D you. 6A has a few frames of head invincibility which will essentially make it beat j.D every time. after you counter hit him you can follow up with 2D->665C->whatever you want.

Does anyone know which of Azreal's moves you can punish that are unsafe on block?

• Last hit of his 236C,46C,6C rekka: -14
  • Growler
  • Valiant (236D): -26
  • Hornet (214D): -13
  • Both supers

Thanks. That actually helps a ton.

Something to keep note off is the gaps in Azrael's strings as well. The one that comes to mind is 2C into 6D/3D, you can usually just mash 5A for a quick punish or instant block tha bauldah for a 5B full combo punish.

I believe there is a full list of the gaps in the Azrael forums so I suggest checking it out.