Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Bullet

This is the match up I have the most experience with currently. I think your first mistake is trying to approach Bullet. Honestly, your 5d is a great tool during neutral/footsies with her on the ground. If you force her into the air, 6A will beat every option she has clean. The only thing to worry about is her altering her aerial timing and momentum with Homing. Don't force the issue of getting in her face, her okizeme is very very strong, and you have no solid reversal without heat. Also, her reversal is VERY easy to fatal punish on whiff, something to keep your eye out for that can honestly win you the round with the right amount of heat. Terumi is very much a momentum character, as is Bullet, so stay patient, play the poking game and try not to be the first one to make a mistake.

This is the match up I have the most experience with currently. I think your first mistake is trying to approach Bullet. Honestly, your 5d is a great tool during neutral/footsies with her on the ground. If you force her into the air, 6A will beat every option she has clean. The only thing to worry about is her altering her aerial timing and momentum with Homing. Don't force the issue of getting in her face, her okizeme is very very strong, and you have no solid reversal without heat. Also, her reversal is VERY easy to fatal punish on whiff, something to keep your eye out for that can honestly win you the round with the right amount of heat. Terumi is very much a momentum character, as is Bullet, so stay patient, play the poking game and try not to be the first one to make a mistake.

Thanks, I'll try. I have been playing pretty aggresively so that might just be the problem.

Bullet player here, Can't say too much since I haven't fought a good Terumi yet, but I'm not too convinced Terumi trumps her neutral, especially if you give her the space to Afterburner to H1/H2. Unless 5D has proj. property, Bullet can very likely abuse Flint Shooter (projectile) to force you to play your hand or block(or get hit). And Terumi's 6A is good, but Bullet has a variety of tricks available if she wants to bait it. Bullet has decent anti-airs too; 6B or 623C should be able to tag most things Terumi has in the air.

Theorycraft-wise, Terumi should win in air-to-air and ground-to-ground because he has good horizontal range on his j.D and 5D, but Bullet seems to have somewhat of an advantage at the diagonal angles. I'll reserve judgment till I play the matchup more though.

In my experiences, raw afterburner is super subject to 236d(obviously not fullscreen, but a long distance nonetheless) on reaction with Terumi, or even 41236c overdrive. I'm not certain if Terumi's 5d has the same property as his j.d(having a major brain cramp right now, pretty sure it does though), but his j.d will eat/cancel out flint shooter. I'm not saying hands down Terumi wins the match up, but it's definitely manageable.

I was mainly referring to after Flint Shooter. Terumi seems like he can across the screen quickly if I try to do it without putting any thought to it.

And yeah, I understand. It's still very early to say anything for certain, just felt like including some input

There is no matchup I have that is nearly as troublesome as this.

Playing patient with Terumi, who has no meterless DP, is ridiculously hard.

You can 6A her in midair sure, but on the ground, 5D always seems to get beat out one way or another.

I feel that this matchup is very even.

If Bullet does Flint Shooter -> Afterburner you can 80% of the time punish this with either IAD CH j.D, 5D, 236D and depending on screen you can go to 214B and continue combo from there. If you have the meter to spend on 421236C you also get a 3,5k+ punish.

For neutral game I feel an advantage to Terumi with 5D, 2D, j.D and 6A (gdlk in this matchup since Bullet's tend to abuse their gdlk j.C). But when Bullet has H2 it get's rough. H1 is still managable you just have to be careful but H2 is when she's taking the advantage from you in neutral.

If you have good reactions/reflexes 236236A is a good tool in this matchup if the Bullet tends to spend Heat on block since it's fairly obvious move to spot but hard to do anything about.

My general game-plan is to play keep away with D moves until I can get a knockdown and go from there. And always try to save 50% meter for 41236C when they use Flint Shooter and/or Afterburner.

I feel that this matchup is very even.

If Bullet does Flint Shooter -> Afterburner you can 80% of the time punish this with either IAD CH j.D, 5D, 236D and depending on screen you can go to 214B and continue combo from there. If you have the meter to spend on 421236C you also get a 3,5k+ punish.

For neutral game I feel an advantage to Terumi with 5D, 2D, j.D and 6A (gdlk in this matchup since Bullet's tend to abuse their gdlk j.C). But when Bullet has H2 it get's rough. H1 is still managable you just have to be careful but H2 is when she's taking the advantage from you in neutral.

If you have good reactions/reflexes 236236A is a good tool in this matchup if the Bullet tends to spend Heat on block since it's fairly obvious move to spot but hard to do anything about.

My general game-plan is to play keep away with D moves until I can get a knockdown and go from there. And always try to save 50% meter for 41236C when they use Flint Shooter and/or Afterburner.

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Haven't fought too many Bullets yet but I'll remember that.

I haven't had extensive experience with the match-up but I'm a very adaptive player. Also now in the beginning when people are lacking advanced experience with their own characters they are very easy to download if you just play on fundamentals.

But you can imagine playing as a Bullet being totally locked down by gdlk 6A from Terumi so no jump-in's without ATLEAST H1. And if he has 50% meter never be able to do Flint Shooter/Afterburner. You're quite locked, and when people get locked they get frustrated and do stupid things which makes you win :)

*EDIT*

Use 6A, 2D at own risk btw. If you wanna play really safe always go for jc combo rather then CH 6A, 2D combos since you'll risk eating a combo, but the worst part giving Bullet H2 and oki.