Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Izayoi

Her projectiles have enough recovery that you can simply jump over start pressure.

She relies on the air a good amount, 6A is your friend.

I haven't fought any AMAZING Izayoi players, but that's my two cents.

how do you deal with her quick and long ranged moves/special attacks, i cant seem to punish her at all close range.

Well I fought a not so bad Izayoi today. She is pretty fast and her rushdown mixup can be annoying to deal with.

There's no special trick for dealing with Izayoi rushdown other than to mash reversal if you don't feel like trying to block fast overheads. Terumi has a few free things he can do though:

1) Izayoi can't safejump on him cause of counter. No one can but Izayoi gets lots of safejumps and losing that option hurts. Obviously don't counter too much cause she can bait it easily with an empty jump. In general though counter works pretty well since her low pokes tend to be either fairly short (2A) or slow (2B) so Izayois usually won't start pressure with a low once they are in GA.

2) Don't let her run blockstrings on you. If you play patiently Izayoi can't really get stocks easily and will be forced to build them up with blocked pokes. It's pretty common for her to end blockstrings with 236A (Sonic Saber) which is + on block at most ranges and gets her one stock. She can reset into a max-range 5B and go for another 236A for more stocks, or try to read jump-outs (which is what most people will do when getting 236A staggered) with a 623B, which you do NOT want to get hit by since it'll get her 4-6 stocks depending on where you are relative to the corner. If she is getting greedy you can call out her max-range 5B with a counter (risky) or barrier her out and 5D.

3) Izayoi looks like she has a lot of range but it's really not that good. She is scary in GA but just keep in mind that even if she gets stocks and begins GA rushdown, she's still going to have a hard time getting in on Terumi since his 6A will blow up any attempts to just dash in. That leaves her with trying to space a 5B poke (you should be able to easily outpoke her with 5D since she can't microdash in GA for accurate positioning) or teleporting. Keep in mind that B teleport doesn't go that far forward and she can only D teleport in the air, so if you see her teleport either at fullscreen or in the air, she will ALWAYS end up behind you. Teleport is much slower than it looks so you can easily call it out on reaction and just 5B it.

4) If she has you in block and has lots of GA stocks, mash Soutenjin/Counter/CA and pray because you're dead either way if you don't. If you have her in block and she has no meter, just run whatever YOLO mixup you want since her defensive options suck, she's dead either way unless she gets lucky with a random mash.

In other words, hit her a lot and don't get hit.

Not sure where you got the idea that she can only D teleport in the air, but she can definitely just do it on the ground. The most common approach tactic is to get the opponent to block a saber and then teleport to them to start pressure.

Be careful about trying to poke after 5B, because it's pretty easy for her to just cancel into 6C and fatal counter if you do something there. You can do a reversal inbetween 5B and 6C, though, if you know it's coming.

Also worth mentioning that her only fatal in GA mode is a long ranged low, so don't spam counter in pressure, because it just leads to easy 5k+ damage if she has 2 stocks.

Can't really comment on anything else, since I play Izayoi, not Terumi. :|

I meant that if you see her teleport in the air, it's a D teleport meaning she always ends up behind you. Knowing that she will always be in 5b range after the teleport makes it a lot easier to punish her for big damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I meant that if you see her teleport in the air, it's a D teleport meaning she always ends up behind you. Knowing that she will always be in 5b range after the teleport makes it a lot easier to punish her for big damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Ah, I see. Yeah, if an Izayoi is just doing that teleport in the sky without either getting you to block or calling something out, it's a free punish. :(

You'll usually not see them yolo teleporting like that, haha. In this matchup (and honestly, pretty much any matchup), the most likely place you'll see that teleport on its own is as a call-out against Terumi's 6A if she's approaching from the air.