Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Litchi Faye Ling

Not sure on how to play this matchup. Get decked in the face with staff and...um...yea. I'm just surprised there's no writeup on it yet.

Litchi just does her shit and you can't do much about it

- Don't Roll or neutral getup, her staff will always hit you for a free combo, delayed wakeup is ok

- Prepare to block a lot and find the gaps

example: IB her shoulderdash attack and the staff positioning move and punish her (on normal block it becomes a ghetto reset)

- Watch out for her DP and try to bait it, if she is staffless you should consider her dumb ass backdash and her option of rolling away (2a for catching rolls, 5C for catching her whore backdash)

However, catching her backdash midscreen is hard and would require run up 5C or 6C

- Fortunately our counter super is useful in this matchup, just find the gap and punish her attempt of reseting pressure with her normals or just punish her overhead

- On round start don't go for 5D or j.D as Itsu-Nee can block and punish both of those, backdash or backwalk and plan your approach

- Watch out for CT during her pressure (0 frame advantage on block, our CT is -8 on block, thx Mori), block with barrier and counter super her normal (I think it is 5B or 6B)

5D is a not good option after blocked CT, believe me I tried that and I ate her 6B all the time

Unfortunately we kinda lack a good anti-air to challenge her air normals (5a doesn't work right, trust me I tried to but nope she's doesn't give a f*ck)

.....Oh I just checked frame data and our 6A has NO HEAD INVUL, it's just a semi-fast move (9 frames of startup, 3 frames active)

Wow, 5A seems better in terms of reactional AA (5 startup, 3 active), 6A only has a better diagonal hitbox

In conclusion: A very frustrating matchup, Litchi has answers to almost all of our neutral pokes (5D, j.D), her pokes are outclassing ours

Her okizeme forces you to block

Try to land some resets she has no knowledge of and bait her DP

If she decides to use Itsuu-Nee in neutral you can try 6C and pray she doesn't react in time

4 - 6 in Litchis favour if not 3 - 7

TL;dr Bitch is still a huge bitch to deal with

space is key her. your mission is to frustrate her by staying out of her reach. blocking her mixups are a must if you wish to start making progress. you are out ranged and readable until you get close to any litchi. you time to attack is when she places her staff. if her is placed remember and note. did she crouch to place the staff or was she standing. this is important cause this is how it was affect your approach. you want to rush when you see her with out staff (cause if she catches you with her staff you are lookin at a lenghty and tough to handle pressure) if she was standing let the the staff with fly at an upward angle.so rush in on ground and try to 5d before she backdashes. if she was crouching instant air dash. if you can hit her with the staff place do everything in your power to get her as far away from her staff as possible. without her staff she loses many combos. and her DP. sometimes they want their staff back so bad they will wakeup with 5D and eat a combo just to get the staff back.