Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Platinum the Trinity

My friend plays UWAAAAH so just a few basic things to start out the discussion:

1) Her 5B and 6A are godlike. 5B will outspace you on the ground and 6A will wreck your air approach. Space 5D well and play lots of footsies, don't run in randomly. If you feel an urgent need to BUTTONS 5D, j.D, and 6C are you best bet provided you have meter. You can always poke into 236D too, her only punish is IB 5A and she's usually too far to land it. This might just be my friend not being on the ball but I found I could frametrap/autopilot 236D a lot and backdash on block safely.

2) 2B is some kinda ridiculous low-profile bullshit and the range isn't bad either. I've actually had her use it to low-profile under j.B jump-in. That on top of her 6A and j.C being very good makes me not want to jump at all. If you do jump YOLO some shit like airdash grab over her, don't try to jump right into her cause that just gets you blown up.

3) Messenger is full invul after the flash and projectile invul from frame one, so you can wakeup Messenger on corner bubble oki since I don't think Plat can actually meaty you with a normal after setting a bubble. Best case you reversal her for huge damage, worst case she superjumps out of the way and keeps you back to corner. Dunno if she can actually punish it legit without some serious reads.

4) Her reversal sucks but her offense is god, go full offense and don't let up. She becomes very obnoxious if you lose momentum but you can pretty just bullshit whatever while you have her in block.

5) Zanrouga is hilarious versus stagger pressure.

This might just be my friend not being on the ball but I found I could frametrap/autopilot 236D a lot and backdash on block safely.

He can dash 5B you and hit you airborne in the backdash. 236D to backdash get's me blown up when overused especially against characters such as Jin and Ragna. I don't think Platinum would be an exception. Maybe you should enlighten him about this so you don't make it a bad habit like I already have. If you can add some range to the block string ending with 5D, 2D to atleast mix it up is nice.

Dunno if she can actually punish it legit without some serious reads.

Dunno what 41236C is on block but I know Haku kan punish with 2B that is 8F. So Plat's best bet would be 2B but that's 10F startup. If he baits it and atleast IB he get's free punish with 2B CH. But you're out of the corner so 50% meter for eating a small combo and getting out of the corner/pressure... ah well personal taste. I'd save the meter for 623B personally.

Unfortunately I've had just a handful of matches versus not so good people.