Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

Hey people, do you still think that Hos can deal big damage? For some reason I still can´t believe this.

It looks like most of his combos doesn’t deal to much damage, except from dustloop and FB combos….

I like this char a lot, but seem that any combo who involve j.p, 2.k and 5.k deal low damage.

j.p is not used for damage oppurtunities, and considering the parameters of the move it would be stupid if you could get big damage off of it. In a very specific situation you could dustloop off of it but yeah..

HOS mainly gets his damage from building the guard gauge a little and then spending his level to form the combo in to a dustloop or his super jump combo. A single blocked 5HS adds a LOT of damage to most of his big combos.

I think I remember hearing somebody say lvl 1 HOS = HOS, lvl 2 HOS = Slayer, lvl 3 HOS = Potemkin. Somethin to that tune. I don't think its completely true but its funny to think of it $p

Big dmg is big dmg, weather its viable or not is another story. We usually just go on a tangent until TB yells at us. Speaking of combos: Can't you do 5k, 2D RC -> D. Loop? :psyduck:

If you're gonna do a combo like that do something cooler like x 2d lv1 RI RC instant running jump Dloop. the real question is why you would do this kind of combo when the same results with slightly nerfed damage can be achieved off bhb, but I guess if you only had lv1 and 50% and needed a dloop to kill someone I could see it. Personally I have never done 2d RI RC nor have I ever seen any one respectable use it, but I guess it has it's place some where. I hardly ever have meter to RC personally, unless I just landed a gold burst.

Well, I have been lookin into more eccentric finishing combos that I think will end the round per TB's advice after seeing my latest vids. Once my opponent gets pretty low I start going crazy with pokes, more so than at the matches start.. :psyduck: Mater of fact I as just poking around on Youtube yesterday (Which I hardly ever do) and I found a newish OS vid. he got the guy low and just started kurkin off. Goin nuts on any combo RC'n teh breaks off of stuff.

Dont 6h in a blockstring... And you dont have to delay at all doing 2p into 5h because there is a natural gap inbetween those hits. The goal for order sol block strings is to try to put your opponent in a risky position(where they have to weigh trying to get out against a massive ch) or using charge/tension to mix them up. Also, I am personally not a fan of ending blockstrings in l1 bhb but to each his own. As for doing the iad combo, its as simpe as jumping as soon as you can and air dashing at the lowest possible height. You probably are inputting the dash too fast(kind of like how you can input it too fast in sjiad combos too) if you are just getting him to jump forward, and obviously too slow if you get the airdash and the jp doesn't combo. All in all, its a very distance specific combo and you aren't going to be aiming for it tooooo often, but when you get the chance it's a nice meterless combo that builds lots of meter, takes the opponent to the corner and gives a kd. Theres no secret trick to it like doing iad jk jk with slayer. For starters you should put the dummy in the corner and do running 5ss iad jp and practice it on pot or johnny. Once you can do that its just a matter of mastering the timing on the falling jh and you got the combo.

List block strings plx. I can't seem to make the combo -> 5H -> IDA -> continue combo to work..

:psyduck:

5K/2K 5S CC

5K/2K 2S CC

2P 5HS CC

2P 2K 2D CC

5P rf 5K whatever

meaty 2HS 5K whatever

Just keep them short. You want to keep close and pressure them into getting counter hit.

Random Question: So your in a match and you get a J.HS CH and they start sliding, but you some how land where they are sliding and you don't realise it and end up back dashing instead of 66ing to get that 5s -> Dust loop off. Anyway to "see" it or know what your doing to avoid that mistake >_>? I missed lie 3 full reps one match because of crazyness. Apparently he said I crossed him up. :psyduck: One other thing: If I practice on slayer, milia and Order Sol, that will encompass the heavy light and medium weight categories right? >_>

If you land behind them and back dash I'm pretty sure you're still able to do 5K 5S 5HS sj combo. Just learn to be ready in case that happens, although it shouldn't be frequent at all. I don't think Slayer is heavy. He's just got a fat ass hit box. Practice on Robo-Ky for heavies. Also weight classes aside, practice your combos on Johnny and May, because they're annoying to combo. Really annoying.

I'm having a hard time with this, but Level 1 BRP is almost impossible to combo in to for me. Can someone tell me what basic combos I can use it in (basic, i.e. no Jump Install please)?

From what I know of the character, anytime you combo into j.D you can follow it up with BRP. Although, to be honest, I have seen more SV combo enders than anything, probably because the opponent isn't teching directly above you like with BRP-ender combos.

when doing any air combo that ends in j.D, it's up to your own discretion to go for either brp or sv. go for sv when you are sure it will two hit (mainly after one rep dust loop or when you still have dashing momentum), go for brp when sv will one hit. it might be too slow to hit after some midscreen high jump combos as well, unless you get a shitload of dashing momentum behind it or are heading into the corner. you can't combo into it off of anything on the ground. you also need to RC it if you want to combo after it if you use it for an overhead.

A better question would be why you want to combo into it on the ground in the first place. Midscreen I don't even use it as an air combo ender unless I think it will kill them; I'd rather knock them farther away with the j.D so I have time to land and Charge or set them up if they try to approach me (because they think I'll Charge).

I CANT PRESS DOWN UP BETWEEN S AND UP FUCK

Fixed.

That will bait you more bursts than anything you can learn, except maybe running js jp.

I always wished I could find a way to combo into brp frc jh. It would be the mother of all farfnir combos :gonk: