Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

except for one, who got a majority from his theory from me.

who?

because i think you full of shit

IMO...

Give me a real excuse or shut the fuck up.

Spending time N' money for a travel for an half ass event. Is what you want to heard?

(apologies to the staff of the event who can't managed to attract all europeans GG players, even german players.)

Trying to get the last word by being rude is childish. Grow up and have a nice day.

PS: SV FRC SV FRC SV is not a mix up. :toot:

who?

because i think you full of shit

Champion, who's main isn't even OS, which makes it even worse. He nerved out during the tournament though.

HBS: so despite your colleagues thinking it was worth it to go there when they decided to go, you thought it was a waste of your time and money? Despite also hearing that most of the top teams were present there? You know, that if you say this is a waste of time, you imply you suck really badly right?

Well isn't this going nice? Reaver, what do you think LM AKira's guides are missing? I know you know that some things you must learn to apply yourself since we all face different opponents.

(apologies to the staff of the event who can't managed to attract all europeans GG players, even german players.)

Nice thought. Really the staff should bury themselves underground for not being able to host a tournament that would attract every player in europe. Sure, by your tone, this is a really easy thing to do. I'm sure you organized many GG tounaments with all the US players. Please, enlighten the world on how to choose a place that everyone can get to with little hassle and pick a date that suits everyone.

More fight, less talk. Especially when your talk is bullshit.

Nice thought. Really the staff should bury themselves underground for not being able to host a tournament that would attract every player in europe. Sure, by your tone, this is a really easy thing to do.

No, I was thinking about all players who said they come to the B3C (who knew the date of the event of course) and finnaly stayed at home few days before it.

HBS: so despite your colleagues thinking it was worth it to go there when they decided to go, you thought it was a waste of your time and money? Despite also hearing that most of the top teams were present there? You know, that if you say this is a waste of time, you imply you suck really badly right?

From the start I said "No, spending this money for a travel for a videogame competition, total non sense."

Arguing with you is stupid but believe me or not : Videogames isn't my life kid, and I think I m a better Order Sol player than you on the top of this.

Stop the hate, grow up.

Stop the hate? I remember you couldn't resist starting a flamewar on me... Actually, it started with something like "Ahahah". Did you also know that when going to these tournaments you don't just travel for competition? You travel to see people, have fun with them, play with them; the competition is just a tiny matter. If you want to live in your own world then go ahead, but then don't fucking bother me(and stfu).

Well isn't this going nice?

Reaver, what do you think LM AKira's guides are missing? I know you know that some things you must learn to apply yourself since we all face different opponents.

Its kinda what I said, other then that its hard to explain. People I see play start off with the wrong ideas and with the wrong basics and are impaired in places they shouldn't be.

But if you look at what I've covered, I'm basically focusing on the technicality of combos. I've never attempted to produce an all encompassing strategy guide for Order-Sol, I've placed emphasis on combos and how to perform them above all else. I have covered subjects like JI, fuzzy guard, ID but these are general concepts of the game. I have also covered subjects like ways of dealing with projectiles, some uses for FRCs, and oki options and these are just a small section of tactics particular to Order-Sol. The rest of the stuff is pure combos and how to do them. But I don't think it's right to tell people a text book way of how to play a character tho. You can show them things and talk about "Lv3 HOS players" and "Lv1 HOS players" or however you want to distinguish between players but I think people should find out their own play style. There is no right or wrong play style. If people are serious about the game they will evolve with their own style naturally anyway (so if they're consistently losing with the way they play, they'll adapt their game). That's why you can see definite differences between how 0 or Kaqn play or how Sekido and KZO play etc. They don't all rely on an a by-the-numbers textbook strategic formula to use the character.

No, its not about the styles, its about what those players got and don't use or use wrongly. For example, most new players try to spam specials against their opponent(and I make them quit that pretty quickly of course; sweep ftw).

Reaver : Honestly, it was more expensive to go to this event than in Sweden for me. I went there and enjoyed it but didn't go to Stuttgart because of a lack of money. Holy Bad Santa goes to events in France but he's not a student if I remenber well, and using days of rest to go to an event, expensive indeed, is kind of hard.

And for the "Top Teams", they weren't all here. Cuongster, Joe Higashi, Pentarou, Oro, Keev, Toto the barjo, Dream Maker, Byakougan, Baykou, Ryukim, KB, Zino, Mitsuomi... And in europe almost all the german players didn't come and only the most well knowed players came. From Sweden ? Yonasu for exemple as shinjin and Caer are leaving for Japan. From Finland with Lazze, Starfire, and many more didn't came.

It was the first international tournament for Cracker (who plays since reload but never came), Rudy, for Immoral flamme too I think...

So this event didn't have at all the top players. Some top french were there (Millia, Fallen, Mitsurugi, Nooj, Cracker) but they were among the most famous only, not the top of tops.

Nice thought. Really the staff should bury themselves underground for not being able to host a tournament that would attract every player in europe. Sure, by your tone, this is a really easy thing to do. I'm sure you organized many GG tounaments with all the US players. Please, enlighten the world on how to choose a place that everyone can get to with little hassle and pick a date that suits everyone.

More fight, less talk. Especially when your talk is bullshit.

You are a bit rude, but it's true that event, even if it started with a good mind, was a bit of a failure : no good TV at the beginning (and only 2), more french and Slovenia players than german players... When all the french dudes came, indeed to meet the germans as only ATG, Chunl1 and ACDHell are going to tournament outside germany and are knowed.

HBS is not saying that event was shit and organisators sucks. Only that it could have been better, and as he knows now what happend, he do not regret to pass. It's my case too.

I-no talk? All I got is, her air to air sucks, so if you stay above here she can't really hurt you unless she has half a bar tension. To get out of the mixups, all I got is IG and storm viper out, once she starts baiting there's no longer a guard string for you to block and you're home free.

Not that this belongs in this thread, but this feels like the most appropriate place to post it as of now:psyduck: The hos guides are fine IMO, they give you access to a good foundation of knowledge to start piecing together your own order sol, and that is all they really have to do. There is no way to win consistently(at least with order sol) by spamming strong tactics all the time. If Guilty Gear were that easy maybe us Americans(and Europeans I guess) wouldn't suck so much I guess. The real meat of what makes you a good player is your ability to read and react/predict your opponent after identifying patterns/tendencies in his game play, not being able to do a guardstring into a jied l1brp frc to a fuzzy guard. If your opponent doesn't let you get back in after ccing in a blockstring, thats when you start the devastating frame traps. If your opponent 1f jumps after blocking RI, punish that. Sure it's easy to write that stuff down, but read it as much as you want, that doesn't mean you'll start utilizing it. And when you can play in a way that forces your opponent to wait and react to you instead of spamming his strong tactic, you probably are doing it right. If I was going to change the guides, the only thing I would do is get rid out out of date material, or shift the out of date material to a new thread and call it "The Early Hours of AC Order Sol: When he was thought to be a beast".

Well, the only real guide we have is WUT's 101 primer for beginners. I would say this thread pretty much covers 80% of HOS combos you're most likely to see. What guides aren't good enough, the matchup discussions? How should they be improved?

WUT's 101 covers a good deal and it's all just about searching the forums (much work infact) for us Newbies. LM your guide covers more but I wished there'd be something that linked the basic information (WUT guide) with more advanced information.

To me it seemed something was missing after having read WUT's guide then moving onto other vast inforation on OR threads.

On Japanese Wiki, there is a guide for every character and a little part called 'learn xx(character name) in 3 days' and basically covers general information people should know with a certain character and as the days go on more difficult things are explained and shown.

Gradually, after having read all 3days' people will get a general idea of that character, their strengths, weaknesses what to do in certain situations and finally combos (go to combo for newbs etc)

I'll post a link.

This page is OR specific.

wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/%a5%a2%a5%af%a5%bb%a5%f3%a5%c8%a5%b3%a5%a2%a1%a1%c0%bb%b5%b3%bb%ce%c3%c4%a5%bd%a5%eb%a1%a1TOP

So I suggest information which would direct Newbies after they finish the MOST basic stuff.

Ha, if you think her movelist is difficult, wait until you have some idea of what it takes to actually use some of those moves.

Impossible on a D-Pad I am sure.

Sorry for the offtopic, but WTF?

Champion, who's main isn't even OS, which makes it even worse. He nerved out during the tournament though.

What.The.Hell? Dunno why the hell are you saying this. I haven't got a majority of my theory from you. Sorry to sound rude, but I don't think I actually got any of my theory from you. A lot of the time I spent arguing over pointless things with you, where your ideas were pretty awkward. Doing Rock It -> Fafnir doesn't mean i'm borrowing your theory. :toot:

You shouldn't have said this, really.

Sorry for the offtopic, but WTF?

What.The.Hell? Dunno why the hell are you saying this. I haven't got a majority of my theory from you. Sorry to sound rude, but I don't think I actually got any of my theory from you. A lot of the time I spent arguing over pointless things with you, where your ideas were pretty awkward. Doing Rock It -> Fafnir doesn't mean i'm borrowing your theory. :toot:

You shouldn't have said this, really.

Perhaps not on paper but your OS looks a LOT like mine:P You got several tricks that make yours unique but the general stuff is there. I don't even know why this is, its not like I'm the perfect example anyways:P

fkw12: what you explained(didn't see the example yet) is kinda what my intention is.

And the link is broken it seems.

Try this one. It should work?

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/%a5%a2%a5%af%a5%bb%a5%f3%a5%c8%a5%b3%a5%a2%a1%a1%c0%bb%b5%b3%bb%ce%c3%c4%a5%bd%a5%eb%a1%a1TOP

@BMShoe

Is your main, I-no? To be honest, I am really glad you could do that with a Standard Controller(You're very good by the way, at least in my eyes)

You see, I-no was the one that really got me into GG in the first place. Out of numerous characters of GG universe (all very flamboyant in their own style which is one of the best aspects of the game IMO), I-no's design was the one that really caught my eye.

As I progress with this game, I think eventually I'll want to play as I-no. You've shown me hope, it seems (heh). Thanks.

Perhaps not on paper but your OS looks a LOT like mine:P You got several tricks that make yours unique but the general stuff is there. I don't even know why this is, its not like I'm the perfect example anyways:P

Doesn't mean he used you as an example in the first place.

Seems I was totally mistaken, despite sharing both the same basic play Champion's way of learning it was not through me. Oh well, he was still the only one at the event(not counting Cue which seemed interesting but was playing really risky) that had proper basics like me. The guide is not a sure way to win, its an explanation on what options OS has in what situations, where the mind games are etc etc.