Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

reaVer, you're just a bit too full of yourself. Besides that, you're a nice guy. ;) Really, I don't think that anyone can copy someone's playstyle in GG. Sure, you can do some basic setups, but in the end noone can EVER emulate someone's style. If this actually happens this means that the original player sucks big time. He's so predictable that just anyone can tell what he's about to do. It's a thing that you can't be proud of. On the other side, the movelists and setups/mixups are quite limited for every char. So basically you could say that everyone is a copy of everyone (or in your case, everyone copies you, but you'd say that only everyone GOOD copies you :keke: ). We all just take from other stuf that we think is good and try to implement it in our game.

?:P You still haven't checked pm I suppose? Anyways, its not about copying my style, though surprisingly he is also a l1 player that opts to higher levels if he deems necessary(I mean, that's kinda the scary resemblance:P). Its about basics, the way he moves, things he does in general, that kind of stuff. Oh, and Champion could easily be better then me at OS if he learned his matchups:P

Speaking of I-no talk, I dropped her as my main and switched (back) to HOS.

Hyuuu :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay:

Now get a cool Order Sol Avatar lie us.

I-no's design was the one that really caught my eye..

Cause shes almost a whore >.>?! $p

Sorry to say it reaver but i must agree with him : you are a bit arrogant on this forum, and guys told me that you weren't that way during the tournament, kinda a cool and normal guy. As for the guides I agree with people : he is very good that way, and many other things you have to learn (Mostly for me the Hit confirm, the Dash Break and the psychological domination in a match) is coming with many matches and a good coach to help you. I really improve in pressing and pressure when Nooj learned me when I needed to gard and when my time has come to attack. And it's something a guide on a forum cannot do, in my opinion of course. Some told me you were fun to watch (too much dragons) but not a very good player, and taking a beat by 27 by Mitsurugi makes me feel that way. I heard that you were always doing Dash > Dragon and after that ask Mitsu "How did you know I was going to do this". Mitsurugi is possibly one of the most calm and zen players you can find in france, he's for many persons one of the most intelligent players, and you really have to think of HOW you can beat him, what ways you have to counter him. He is a player wich makes you progress. HolyBadSanta, Feilap (who was in stuttgart), and even myself can beat him even if he is more strong than us as we learn a lot from him and him from us. Taking a BB is not a big deal, but continue playing this much always the same way against a man knowed to be thinking and not change your way of playing do not make me feel you are enough skilled to make a guide, even a psychological guide of how to use dragons at wake up. I was not here to watch and relies on my friends players who liked you, but not your style of playing, and I totally trust them. And if you want to know how he did that, it's simple : we have players making as much dragons as you do in France, some are really good players (Ryukim), so counter this kind of playing is easy after a match, so when you have years of experience, it's cake. Ps : consider it not like a way of making fun of you, but an advice to progress. Next time think about how you can surprise your opponent and beat him. ;) It's better to think about yourself and your play before trying to teach others.

Arrogance? Hmmm, yeah, that one I hear a lot, can't really fix it. Again, asleep = autopilot and I didn't know what he was doing to begin with. Saturday morning I was a bit more consistent, though I could barely beat him yeah. As for SVs or my playstyle, you don't have to like it; I have to like it and that's it. Though I agree, SVs against Johnny are pretty much pointless most of the cases, though sometimes I saw a mistake from him with distancing and other times he was a weeeee bit predictable with trying to stop my attacks. Backdash 5K from Johnny is pretty strong against OS though, especially when mixed up with non backdash moves. The years before I actually barely SVed, for kinda like what you said, they were unsafe and what not. But learning to use them turns out to be key because it can take away 80% of some people's games. Though that goes by experience, not by theory:P EDIT: I remembered the case where I asked how he knew about my dash in SV, he kicked me out of 4 previous dashes so I went like, "fuck it, SV time" and he guarded.

SMH@ LM_Akira, Hatred Edge, and now RaptorIIC :(

No I-No love huh?

I still play her in casuals but it's hard when I have Jams and Mays and Slayers and Millias to play. Anyhow I need to do a lot more work on her combos and I'm currently mainly using Robo-Ky as a backup.

Oh and her air-to-air isn't that bad, j.P is pretty good and her air throw is awesome when used correctly.

ANYHOW!!!

In an attempt to stop the thread de-rail, let's talk about Lv3 BRP combos.

What to do people go for? If I land a standalone Lv3 BRP around midscreen I'll go for dash into dust loop to try and take them to the corner or a dash 5S©, 5HS HJ combo from a little further out. Occasionally I'll go for the Lv2 GB afterwards but I've already said I don't find it that consistent. Lv1 GB CK is even harder I find as you kinda have to kara the D after the BRP hits to avoid getting AC.

If I've done a gatling into Lv3 BRP I sometimes do Lv2 TR if I have bar and go for 6HS to secure knockdown. However I've found 6HS at the end of air combo doesn't necessarily give knockdown all the time, seems a little random to me (possibly people aren't teching and just take the knockdown but vs CPU in training, the dummy will tech out in a lot of situations).

Lazy man's lvl3 BRP combo: lvl3BRP, dash 5HS JC j.HS-D -> lvl2BRP Only works if you have enough charge stocked, but decent damage + knockdown, extremely simple. There are better options, though. EDIT: Just saw a similar combo in the guide, that one likely does more damage. This one is easier, though.

Depends on what side they end up on and on the distance, so it varies from sji combo to dustloop to 5H j.H-D,dj.D BRP. If the situation calls for it I might even do a l3TR after it. If you hit the l2SV in SV AC FRC l2SV mixup in the corner you can convert to dustloop. This makes it kind of a big thread in the corner since its counter mixup (SV AC FRC throw) also goes to dustloop.

Lazy man's lvl3 BRP combo:

lvl3BRP, dash 5HS JC j.HS-D -> lvl2BRP

Only works if you have enough charge stocked, but decent damage + knockdown, extremely simple. There are better options, though.

EDIT: Just saw a similar combo in the guide, that one likely does more damage. This one is easier, though.

Ah yeah the combo with dj.D at the end.

Need to test all this stuff and get it written up pronto.

Hyuuu :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay:

Now get a cool Order Sol Avatar lie us.

Since I'm at work, I'll use this lazy avatar until I can get home and find better pictures.

Try this one. It should work?

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/%a5%a2%a5%af%a5%bb%a5%f3%a5%c8%a5%b3%a5%a2%a1%a1%c0%bb%b5%b3%bb%ce%c3%c4%a5%bd%a5%eb%a1%a1TOP

@BMShoe

Is your main, I-no? To be honest, I am really glad you could do that with a Standard Controller(You're very good by the way, at least in my eyes)

You see, I-no was the one that really got me into GG in the first place. Out of numerous characters of GG universe (all very flamboyant in their own style which is one of the best aspects of the game IMO), I-no's design was the one that really caught my eye.

As I progress with this game, I think eventually I'll want to play as I-no. You've shown me hope, it seems (heh). Thanks.

Yea I-No is my main. To play I-No you have to have a complete understanding of all the games mechanics because with the exception of faultless defense cancel you'll constantly need to use them all. (Plus I-No has what? 10 FRC's to learn lol.) So perhaps learning Order-Sol first is a good option. I like OS alot more than normal Sol. The main reason I don't try to learn him is because I don't like the extra gauge management.

Akira, are you sure you're not getting an otg 6h the times they are teching? The way I understand it, any 6h is supposed to knock down.

A juggle 6H is untechable and knocks down with the speed of lightning and a OTG 6H does not knockdown and if it doesn't kill the opponent allows him to tech towards you and punish you.

Akira, are you sure you're not getting an otg 6h the times they are teching? The way I understand it, any 6h is supposed to knock down.

I will look into it more.

Last night I did Lv3 BRP, Lv2 TR, 6HS vs ABA to check things and got knockdown everytime I landed it. I remember a while back trying to use this combo vs Johnny once or twice and he tech'd after the 6HS, so yes it's possible I was actually hitting just otg with the 6HS, and hence he could tech out.

In an attempt to stop the thread de-rail, let's talk about Lv3 BRP combos.

What to do people go for?

I'll take a stab at it.. I think I'll be making some new vid's on my improvements this weekend.. But for now I have been theroy fighting in the traning mode the few chances I get.. I think I wrote about 34 papers in the last 3 weeks..

I went to a local turni and 2 of the best OS players were doing a lot of deep j.p, j.HS, land, -> what ever they want

So I started messing around with it and the lvl 3 BRP I did was:

j.p->j.hs->land->5k->5S->5HS->lvl3BRP->5S->JI->5HS->(Standard HJI air combo)

Thats the best I can do, can't always get it to connect but im workin on it...

Leme know if its stupid xD..

pfeh, not a lot here really, depends on what level you play on, on level 3 you could do something like 5S2S5H l3BRP with followup. On level 1 you can get 5S2S5H l1Ri at best(because the opponent is crouching). That latter doesn't have to be quite true, but I still have to test the other option.

If I have 75% meter, I will Fafnir after a successful 2HS RC and go to town, especially in the corner. Otherwise, I often just go for a chain into knockdown. There's just not a whole lot you can do without having Charge ready when you do this move.

Um yeah, I dash. You kinda have to. Usually you aren't close enough to just chain straight up, and the closer you are, the more hits you can get in with the chain. This is important to try and squeeze every bit of damage you can out of the combo.

What do you guys do after 2HS->RC? I theorize that id only use it on oki if I have over 50% tension.

I go for knockdown, but if I have level 3 at the same time i'll do

2HSRC -> 5S JI -> 5HS -> lvl3RI -> sj.HS -> j.D -> dj.HS -> dj.D -> lvl?BRP

If you have 25% and you get the lvl2BRP to come out at the end, you can ACFRC and tech trap, even though it's pretty hard to grab :eng101: