Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

[Accent Core] Order-Sol Combo Thread

It looks like 5H, sj.S-H-D BRP seems to land pretty consistently (Or at least it did for what little time I've gotten to try it). Does BRP still do comparable damage to SV? This is talking start-of-the fight, at level one, if you happen to get off an early Gunblaze. Even if BRP doesn't do as much damage, will the damage from the 5H make up for it? Either way, I'll check out this 5S version when I get a chance, but I won't be able to until I get my PS2 fixed. The 5H thing is just because I tend to try what looks cooler over whats more practical, but I'll probably end up using 5S just to be more efficient with landing the combo.

Fenrir I posted the exact combo you're talking about right at the top of this page. If you look at the first post in this thread you'll see I'm trying to compile all his useful combos into one place, it's got quite a few notes on GB there.

If you hit with a deep 5HS after a Lv1 GB you should still get a 2 hit SV...but it's best vs heavies, like Po (you wilI ALWAYS get a 2 hit SV on him because of his airborne hitbox).

The Slash bnb GB combo can work but it's pointless to use as all other followups give greater damage and it's too hard hitting with a straight hj.S on most chars (because of reasons given by Unimportant Guy).

2 hit Lv1 SV is always better damage than Lv1 BRP at the end of a combo, but again if you're in the position where SV would only hit once, BRP is the better option.

Also 5HS is only 1 hit now, maybe that's why it feels different to you.

Lastly some chars (e.g. Sol) seemingly can't be caught with a dash 5S© after Lv1 GB, in which case you can go for the 5HS combos or a straight dash j.HS, j.D, dj.HS, j.D, Lv1 SV/BRP which now works off normal GB hit.

If you're at Lv3 and with your back in the corner, you can do silly stuff like

(Lv3) Lv1 214S+D dash j.HS, j.D, Lv3 623HS ... corner combo

The corner combo can be a high jump one, jump install one, dash 5S© JC j.HS, j.D, dj.HS, j.D... etc just usual corner stuff.

Finally got to play a bit more now that my PS2 is fixed. As far as the Gunblaze combo goes, its pretty situational I've discovered. If you dash too close to the opponent before you use 5H, it'll stab too far past them and mess up your combo. So in most situations, 5S superjump works better. Also I recall reading a combo, maybe in this thread, where it used Level 3 Rock It into a Level 3 Storm Viper, but I tried doing that and his gauge drains too fast even if you AC his Rock It. Is it even possible to get two level 3's in the same combo, or will it always be Level 3-2-1? Not that I'm complaining at all, getting to Level 3 is retarded fast and I'm loving it. I'm also looking to work on what I can do with Charge cancelling stuff, combo wise I'm talking. So far the only thing I've done is shit I've already seen in match vids, like 5S CC pressure and 2D counterhit CC 5S 5H aircombo. Seems like his moves are too fast though to even bother CCing in a combo aside from those two instances, especially due to the fact that most of the normals you would want to CC, you can already cancel into something more useful (i.e. jump cancelling 5H).

You have to have max level 3, buffer a JC into the last hit of the Rock It and immediately do Storm Viper, you should get a level 3. On counter hit, 5HS CC is godly. You get ridiculous followups on both ground and airborne opponents. You can also do silly ground-based links with it even on normal hit. An example would be after hitting CH 2S-6HS RC, dash up with 5HS CC, then 5S-5HS -> level 1 Rock It or something similar. Works more easily on crouching characters, but as long as you have dashing momentum, it will work on most standing characters as well. The above combo does over 200 pts of damage on Ky.

Oddest thing: I'm having trouble HJC after Rock It lvl3. Sometimes I get almost at random and sometimes I don't resulting in a storm viper lvl2 combo. When do I inout the super jump? I input the jump near the end of the upper. And for the j.HS,j.D,jc.HS,j.D after gunblaze...this is corner only? Cuz j.D sends people fying into the corner thus making it harder to land SV and BRP.

It shouldn't be that hard to pull of sj canceling lvl.3 GB. You might be trying to sj too early. once you see your opponent go airborne for a little bit, you should be able to sjc the lvl.3 GB and go after them to do your combo. As for the GB combo, you shouldn't need the corner for it. Run towards the opponent after launching them with GB and wait for them to fall a bit. Your running momentum should allow you to complete the combo and end with sv. Some characters like May, Eddie, and Vemon have odd hit boxs in the air, so you may need to delay your jump a bit longer to get the whole combo out. If you are trying for the HSD loop, that would require the corner.

The end of lvl3 RI is like gattling properties. You super jump cancel right as the third hit of it hits them like you would for standing slash or standing heavy slash.

For the characters it works against, in the corner 6P, 5S© JI 5HS HJC hj.HS, j.D, dj.HS, j.D, Lv1 236K works better than the old Slash combo (is more consistent) and does more damage too (191 on standard chars instead of 180 or something around there). Note that even tho HOS's 5S(f) now has a totally different animation, the old Slash 6P combo is still possible, just that the above one works better in my experience. I still need to work out everyone it works against tho. Hatred Edge I should have a vid in the mix within the next 2 weeks or so hopefully, then you might see how the timing is for the GB combo you're talking about.

6p combo works on almost everyone except May, Jam, Dizzy*, Baiken, and A.B.A**. For the first four, just don't do j.s during the super jump and start with j.hs into usual combo instead. for A.B.A, the / combo works best since she seems to fall faster than others if you use 5hs instead. *AC 6p combo does work, but timing is so tricky, your better off doing the combo for May, Jam, and Baiken. **for the AC 6p combo to work, after using 6p you must run at her to keep her in the corner, and delay 5s to connect just before she can recover.

For the characters it works against, in the corner

6P, 5S© JI 5HS HJC hj.HS, j.D, dj.HS, j.D, Lv1 236K

works better than the old Slash combo (is more consistent) and does more damage too (191 on standard chars instead of 180 or something around there). Note that even tho HOS's 5S(f) now has a totally different animation, the old Slash 6P combo is still possible, just that the above one works better in my experience. I still need to work out everyone it works against tho.

Hatred Edge I should have a vid in the mix within the next 2 weeks or so hopefully, then you might see how the timing is for the GB combo you're talking about.

That is the old slash corner combo you mentioned. S©,S(f),sj.S-H-D,dj.H-D,BRP came about later on.

As for AC: 6P,5H,j.H-D,S©,sj.S-H-D,dj.H-D,l1BRP is what I advise, as to my knowledge it works on every character now.

That is the old slash corner combo you mentioned. S©,S(f),sj.S-H-D,dj.H-D,BRP came about later on.

As for AC: 6P,5H,j.H-D,S©,sj.S-H-D,dj.H-D,l1BRP is what I advise, as to my knowledge it works on every character now.

Yes that's true but kaqn was using the 5S© JI 5S(f) HJC hj.S... etc combo for quite a while in Slash which is why I considered it to be the "best" old Slash combo (i.e. it was the only one I went for barring some chars) and it also baits burst better than using 5S© JI 5HS.

But I've not tried that other combo, thanks for mentioning it, I take it you're 939-ing off the 5S© alone?

yup, as always:) S©, S(f) used to be better in /. Iit's just inconsistent in AC, and all things considered, I'd rather have the old l2BHB and the old S(f) back.

I like the new S(f) as far as controlling space. Just not good for combos anymore. People are just gonna have to learn to live without the old BHB. The new one is still useful in close-range fights for applying pressure and it actually has stronger combo applications now. Anyone else experimenting with 5HS CC links? You can get a lot on crouching opponents.

Even for controlling space it's just slow, you're still better off with 2S and l1Ri, especially since l1Ri causes slide on hit now it's a good staple move for those situations. S-H-CC,2S-H,l3BRP,H,j.H-D,j.H-D, BRP I'm unable to combo into l3 rock it after the second H, will try other variations soon enough.

Even for controlling space it's just slow, you're still better off with 2S and l1Ri, especially since l1Ri causes slide on hit now it's a good staple move for those situations.

Um, S(f) is faster than level 1 Rock It, still chains to 6HS on CH for a chunk and you can still RC there for a simple big-damage combo. It also has a better hitbox than level 1 Rock It (covers jumps better), the only advantage behind using Rock It is the fact that it travels forward and is advantage on block, but you can't even really take advantage of that unless you are already close when you do the move, an application that isn't as good as it was in Slash due to the reduced speed of the move (not to mention that we're talking about the ranged application).

S-H-CC,2S-H,l3BRP,H,j.H-D,j.H-D, BRP

I'm unable to combo into l3 rock it after the second H, will try other variations soon enough.

You could probably combo level 3 Rock It if you had some dashing momentum and the other guy was crouching. The 2S link after 5HS CC is pretty tricky.

Easiest link would probably be 5K on crouchers, plus 5K-5HS is a combo on crouching characters, so you get something like 5HS CC, 5K-5HS -> Rock It or Bandit Revolver. On a standing opponent you could probably get 5HS CC into 5K-2D for an easy knockdown.

After level 3 BRP you should be able to hit a dashing j.HS if your distance is correct, that would lead to a nice loop (j.HS-D, dj.HS-D, land 5S into whatever).

l1Ri has invincibility, frame advantage and good recovery on whiff:P I've been able to combo l3Ri vs standing slayer, but it barely works. A more fun combo: forcebreak*[1-4](depending on location)l3Ri with follow up, does shitloads of damage and it's pretty easy. I've attempted the runjump version on Jam, but it's VERY inconsistent.

l1Ri has invincibility

NO. No no no no. Wrong.

frame advantage and good recovery on whiff:P

Frame advantage, yes. See what I said above on that. At a range, the frame advantage doesn't mean anything because once they block it, you are out of range where you could do anything with it aside from *gasp* S(f)! Good recovery on whiff = no, it just seems like that because he's moving, sort of like a whiffed Mappa from Slayer.

I've been able to combo l3Ri vs standing slayer, but it barely works. A more fun combo: forcebreak*[1-4](depending on location)l3Ri with follow up, does shitloads of damage and it's pretty easy.

You can also do 5HS after FB and combo into level 3 BRP for a juggle; they get launched so high from that, you can AC the BRP and still juggle with a 5K as they bounce off of the wall. On heavier characters or longer distances where you may have to run up a bit, 2S-5HS -> BRP will also work, though that has a stricter timing to get both hits of the BRP to juggle.

I've attempted the runjump version on Jam, but it's VERY inconsistent.

I've gotten it to work pretty easily on Ky with the correct distance.

l1Ri has invincibility, it strikes quite odd, but it simply has an invincible region which is reasonably large, it kinda works like a 6P in that aspect. A good example is vs Anji's super where Anji hops up and then smashes the ground spinning, if the l1Ri was underway Anji will be hit out of the super. I-no's psycho crusher(:D) is no exception to this either. The frame advantage is just what makes it a good staple move, it doesn't allow for direct setups, but the l1Ri and run in mixup is enough to annoy your opponent, add the 2S for CHs and you're looking at 2H6H combos(not as directly as 5S(f)6H, but still). The recovery on whiff may not be superb or anything, but compare that to S(f) and you should agree that l1Ri is harder to retaliate against then 5S(f). As for the combos I'll try em out.

l1Ri has invincibility, it strikes quite odd, but it simply has an invincible region which is reasonably large, it kinda works like a 6P in that aspect. A good example is vs Anji's super where Anji hops up and then smashes the ground spinning, if the l1Ri was underway Anji will be hit out of the super. I-no's psycho crusher(:D) is no exception to this either.

If level 1 Rock It had actual invincibility, it would have been listed somewhere in data a long time ago. THE MOVE IS NOT INVINCIBLE. What you may be experiencing is a matter of hitboxes lining up in certain ways such that Rock It is beating certain moves, but this has nothing to do with actual invincibility.

Repeat, LEVEL 1 ROCK IT HAS NO INVINCIBILITY. DO NOT POST THIS ANYWHERE AGAIN.

The frame advantage is just what makes it a good staple move, it doesn't allow for direct setups, but the l1Ri and run in mixup is enough to annoy your opponent, add the 2S for CHs and you're looking at 2H6H combos(not as directly as 5S(f)6H, but still).

The advantage is +3 on normal block; at certain ranges you cannot do anything with this. Due to the way Rock It works (ie it doesn't travel a set distance, he just stops where it gets blocked), there will be times where you will do it and you don't really have any viable offensive options after they block it. This gets even worse if they IB since then you are at 0 and can't do anything. At range it's really only good for a CH fish and closing distance a little, the frame advantage on block doesn't amount to anything. Since we are talking about specific ranged applications, you cannot state frame advantage as a general advantage.

The recovery on whiff may not be superb or anything, but compare that to S(f) and you should agree that l1Ri is harder to retaliate against then 5S(f).

Only if you don't space S(f) correctly. Do it right and it's extremely hard to punish a whiffed one because of how far away you are.

The main advantage S(f) has over Rock It is speed and the space that it covers. People can just jump away from Rock It in many situations, whereas a no-FD jump loses to S(f). S(f) also has higher potential damage behind it, level 1 Rock It is just a knockdown at best unless you have them cornered and are close to begin with.

A good example is vs Anji's super where Anji hops up and then smashes the ground spinning, if the l1Ri was underway Anji will be hit out of the super.

I think this is just the case of Anji having a vunerable hitbox on the lower part of his body. I've seen Anji do this super and land on top of May's 3K and get CH!! lol

In fact here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi4BVyyw5w8

The vid I made for a joke but the Anji thing is right at the very end.

So either he has a miniscule hitbox on his lower body OR he has a vunerable hitbox there.

5HS CC links for ground combos are awesome. I was doing it with 5K before I came back in here and read about being able to link 5S©, which made it even more worthwhile. It's not particularly practical unless you've got running momentum or you're right in their face, but it's still nice to take a knockdown off a 5HS without using any Charge. P.S: An Epic CH combo (not practical, so don't go fishing for this CH). (Opponent on Ground) CH 5HS CC 6HS RC running 5HS CC 5S©, 5HS xx Lvl3 BRP, very slight delay 5HS JC j.HS, j.D djc j.HS j.D xx Lvl1 BRP. 300+ Damage on Testament. :toot: