Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Ragna the Bloodedge

Tbb3uYo.gif

Bad puppy. No treat for you.

If he messes up, get in his face and beat him into the ground. You're both going to be trying to get up close, so be careful on how you approach. It almost feels like a mirror match. If he's fond of using ID on wakeup and you feel like burning meter, you can use the Super Counter to take him down a notch.

That's odd but amazing. I'm so used to seeing that counter get blown up by almost everything to the point I completely stopped using it.

Damn that puppy can bite pretty hard

If you get pressured by him in the corner and you are below 50 heat you will have a hard time

He can go for anything at this time

Also his DP seems to beat any type of (bullshit) mixup we have

Damn that puppy can bite pretty hard

If you get pressured by him in the corner and you are below 50 heat you will have a hard time

He can go for anything at this time

Also his DP seems to beat any type of (bullshit) mixup we have

This is actually the match-up I struggle with the most. Ragna has far superior footsies and we pretty much have to hard bait ID to be in any kind of position to punish it. Best advice I can give is if they're DP happy do some 5D > 2D in your strings to keep them honest. If they mash DP 2D will counter hit and you can get a pretty juicy combo. Also 5C(1) > RC > j.C(3) > 2B is a gapless high-low fuzzy that they can't mash DP through so use it until they show they can react to it instead of mashing ID.

I agree about Ragna's footsies in this matchup. I played this matchup a few times and there's just times where...idk, I get bitchslapped.

Kick a dog enough times, its going to bite back.

I've fought a lot of Terumi's with Ragna, your general game plan is to get in and stay in. I know that's easier said than done given Ragna's superior neutral game, but ya'll got dat new 5D buff. You can confirm that 236D and get knockdown pretty quick. 

If he locks you down, don't use the counter, seriously don't, it sucks against Ragna; he can divide through it, grab it, or 6D it. If you have to use a reversal, use either CA or Soutenjin.

Most every Ragna I've fought has taught me not to press buttons. His range is way better than ours, but it's especially noticeable if you're throwing 5d at him from a distance to pressure. He can 5c for the same effect on you, but he doesn't get the huge hitbox extension we do. I've been hit out of 5d with his 5c and hells fang. His 5b has hit me out of j2d.

Being close is suuuuuper important. Ragna has a sweet spot where you'll eat counterhits for trying anything. Gtfo that area when you find it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I agree, in most situations he will be on advantage

Now today was a harsh experience, a Ragna player who plays safe and mostly outranges me in neutral and doesn't let go in his pressure

Plus if he found that one frame he needed to DP during my pressure he would press it

I was eating DP a lot, it was crazy

Okizeme was painfull too since he could DP half of my shit

It's not easy to win, you have to make use of every mistake Ragna makes (and let me tell you he didn't screw up most of the time)

Also beeing close to him always make me anxious because of his DP option

"Should I start pressure? Or go for a DP bait? OMG I am so confused!" - my brain literally

Also don't do 5C > 2C string, he can DP inbetween

And when he finds out that he can 5A our j.2D (outside of 5C(1) > j.2D) you will hate him even more

He can catch pretty much any jump ins with 5d if there's a small distance between you.

I feel like the match up is mostly mind games on Terumi's part. Ragna can mess up with little consequence, can dp most anything, and capitalizes on Terumi's mistakes for pretty good damage.

Maybe the best plan is to play hit and run? 5D and jD to poke him lower on health, then let him come to you?

PS3 tag: meester_muuffin

Try really hard to bait an Inferno Divider, as it's a free fatal and 5.7k if you have 50% meter,  6-9k if you have OD available.

Our 5B is so godlike in this matchup.

His 5B gets counterpoked even at max range.

His 5C gets counterpoked just short of max range.

2D beats it from far out.

Yeah don't be afraid to play neutral. You can definetely compete here. Be sure to bait out dps. Watch out for j.C. Demand respect from your opponent. The win goes to whoever can play better neutral than the other. Pretty even if you ask me.