Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guymam

[CP] Terumi vs. Valkenhayn R. Hellsing

In my (limited) experience, you're on even footing as far as neutral goes. He can't really rush in on you unless you let him. His air approach with j.c is good, but so is our 6a. He has long pokes (5c I think? The wolf leg kick?), but 5d is faster. You can outpoke him with 5d and j.d (if you jumped first, don't air to air with it).

The problem comes from wolf form. If he's on you with wolf form...get out however you can. Soutenjin, messenga, counter super (haven't tested vs wolf), 6a...pretty much need meter.

Learn where they wolf cancel and make them pay for it. Lots of valks seem to run a block string ending with the shoulder dash -> wolf cancel -> wolf mixup. You can 5a when they wolf cancel and poke out.

I guess the best way to go about it is to use d to poke (see what I did there? ) and build meter (blocked or not). When you have enough to feel comfortable, pressure harder or let them in to catch wolf cancels. He's about as bad under pressure without meter as we are.

Haven't fought lots of valks, nor have I fought particularly skilled ones that I can remember, so it's just me thinking out loud.

PS3 tag: meester_muuffin

Neutral is very important in this matchup. Most of the valkenhayns I've played tend to rush in with 6d, but Terumi's 5A beats that completely. Valkenhayn has poor mobility compared to most of the cast, so play neutral until you can get in, and once you do, continue to pressure him. Just like Axle said, he's about as bad under pressure without meter as we are.

However when he has meter, watch out for his 632146D. This is really his only reversal besides Counter Assault. Just pay attention and block it if they use it as its extremely punishable. 

Valkenhayn has poor mobility compared to most of the cast

whatchu talking bout willis

XIII blades, let me be the first to say that you have not been fighting any Valkenhayn worth his salt and you are spreading misinformation for this very reason.

Do cease.

There is not much I can say about this matchup that makes it sound reasonable for Terumi. All I can say is j.D and 6A are pretty good against Valk. j.D in particular drives me up the freaking wall.

If you are playing Valks that cancel Nacht Jaeger into command dash on block, you arent playing very good Valks. A good Valkenhayn will typically start mixup from a blocked w.5A or h.5B and only use command dash after select normals, not specials.

But yeah, Valk kind of runs a train on Terumi. Its probably the easiest matchup in the game for Valk IMO.

Valkenhayn has poor mobility compared to most of the cast

will-smith-the-fuck.gif

No offense man, but you must be fighting some pretty shitty Valks.

Neutral is very important in this matchup. Most of the valkenhayns I've played tend to rush in with 6d, but Terumi's 5A beats that completely. Valkenhayn has poor mobility compared to most of the cast, so play neutral until you can get in, and once you do, continue to pressure him. Just like Axle said, he's about as bad under pressure without meter as we are.

However when he has meter, watch out for his 632146D. This is really his only reversal besides Counter Assault. Just pay attention and block it if they use it as its extremely punishable. 

I'm not going to beat the "wtf Valk has limited mobility" dead horse (even if I did laugh my head off), but I will state that if you're playing Valks who just run in with 6D, it's time to upgrade training partners.  That being said, I'd advise all Terumis (and this should be a Golden Rule for the entire cast) STAY OUT OF THE CORNER.  You WILL be instantly vortexed by any Valk with half a brain if you have no meter.  

That being said, be very careful about mashing while in mix up pressure.  5A might sound tempting, but all it takes is one wrong guess and you're in the corner.  I wish I could provide offensive input but I don't play Terumi, sorry....

My bad, I meant that Valkenhayn has low mobility outside of his wolf form, and I assumed this is why they all rushed in with 6D. And Skye you're right about me not playing any decent Valkenhayns. I've only played a few different ones so everything I stated previously are things that I picked up in those matches.

not too easy, but... -get in on valkenhayn ASAP. -sit on 50 heat, for emergencies. -use your own good running and superjump speed to avoid sticky situations. do not corner yourself. run alot, you need the positioning. -6c should beat wolf ground approaches (no reward if starter is 1st or 2nd hit even ch without heat) and may avoid angled ones, but he may be able to punish from the air. and ground if blocked. but don't not use it just because it's punishable, it's actually ok to use a little more here. don't forget it can be RC'd anytime. -5d and jd are ok. try to be good length above valk if using jd in neutral. watch for j214b, beast cannon. [w]ja/b or human normals should not be able to touch you if done correctly. small notes.