Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LunaKage

The NEW Michigan Thread - Salt Mines and People Power! ... Kupo.

I have never seen anyone run out of a room that fast. Also GGs to everyone that bodied me.

How can I find you guys at youma. We'll definitely play. I just got to play CP for 8 hours today and I caved and got a JP PSN to buy it myself. It's at 25% right now.

Bang literally does so much fucking damage in this game its absurd. I'm not even doing OD combos yet. Apparently he's bad because everyone else is even more stupid rip.

We can always exchange phone numbers if it'll help keep in touch.

We should run a Ougon side tourney at youmacon!

Rosa vs Rosa grand finals the new Third Strike Chun Li vs Ken

Yo, so anyone else in Michigan preordered BBCP and not had it arrive yet? I preordered waaaay back in March, so if it's just me I'mma gonna get worried.

I'm super pumped for Youmacon, but if it doesn't arrive soon people there are gonna blow me out of the water.

Yo, so anyone else in Michigan preordered BBCP and not had it arrive yet? I preordered waaaay back in March, so if it's just me I'mma gonna get worried.

I'm super pumped for Youmacon, but if it doesn't arrive soon people there are gonna blow me out of the water.

Everyone got the digital download, except me, and my copy came in right on time.

See you guys Thursday Night at Youmacon!

Yo Miller, what we drinking?

I was told by my friend Nate that thursday night would be mad BB casuals in our hotel room at the ren center. Millers name was mentioned.

Tweet me some room numbers when you guys get in there and get settled, gonna be bored until like 7 or 8 when they open the game room so I can play initial d

We should run a chaos code side tourney at youmacon!

Now I really regret not going. I'd have two tourneys to take everyone's money in!

Katz you just HAD to go and get me interested in Terumi, didn't you?

All of his moves look so violently satisfying.

Good seeing everyone at Youmacon! Unfortunately I couldn't bring home the gold for (East) MI. Also apologies for dodging everyone in BBCP the entire weekend lol. I'll be at MMM tonight and maybe casuals Friday if people wanna play.

Shoutouts to LunaKage (LOL @ saturday night shenanigans). Shoutouts to blakmaphia and the BBCP hotel adventure we went on. Shoutouts to axis for saying you wanted to play me and then not playing me (Fuck Azrael anyway). Shoutouts to Lumin. You definitely get the most improved player award out of people that I met at Michigan Masters 2 years ago.

Long post

So there's some shit I've been working on and prepping for the last little while concerning casuals and I think it's a good enough time to lay the ideas out on the table to see if people actually want them or not. Here we go.

Firstly, one dollar entry winner takes all bbcp tournies with a pot bonus of 10 bucks brought by yours truly. Pretty sure this has been discussed often as iirc toasty used to due them, but I'm willing I do the work to set up and run these weekly, and put in the pot. If this happens, I will set up the back room as a dedicated tournament/stream setup and make it happen. which brings me to my next point.

It would be kind of a waste to run a stream setup for one tournament, and while the majority of the scene is bb at its core, a lot of us play different games as well. So I was thinking a second tournament, that rotates between GG, cc, and p4. I can't throw pot bonuses on two games, but I also don't want this to cost a dollar to enter. It is my hopes that in having these tournaments be free to enter, people will actually try the games. Now, this doesn't mean there won't be a prize of course. It just won't be money. The prize could be literally almost anything, ill keep it a mystery until the winner... Wins.

Now, another thing that I would personally like... Is a third tournament, a mystery game tourney. Don't know how many of you know this but I love fighting games. Almost ALL fighting games. So I have a shitload of them. But being the fickle anime scene, we play but a mere fraction. I want to change this. Prize and cost would be the same as above, free to enter with a mystery prize.

Now moving on, we come to what I need from YOU.

1)make sure you bring your fucking stick and play on it, don't wanna hear that "this stick sucks" bullshit

2) I'd would be nice if everyone brought 5 bucks for food. I get its hard, most of us are pretty hard up for cash, but it's -5 dollars- and if everyone brought that we could ALWAYS get hella food. Not gonna be mad if you guys can't do this, but think about it.

3) if we want this all to be as good as possible I'm going to need axis to actually show up at 430 or 5 with his lol so we can get good footage on an actual monitor. OR, we can run the shit on a CRT. I won't care, because I'm about that Payless life, but for some reason all you dicklords need inherent monitor lag or else it's not good and you complain. W/e. pick your poison, making axis show up or playing the CRT matchup.

4) it would also be cool if you wanted to donate a prize for one of the other tournies. I can do this if noone wants to however, it's not hard to go to the dollar store and buy a one dollar fake wrestling champ belt

Anyways that's it. Give me thoughts. Might be more revision later.

it's not hard to go to the dollar store and buy a one dollar fake wrestling champ belt

They normally cost around 15, and yes I've had this idea before and will totally not stop until I've won a Wrestling Belt.