Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Battle Fantasia: Combos, Strategy, Discussion

Cedric Coombo!!! Necrosis, you gave me a hell of a start but I've kicked his DMG up a notch. =P 6+G, Heat, J.C, 2[D], Sonic Boom, Dropkick, FlashKick A few things to note- Heat activation takes no animation during 6+G! Use a forward Super Jump. The Arc is exactly like Anji and helps spacing significantly. Charge 2 as soon as you leave the ground Buffer D from sweep to use dropkick. 2D has mega start-up frames and cancels after the active frames.. kinda takes getting used to. 322 DMG for that alone Super can replace final hit for style points. It may be in our best interest to finish with another 2D unless you are still in heat and get the extra DMG onteh flshkick =? needs more testing... I don't own this game....

Play marco like a shoto. A fireball combos into C fireball at fullscreen for a knockdown, shit's TOO good and gives him a weak HADOOKEN trap, but his fireball game overall is SUPER good. DP is a DP. Cancels into both supers, but just do shoryureppa. 6D I think, the spring off the sword kick them into the wall move, combos into DP -> lightning super for HUGE damage. overheads are goooood. I don't remember what they are, though. And on freed, he plays like balrog. Like... exactly like balrog minus the super, plus other supers.

Is there a strategy for playing FACE. Also what is the tier list of the game. By the look of this it looks like cedric is top tier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmlfDaLxvA

Now in this video the FACE player seem some sort of strategy when playing against freed. Well anyway this game looks great. I'm probably going buy it soon. If anyone one is willing to play me give me message. Or send for friendrequest on Xboxlive GT: Nerodemonslayer.

Thanks See Ya.

Tier list is basically Cedric > Ashley > Everyone else. There's no real 'bottom tier' as everyone is decent and useful, but Cedric is definitely the best in the game and Ashley is also very good. Overall a very balanced game. Face is a bit of an oddball character. He isn't that fast, not that strong, has no DP, and doesn't have great pokes. Despite that, he's not bad, just very odd to play, and I find that his style tends to vary a LOT depending on who he is playing against. Unfortunately I really need to get a lot more practice in to be able to write up any serious guide for him, all I've got is a big list of combos right now.

Hey blood do you necessary need speed to overcome your opponent in battle fantasia. By the looks of it you don't. I will agree with you the looks very balanced, at least it's not Marvel v.s.Capcom 2.Tatsunoko v.s. Capcom might be the same way I'm hoping not. Anyway thanks for the Info.

Freed plays like Balrog/Boxer, ie hes a charge character.

[4]6A/C is his dash punch

[4]6B/D//[D] is his dash overhead/low mixup move.

[2]8A/C is his "DP" move.

combos are pretty straightforward, I don't think I had a problem figuring them out.

j.D [4],B,C,6C is a pretty good starting place.

ones of gatchi are a little more interesting, but still pretty easy.

Oh, also fuck Cedric, what a cheap asshole top tier character.... lol and easy to play as.

.... I guess I should play as him.

trying to pick up Odile and Urs,

is there anything better to do with Odile than 2B,5C,214C or 214A into Super?

and what the fuck do i do with Urs, he seems bad to me, at least Marco seems better...

but a Lightsaber Chainsaw is too hot.

Urs got a lot of really good shit actually. Really nasty punish from full screen, easy hit confirm combos, really good overheads and mixups. Some good frametraps too. Cedric is cheap but just learn to Gatchi and Drive his stuff and he's a lot less threatening. Since he is in your face all the time and all of his stuff is 1-hit, he's not that hard to parry. There is a good writeup and discussion on Freed on one of the last pages on the SRK thread now actually as well.

Hey I got the game and it is great I just need some practice with someone to better at. Yea I know I can play online but not of the japanese player play. Also Face is not too odd to play, but I would say this that his movement is not too bad it's decent if you know how to use it. Anybody got some combos face let me know. Well See ya.

For the ppl keep asking to play online i sent space_chief a friend invite but he declined so oh well. I also sent jais over there on srk a pm and it seems like he didnt get it yet. What I basically said was send me a message over aim telling me you wanna play so I know when to get on.

Here's my current combo list with Face but it's far from perfect or anything. Damage is VS Olivia when listed. I haven't got any CH combos here yet either, there's some extra stuff you can do with that.

Heat Up shots are referred to as:

Low = 236C

Mid = 236A

High = 214A

Over = 214C

Basics

2A 2B 623B, 623B/D

2B 236A 236236C

5D 236A (236236C)

c.5C 214A 236A (236236C)

236C 214A 236A (236236C)

214C 623A, 623B, 623B/D (Only works on some characters)

(236C) 623A, 623B, 623B/D

High Gatchi Drive

(0 any) j.C |> 5D 236[A], 623B, 623D (792)

(0 mid to corner) j.C |> 236A 214C 236C, 623D (1050)

(1 any) j.C |> 214C 236C 236236A (1152)

(1 mid to corner) j.C |> 236A 214C 236C 236236A/C (1294/1357)

(2 mid to corner) Heat Up j.C |> 623B, 5D Mid Over, (Mid)*3 Over, 66 623A, 236236A (1590)

Low Gatchi Drive

(0 any) 66, j.C |> 5B c.C 5C 623B, 623D (1067)

(0 any) 66, 66, c.C 5C 2C 623B, 623D (1232) [Doesn't work on Olivia?]

(1 any) 66, j.C |> 5B c.C 5C 236A 236236C (1314)

(1 any) 66, 66, c.C 5C 2C 236A 236236C (1401) [Doesn't work on Olivia?]

(1 near corner) Heat Up, 66, 66, c.C 5C 2C, Low Mid Over, Mid, Mid Over, 66 623D (1414)

(2 any) Heat Up, 66, 66, c.C 5C 2C, Low Mid Over, Mid, Mid Over, 236236A/C (1793)

Heat Up

(any) Low Mid Over, Mid Over, Mid/High

(any) Over, Mid Over, Mid Over, Mid/High

(corner) Low Mid Over, Mid Mid Over, 66 623D

(corner) Over, Mid Over, Mid, Mid Over, 66 623D

(3-shots corner) Low Mid Over, 66 623A, 623D

(3-shots corner) Over, Mid Over, 66 623A, 623D

Low Gatchi Drive

(1 near corner) Heat Up, 66, 66, 5C 5C 2C, Low Mid Over, Mid, Mid Over, 66 623D (1414)

u can also do if u have 3 bars , heat up, dash in, 5c, 5c, 2c, mid, high, mid, 623b, 236236A(1-hit) , mid, high, 236236b/d

also CH 2C, 236A(hold), 623D

his bnb high gachi drive is J.C, 236a, 623B, 236a,623B if in corner u can do 623D instead. But since u can hit freed with 623b, 623d midscreen u can do the 623D. he is the only char u can do 623b to 623d midcreen.

low gachi bnb dash in 5a , 5b ,5d, 623B, 623B(623d in corner)

another thing is you can end his heat up combos with 236236A if you trying to kill the opponent.

his bnb high gachi drive is J.C, 236a, 623B, 236a,623B if in corner u can do 623D instead. But since u can hit freed with 623b, 623d midscreen u can do the 623D. he is the only char u can do 623b to 623d midcreen.

I saw this on the Japanese wiki but my combo seems to do more damage. You always get the 623D, even at mid screen, with my high combo, and there are stronger ones you can do if you are near the corner so you wouldn't use that there anyway. You may be right VS Freed though since you always get that 623D on him.

I think my Low dash in does more damage than that one too but I haven't tried it specifically so I'll give it a whirl later when I have the xbox to try it on.

Give mine a try if you would and compare damage and see if I'm wrong.