Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AtTheGates

Battle Fantasia: Combos, Strategy, Discussion

OOO yea sorry about that. I forgot to look there. Anyway I 'm in th progress of learning how to play fighting games. By the looks of all these moves they look hard to do what do you have advice on learn how to get better. Also why is it that the progress of getting better take so long. I have been playing GG for 6 months now I and I see improvement, but not much. What does it take to be the best. I think it's the power to believe. What can you say to a rookie learning how to play ? P.S. Thanks for your information on face.

A good controller is helpful. 360 is a really bad pad to play on as the D-Pad will drop diagonals like a champ. PS3 pad is not bad. Sticks are great but expensive and you need to find one you like and then get used to that of course. You can get a Hori EX2 stick pretty cheap which is not a bad place to start. Aside from that it's a lot of practice and play. Gotta get used to doing the motions properly and knowing when to use what moves. You really need players around your skill level to help... you can play them to help learn the game, and help work on your timing and execution and gameplans and all that. Player experience is essential and you can't really replace it no matter how much training mode you do. It also really helps if you can find a player who is better than you to play against, so you can learn from watching and playing against him.

Am I to understand that this game is not coming out for the PS3 in America?

I don't know about that anymore at first I saw this http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21910

Battle Fantasia didn't see a release for the American PS3. What's the reason for that? Was it Sony's decision?

(nervous laughter)

KS: That's a tough one to answer...

I thought so.

But then I saw this.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=25198

I'm just getting into this game and I want to get some help with Marco, Coyori and Odile. Like what setups are good for Marco, what are his matchups like? How to get the most damage out of Coyori's Cat Storm super are her ground crossover moves any good? Odile, is her baton spin super worth using at all or should I just stick to her air super for max damage?

For Coyori, the Cat Storm super you just mash for extra hits. You can wiggle the stick and hit all of the buttons, including Gatchi (I think??). You will also get a truckload of extra hits if you are in Heat Up when you do it, but that's 2 bars obviously. To be honest, I don't really like her ground cross-over move at all. It's very slow and I almost ALWAYS get hit out of it. Maybe you can condition people into getting hit by it, but there isn't really any big payoff for hitting it so... I dunno why you'd bother. She has very good mixups otherwise so I usually just stick to those. Marco what you really want to learn is to use his pokes well. He can get a wallbounce with one of his normals (I think it's standing D?) which you can get free damage off of. Whats real good is his Heat Up. The dragon can be used to do very nasty mixups, and you can actually hit with the dragon during your throw. IE you can knock someone down, heat up, do the dragon attack where it flies across the screen, but throw them before it actually hits. I'd check some match vids on nico for some other better setups as well.

Forgot how easy odile was to play. Those were all the things I did when we actually played the game, but does she have any complicated combos or anything?

I am finally back on Live and looking for BF matches so if anyone is up to play just add me to your friend list. My name on xbl is Reiko Mori

I am finally back on Live and looking for BF matches so if anyone is up to play just add me to your friend list. My name on xbl is Reiko Mori

Will do. Been wanting to play some BF online.

Does anyone have any good Coyori combos? :?:

Some basic BnB for anyone who needs it.

2A, 2A, 2B, 236A, 5D, 6A, 5A, 6A

5B 2B 236C

5D 623D, cancel into 236 236 D

9D, 2C 236A, 6A, 5A, 6A

Feel free to comment

I just got this game today. I really like it. \(^^)/ Uber shame that no one's playing it. If anyone wants a match, feel free to add me on XBL. In fact, please do. =D My gamertag is Bearzor.

Picked this game up again. Initially, I got super pissed when I first tried it (think it was because of boss Deathbringer.) But now I really like it, trying out Cedric. I'll prolly add some people from this thread, 'cause it'd be nice to get a match against someone other than the computer.

maybe cuz there are people who want to try the game, also its more economic for the company just to put the game on the psn, that way they dont have to make copies of the game that wouldnt sell or that werent enough, i only hope for a $30 or less price

i played this at AX09 and got a win stream of like 20.but then my friends pulled me away,im not a pro but people were new to this game.some were rusty,it was a pretty hard game for me because apkerantly only coyori could a.d. she was the only character i used btw,and i even beat a death bringger.

I'm such a big fan of this game I used to always frequent the Liesure Land Akihabara website to see the new vids for the Jpn. arcade matches of BB. Man this game is so good and people don't even know. A lot of fickle people I showed the game to just dismissed it cuz it looks too kiddy or the music isn't up to snuff. Since when do we play games cuz they look good or sound good? I mean damn if a fighter is beast its beast! And in actuality BF's music isn't that bad...its just fitting to the type of game that it is. Even tho the character's look kiddy, they have personality and some hot looking moves, and if you're skilled you can see some bloody hot combos to boot. I love this game ^_^. Wish it were repped more in tourneys in the US. Hopefully the US PS3 release will help that.

Shit, I started up in GGX because I loved the music. Before that, last 2D fighter I played was MK on Sega Channel. Now I have a good 20 2D fighters I'm into (or at least have been into at some point in time) I have to admit I was disappointed with Battle Fantasia's music (got into the mindset that ArcSys fighters all have more... action-oriented music, thanks to GG, HnK, and Sengoku Basara X) but BF has a nice technical feel to it. Unless I'm playing casual with Coyori, I can't do any aggressive strategy without getting my ass handed to me. Definitely takes a bit of practice, ya can't just pick it up and expect to kick ass. It's like the Monster Hunter of fighting games, ridiculously difficult once ya start, absolutely rewarding when ya start winning. Anyways, I second the Coyori strats post above me. Swan diving Ashley just isn't doing any good anymore...