Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Chrono Phantasma Speculations/Theories [rules updated 10/14]

Thanks to LM introducing parallel worlds, XBLAZE and BB may not even take place in the same continuity.

This is something that I've been pondering about for quite a while now. Something tells me that, if the above proves true, XBlaze may have stealthily introduced a ton of characters from Blazblue's history--parallel versions of the implied characters, rather. For instance, it was brought up sometime ago that 'Watashi' mentions the simlarities between Kuon and the woman who taught her some fire magic. This is implies that she might be talking about the Kuon from her own continuity (implied to be 'the BB one'). Another example is XBlaze's Marcelyn F. Mercury, who might very well be a stealth reveal of Watashi and Imouto's whatever (aunt, grandmother, etc.) from their original continuity. Sechs, Acht, etc. are likely to have BB versions, as well; however, the aforesaid characters' roles may differ between the continuities.

Question though: Is the Wadatsumi-Jo of Ikaruga the same location as the so-called "Wadatsumi Incident" of XBlaze?

Wouldn't believe so.

The old Wadatsumi mountain/laboratory is located in New Yokozaki city in Japan.

And due to the state that Japan were in after the dark war, I don't think it's possible to build a city there.

It's likely the when the city were built, the Amanohokosaka named it after their old home, but this is only speculation with no proof.

And about the parallel worlds, all of them seems to be connected, but only if one goes far enough into the past. It's different histories, possibilities.

I believe this is something that is going to be brought up in CF due to Nine's dialog in the trailer:

A quick translation of the trailer or something.

Nine: What kind of world do you wish for? What kind of history? What kind of war? What kind of destruction would you like? 

[...]I mean is family name  is terumi so there would be a connection to him and terumi , it makes you wonder how long terumi lived[...]

The only way that this could possible is if Terumi was around during the time that Bloodedge Experience took place, OR if BE takes place in an alternate continuity, as some have implied, Terumi theoretically may have once crossed over into that continuity (via the boundary?) and used the Terumi clan's name as an alias in order to get close to the them (or whatever) to troll and wreak havoc for some nefarious purpose. However, such a theory is really pushing it considering there is very little to go on at this point. Also it is never explicitly stated how long Terumi has been around on a large scale of time; could be several centuries, millenia(?). I mean, yeah, a lot of his backstory has been revealed thus far, but the certain aspects of this guy are still a total mystery for the most part.

Which reminds me ,something's bean bugging me, it seams  the Saya that in BB world is Saya Terumi.

in other Words Naoto's sister but then where Ragna's saya ? am starting to wonder if it was just Jin and Ragna at that lab and Church   and that she never really existed  in the first place  maybe  the lab give theme Drugs or  something ?  

Which reminds me ,something that bean bugging me, it seams the Saya that in BB world is Saya Terumi. in other Words Naoto's sister but then where Ragna's saya ?

There are nothing that hints at the being the same person. Nothing, other than similar appearance.

And Ragna knows that it's Saya, based on, what should I call it, instinct?

It said in the LN of CS that Ragna knew that it was Saya, evan though she looked different since they last met.

Which reminds me ,something that bean  bugging me, it seams  the Saya that in BB world is Saya Terumi. in other Words Naoto's sister but then where Ragna's saya ?  

Nope sorry you're wrong again.

The Saya Terumi in Bloodedge Experience is not the same as the Saya in BlazBlue

She only looks like that because of Izanami possessing her which may or may not be related to the Priestess of the Azure

Plus Bloodedge Experience takes place in a timeframe 110+ years before the Dark War happened

Saya Terumi is more that likely dead by now

She was only human with an incredibly powerful Drive

Which reminds me ,something's bean bugging me, it seams  the Saya that in BB world is Saya Terumi.

in other Words Naoto's sister but then where Ragna's saya ? am starting to wonder if it was just Jin and Ragna at that lab and Church   and that she never really existed  in the first place  maybe  the lab give theme Drugs or  something ?  

Just... All kinds of NOPE. The two users above me appear to have covered all the bases on this one, but I would just like to back them up and say that you're shooting blanks, son.

Although I kind of get where you're coming from with their similar names and all that. The Blazblue universe and its offshoots are already convoluted enough without characters with similar names, traits, and appearances. Like, come on now, Mori and Co. God damn. Sigh.

And with that, case closed.

After CF comes around (maybe earlier if I'm bored?!), if work isn't too hectic, I'll try to compile reliable story info in an accessible manner so people don't have these left-field theories as often.

Or at the very least so I can be more strict about it. As it's kinda hard to crack down on it currently; because having the lore spread across like five different stories over four different media that the western audience has almost no access to in an ALREADY convoluted plot will surely lead to people making seemingly obvious mistakes.

wow it was just something I put out there, I never said it was facts , besides the games  the only other things I read and saw from BB was Remix heart and the wheel of fate drama CD,I only read a little bite of bloodedge experience and since that had a character that looked like Ragna's sister and has the same name.  

I come to realize that anything can happen in BB,time loops are proof of that and the fact that the MC of  bloodedge experience is in their world is proof of that,so an immortal little girl can be one two,I mean look at Rachel even if Ragna dose have instincts  he could be wrong,I thought this was  speculations thread , sorry for speculating.

and lets not forget about that lab I Know for a fact nobody knows what happen there,so for all we know Jin and Ragna could have bean drugged the only,things we know about saya are these off shot flash backs that never really shows her face.  

things we know about saya are these off shot flash backs that never really shows her face.

There is a short story in one of the artbooks, where Ragna, Jin, Saya and Sister went to forest for raspberry, and then Sister and Saya made raspberry jam, and Ragna got knocked out by Saya's cooking.

Collapsed: Image:
0Db4tl1.png

Plus Bloodedge Experience takes place in a timeframe 110+ years before the Dark War happened

I think it's pretty unlikely that BE took place in 1996 or earlier. If XB takes place around 2050 and Mei Amanohokosaka is 15 then it's way more likely that BE takes place between XBlaze and the Phase Shift novels since she is somewhat present in the BE novels. Not to mention that Relius is described to be around his late teens/early twenties in BE, so he'd be dead by the time the Dark War rolled around if it was that early  :v:

Also, TOi was already existing in BE, which was created by Unomaru at most a couple of years before Xblaze.

BE is said to take place between Xblaze and Blazblue, but closer to Blazblue than Xblaze.

Since Relius was in his late twenties in 2100 and near the same age, but older, as Naoto(17) in BE, BE probably takes place around 2090-2095.

I thought this was  speculations thread , sorry for speculating.

It's a speculations thread that has rules, due to people often just posting crazy shit in it that goes beyond speculation and is nothing more than wishful thinking or internalized fanfiction. The thread title doesn't have "rules updated" in it just for funsies.

And one of those rules that was made was to have some sort of reasoning behind theories. "This is BlazBlue, anything can happen" is not evidence to any particular claim. You yourself admitted that you have very little experience with the series outside of what's provided in-game, which is again why I made the post saying I'd try to compile relevant info from spinoffs at a later date. So people don't post out-there ideas that are quickly shut down by users with more experience with the overarching lore of BB.

There is a short story in one of the artbooks, where Ragna, Jin, Saya and Sister went to forest for raspberry, and then Sister and Saya made raspberry jam, and Ragna got knocked out by Saya's cooking.

Collapsed: Image:
0Db4tl1.png

Bad cooking is inherited :v:

Saya also briefly appears (with a face) in the Alter Memory anime when Jin has a flashback. As expected, she basically looks identical to Noel.

The story itself is called Evergreen Eyes and I think it appears in the 25th Arc Anniversary Book (although if anyone can correct me on that, please go ahead!). It also comes along with The Scarlet Rose short story, too. My favourite part of the story is when Saya notices something rustling in the forest and Ragna just tells her its a rabbit and to not pay attention to it. That "rabbit" was Rachel  :vbang:

I think it's pretty unlikely that BE took place in 1996 or earlier. If XB takes place around 2050 and Mei Amanohokosaka is 15 then it's way more likely that BE takes place between XBlaze and the Phase Shift novels since she is somewhat present in the BE novels. Not to mention that Relius is described to be around his late teens/early twenties in BE, so he'd be dead by the time the Dark War rolled around if it was that early
 Sorry my bad...

My internet kinda went bonkers on me for some reason and it got posted without me even being able to be proofread what I wrote first

I actually meant Blazblue(Calamity Trigger) not Darkwar

BE was 50-80 something years after Code Embryo IIRC

Sorry my bad...

My internet kinda went bonkers on me for some reason and it got posted without me even being able to be proofread what I wrote first

I actually meant Blazblue(Calamity Trigger) not Darkwar

BE was 50-80 something years after Code Embryo IIRC

The problem with that is we don't know exact when XBLAZE takes place, all we know is that it takes place around 2050. It could be before or after 2050.

Mei does appear in BE in a letter, but we don't know how old she is, and IF Yuki is the same person(or alternative version of the same person) in both Xblaze and BE, BE probably takes place about 20 years after Xblaze.

So perhaps something like Xblaze= 2065-70, BE= 2090 and Dark War= 2100.

Hopefully we will someday get exact years from Mori or a Martial Collection book.

I still don't get how Saya = Imperator but apparently it's someone else's sister and not really her, but still her.

There are two Sayas in Blazblue.

Terumi Saya from BE and Saya from Blazblue.

Terumi Saya is, to put if very simplified, a female Jin. She wears a pink kimono and always carries a sword with her. Her hair is black(purple in illustrations) in a ponytail hair style and her hair is red.

She wishes to kill her older brother Naoto so she can takes his hunter Eyes and become the next heir of the Terumi Clan, but she gets angry when someone else hurts Naoto.

Her powers are a magic that allows her to fight during 3 minutes and the Soul Eater drive.

At the end of BE she was kidnapped by Relius and Valkenhayn.

Saya in Blazblue was Ragna's weak sister and became a vessel for Izanami. And she was used as a base for the Prime fields 11, 12 and 13.

Saya in BE

[collapse]xu0ms1bl.pngc5uXrF6l.png[/collapse]

Saya in Blazblue

[collapse]rnHg4FEl.pngKKlNIO3l.png[/collapse]

So, I've been going over the powers most of characters have and have noticed a little detail in regards to Azrael. Unlike the rest of the cast, he quite literally has no explanation as to why he's so strong. Now hear me out: with the exception of maybe Amane (he too is a pretty big enigma until Mori gets around to writing a purpose for him) the other characters and their combat prowess (or just powers in general) can be explained within reasonable grounds.

Ragna has the (fake) Azure Grimmoire and was trained by Jubei. Jin Has the Power of Order and wields Yukianesa in addition to his Academy military training. Noel is much the same except you add in her role as the Azure's inheritor and status as Kusanagi. Rachel is an ancient vampire, former Observer and is adept at sorcery (not Ars Magus). Characters like Makoto, Taokaka and Valkenhayn can be explained with beastkin genetics, while Kokonoe got the best of both her parents rolled into one. Tager was infused with the Red Ogre gene and then made into a cyborg. Even supposed normal humans like Bullet, Kahura and Hibiki can be explained via their military/mercenary profession.

Azrael though? We know next to nothing about how he might have gotten his powers or why he's so strong. Look at the reactions from characters like Valkenhayn and Ragna during his Arcade run. They express utter bewilderment and even question whether or not he's human in the first place. We know he was present in the Ikaruga Civil War but that only tells us a (grim) tale of what he did with his abilities, not how he got them. To top it off, he makes no use of Ars Magus/Seithr so he's not hampered by Celica's presence.

For a while, I struggled to come up with a theoretical answer as to why he is like this. Until I remembered that Makoto is, for whatever reason, resistant to Seithr while Celica naturally nullifies it. What if, hypothetically, Azrael is the result of a human being adapting to an environment with high concentration of the stuff, or at least an environment that was deemed uninhabitable? A sort of pseudo next step in human evolution. He acts more or less like a wild predator searching for his next kill than a member of today's BB-verse society and he doesn't make any use of its conventions either, both which I interpret as a sign that he's not from any city. It'd also explain why he'd be so strong. After all, if you're used to worse conditions then it makes sense that your body would appear stronger when it is no longer being weighed down by them. Hence why Azrael, being the bloodhound that he is, needs to limit himself so much. He did say that whenever he tended to all-out, most people simply cannot keep up and die all too quick.

Of course, I most certainly could be wrong and Mori likely has a very different idea in mind for Azrael (if at all), but this is my personal take on Azrael.

Beastkin are typically resistant to seithr, while the corrosion rate for Makoto is much less, which could be attributed to her strong soul resisting it. 

I've always speculated that Azrael is like he is because of the power of science.

Beastkin are typically resistant to seithr, while the corrosion rate for Makoto is much less, which could be attributed to her strong soul resisting it. 

I've always speculated that Azrael is like he is because of the power of science.

Oh right, there was mention of beastkin being able to resist Seithr, wasn't there? Who was it....Jubei? During the Phase Shift chapters? Which was why the Kaka clan was made using his cells.

I don't know if I'd attribute Azrael to the Power of Science. Wouldn't that be Tager or Kokonoe's shtick (:\)? Still, considering we know not his background, I suppose anything is possible.

I don't know if I'd attribute Azrael to the Power of Science. Wouldn't that be Tager or Kokonoe's shtick (:\)? Still, considering we know not his background, I suppose anything is possible.

Don't forget Azrael is associated with Sector Seven.