Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[CP] Kagura vs. Jin

(edit: added distances and punishes with 2C)

You can punish blocked 623C on the ground with 2C or run-up 5C.

You can punish blocked 623C in the air with 2C, 6C, or run-up 3C.

You can punish blocked 623D (2nd hit) on the ground up close with 2C or 6C. 6C timing is tight.

You can punish blocked 623D (2nd hit) on the ground from midrange with 2C or dash 2C. Dash 2C timing is tight.

All of these are counter-hits and assume you don't barrier block the last hit.

I'm a bit unsure of what to do to get away from Jin strings.  Jin's 6B can be checked when done from C normal if IB'd and then 5A for CH into 6C. 
Not sure if due to netplay but I don't know what Kagura can do when Jin continues pressure with 2D.  Jin is left plus on block and Kagura doesn't seem to have any normal to contest in speed or range with Jin's 5B.

Relying on 2[8] C feels too desperate to rely on.

If Jin tries to reset pressure with 2D, you can pretty much flashkick him out of whatever he'll try to do next. However, a lot of Jins will do this for the express purpose of baiting flashkick for a punish, so be careful.

Another thing, there's pretty much no reason not to block low in Jin's pressure. If he does 2C in his pressure, you can flashkick it on reaction before it hits you. The same goes for 6A, 6B and 6C.

Don't think that relying on our flashkick is desperate; It's a really good tool. You should use it whenever it's applicable.

In my eyes, what you have to worry most about in this matchup are his restands. They can become really tricky to deal with, since he has a vast amount of options to go into. You can charge flashkick during the combo preceding the restand, but this also presents an easy opportunity for Jin to bait and punish. My advice here is to just watch carefully and block accordingly, as there isn't a whole lot we can do.

As a Jin and Kagura player (mostly Jin) here's how I play against Kagura.

First, I bait the hell out of flash kicks. Any smart player knows to do that and I prefer to do a block string and airdash back after a C normal. Just seeing Kagura crouching leaves me scared for my life. Jump or mash a lot when Jin tries to bait.

Second, it seems Kagura's 6D-C catches jump outs. Might need some testing but Kagura's mix ups are notorious for being so easy to chicken block so go for that.

Third, I never use 6C against a character with a good reversal, especially Kagura. The moment you see a Jin use 6C, Flash Kick him, His only gattling are 6b and 6D, both of which have a big opening. Hell, just about anything after 5C isn't a true block string (only 5D is a true block string).

Fourth, watch for resets. The downside of the charged reversal is that you cant mash it, so you cant escape his resets unless you see them coming. come common ones are: 5B into 6A, 5B into into IAD J.C in the corner, and any sort of overhead after a freeze. Learn some Jin resets so you'll have a chance of seeing whats coming.

This match up is easily in Jin's favor. My advice: spam 2C and 6D-C. Just don't get predictable with it.