Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[GG#R]Robo-Ky Matchups

While the game is certainly dead, a few of us play online and some of us are interested in what is known (maybe just me.) Id like to start off by asking how to fight potemkin with Robo-ky.

ye if he jumps 2H In reload the hard thing is to beat the Hammerfall. It's not that easy as in Accent Core. There is no 100% way to do it. It's better to block it and punish with 2K-2S-2D. On okizeme, always use bazooka. Well timed bazooka can't be backdash-buster'd. If you don't have tension, I suggest 5p-5p-5p, it pumps the guard bar like no other and safe. What I can suggest, do lot of lvl 3 air missiles. If you are kind of close to Potemkin, and he has to block it, you can follow up with a ground bazooka. And a LVL 3 ground bazooka means JUMP-IN MIXUP. Turn any hit into a knockdown. Don't use your tension in combos too much, because it's not so easy to lay a mat and charge(because of slidehead). I will upload some replays of mine later

thanx freelander. THose were helpfull tips. Ill try to incorporate those. So, you prefer to fire the air missles up close? how high do you like to get?

I hope there's someone in this forum. So I usually play Accent Core and just started playing online yesterday and opted for Robo-Ky because he's relatively similar to Accent Core compared to Dizzy. I noticed that there's not enough time to lay a mat down after a throw in Accent Core. So what's the best thing to do after a throw a) with tension and b) without tension? Also are there any important differences between the two versions that I should know?

I hope there's someone in this forum.

So I usually play Accent Core and just started playing online yesterday and opted for Robo-Ky because he's relatively similar to Accent Core compared to Dizzy. I noticed that there's not enough time to lay a mat down after a throw in Accent Core. So what's the best thing to do after a throw a) with tension and b) without tension?

Also are there any important differences between the two versions that I should know?

Hello.

After a throw in #R if you have tension you can run up and do Level 3 Horsie. It's a solid all around choice. If you don't have any tension you still might be able to sneak in a 2d mat anyway, or a standing dust.

Outside of spamming J.hs and Air missiles as others have touched upon, you'll definitely want to abuse his Far Standing Slash 5(f)s. It's super good in #R and you can basically cancel into his 2d on block x N.

His command grab (63214k) doesn't prorate in #R which means you can do obscene damage if you Roman Cancel at the end of it into an air combo.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help, it was mighty helpful! I have a few more questions: 1. I can't do Horsie -> Punch super in Reload no matter how hard I try whereas I can do it quite easily in Accent Core. Is it even possible to do it in Reload or is the opponent's recovery much faster / Robo's recovery a lot slower? 2. Now for something actually match-up specific. I was facing this Slayer who was always chaining his command grab together, like 2 or 3 times. I was mashing like crazy but couldn't get out of the stun/dizzy thing soon enough to avoid/counter the next command grab, so I'm wondering is it impossible to get out of the first few command grabs? Thanks.

1. Horsie doesn't float in Reload; don't even bother trying to cancel it into punch super. If you're quick you can sometimes get in a HS frc > 6p. However it seems like horsie was designed for counter-hits in Reload, since a CH horsie gives you enough time to dash up and do K S 2S 2. Slayer can infinite bite loop in Reload. Gay as hell; just try not to get bitten in the first place. Most Slayer fights I have, either the player is good enough to beat me without bite-looping, or they're not good enough to even get to try it.

Wow, he can infinite command grab?!?!? Isn't that kind of broken?

Normally you'll be pushed back after a few tries (at least with the silly dashing loop I usually see) in the corner and miss, so, you'll probably only get 10-12 bites assuming it's done from all the way left, to all the way right. Also, to add to the fun gimmicks... If 6HS counter hits, you can combo into the bites easily because of the forward motion on the move. The best part of it all is, if you're slow at mashing, they could probably do something like bite loop to 12 hits, pilebunker, rc pilebunker and dizzy the opponent for an IK.

Also, as for the broken comment, half of the cast in #r has some form of fun loop to abuse. Slayer just has one that he doesn't need to fight tooth and nail for.

But, think of it this way... While Slayer can bite twelve times for half health... Robo-Ky can command grab once, RC, 5S, Horsie for 190-ish damage, or command grab, RC, 5HS FRC, combo/air combo from there depending on location.

As Stormlocke said above... R-Ky's command throw hardly prorates damage at all. Slayer's takes off a chunk of guard bar a piece, meaning he has to hope for a dizzy to get the *big* pain out.

1. I can't do Horsie -> Punch super in Reload no matter how hard I try whereas I can do it quite easily in Accent Core. Is it even possible to do it in Reload or is the opponent's recovery much faster / Robo's recovery a lot slower?

Also uh... Mass punches super is pretty silly overall. It's got little priority (most characters punch or kick can beat it) and eats up 50% of your tension that could otherwise be used for missile zoning and his easy 5HS FRC.

Heck, since 2K -> 6HS is half of my attack strings, 5HS is even more fun, since it'll combo a long time after a Lv2 6HS, giving you time to confirm the hit beforehand, and then go into 6P on a successful hit confirm for around 122 damage.

Just to be a jackass:

Robo-Ky data

Google translated version of data page

Might be useful, if you can understand google's Japglish or read it yourself.