Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikelAL93

[CP] Kagura vs. Litchi

This match-up is terrible, but I've found one sort of useful thing.

You can beat Litchi's 6D(1) > Crush Trigger with a well timed 5C. It pushes you back just enough to be out of range and scores you a free CH 5C, considering DP whiffs. You can also use [4]1236C super to punish as well, but you're not always going to have meter to do so. I usually go for CH 5C > 6D~A > 2D~A >B orb> 6C > 6D~B > 2D~C > 5D~C > 3C > 6D~C > 28D for a punish if you're near enough to the corner for around 6.5K. What I've noticed is that this won't work if you barrier the first hit of 6D, because you won't be able to hit the 6D~A in time. Using barrier however, does make the 5C a guaranteed counter, whereas just regular blocking the 6D can in some cases can get you hit (this might just be a timing thing though).

It's not much, but it's one of her tools out of the equation I suppose :gonk:

It's sooooo hard to get out of the corner pressure. I had some luck with delayed techs and delaying the flash kick... but if you do it too much you get so baited you look like a fool. :[

This is definitely a hard matchup. 6C can land through a few of her jump ins... it's just pretty hard to time and the spacing can really screw you up...

This match-up is terrible, but I've found one sort of useful thing.

You can beat Litchi's 6D(1) > Crush Trigger with a well timed 5C.

My Friend was testing this and was wondering why it doesn't work - he told me he was in training mode trying to do a well timed 5C for ages and he kept getting hit.

Also catching 6D(1) > Crush Trigger is tricky. and even if you do see it coming - if that 5C doesn't come out (well timed) or if you anticipated a 6D(1) in to CT and it didn't go that way - either way , you could be giving away a 3.5k - 4k combo. (or lose a burst cus you'll have to get outta that situation)

tbh a well timed 2a may be safer. (idk kag's frames but if 2a is fast. i think that's best)

My friend tried punishing 6D(1) > CT and gave away CH's. this is quite dangerous ._. (also her 6D(2) Is +3 and her CT is +3 so ...either 2a her out of the CT if possible or respect it ....if only he could do like a micro dash > DP like ragna)

Unsure if this is common knowledge but Litchi is able to use her DP to beat any strings that attempt to end with Stance 5A.

If a Litchi is willing to DP in anticipation of the move you can end with just the Stance 2B.  Because it was made safer (-9 in 1.0 to -5 in 1.1 based on wiki) even on IB Litchi's 11 frame DP cannot punish you on block for Stance 2B.  If baited you can do a CH 2C into Stance 6A for a strong punish that offers good corner push.

Another move to be mindful of is her guardpoint stance that has similar properties to your own Stance 5A in regards to losing only to lows, throws, and unblockables.  Stance 6C is dangerous to use in neutral because you won't be able to cancel into anything in time before the follow-up attack she will get.  2C and Stance 2B can beat it with 2C leading to a CH and Stance 2B offering you the chance for orb oki.