Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anakron

New York City / Chinatown Fair

This. I'm in Brooklyn for after the semester. This weekend is NEC, so yeah, nothing then. Next week a combination of BBCS release in CTF plus some other business holds me down. Then the game room will be closed next weekend due to the semester just ending.

I don't even think it will be open on weekends in Janurary, nor will I be around.

You guys are welcome to come any day you want for casual play.

However, I would like to consider making the tournaments bi-weekly starting in Feb, especially since I'm a senior. Thoughts?

I'm all for casuals, but bi-weeklies in LI might be a little rough on me. As it turns out I was at the Play N Trade in Manhattan today, and in talking with phyre he seemed very interested in having casuals/tournaments for any fighting game, so of course I suggested GG. We should follow up with him on this; nice location, easy access to trains and it's NYC. If we get a lot of people to show up I think this could become something significant for the community.

I'm all for casuals, but bi-weeklies in LI might be a little rough on me. As it turns out I was at the Play N Trade in Manhattan today, and in talking with phyre he seemed very interested in having casuals/tournaments for any fighting game, so of course I suggested GG. We should follow up with him on this; nice location, easy access to trains and it's NYC. If we get a lot of people to show up I think this could become something significant for the community.

Finally, gimme a date and I'm there.

hey with casuals i dont have to pay 10 bucks XD, just to confirm what you are saying, bi-weeklies is every week right? If it is i would see if i can make it like at least 2 times a month. Oh and people going to that NEC good luck

I would be down for this.

Sorry for the double post, but i haven't seen anybody talk about this.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=516539#post516539

"Anyone who played GG at EVO in the last few years should know about MIU the Japanese SOL player. Theres usually a big crowd of people playing him when hes at evo and I think SOL and people who want to beat SOL players would benefit from the session.

He's coming to NY and I'm going to try to organize 1 day between dec. 7th and dec.14th where people can come over to Brooklyn where I'll set up a few TVs for a night of GG practice."

Pretty awesome stuff. Looking foward to it(if i could get over the language barrier:psyduck:).

MIU is coming!? Can we set up OG gg setup.. would be awesome to rematch MIU across the board of GG once again. Maybe he can win back the money I took from him two years ago. :keke:

sweet, keep us up in this. ggs at nec, hope to do this again =D. it was blast chilling with u guys.

holy shit, a japanese fighter..... Who thinks they can win against him?

He's not anything amazing. I don't think he plays much anyway.

DaiAndOh who else plays GG in LI? Ive been interested in learning the game for the longest but trying to find sessions or anything like that for even SF4 in LI is tough...

DaiAndOh who else plays GG in LI? Ive been interested in learning the game for the longest but trying to find sessions or anything like that for even SF4 in LI is tough...

Well if you go to Hofstra, me and couple others who aren't as good or into the game will be willing to play. In addition, Chazz (Mynus) lives really close by and a couple of friends who live off campus, but I don't know how willing they are to play now anymore...

I think MIU was at CTF today playing....is he short? I played him(if that was him) and lost pretty badly (the sticks still suck) Justin also played him as well...

Damn lol guess Ill just be waiting for CS then...I hear everyone talking about keeping the GG community alive so I think of learning then about 5 reasons come up why I shouldnt touch it lol:psyduck:...