Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anakron

New York City / Chinatown Fair

Fixed, because 1st prize was their ENTIRE FUCKING TRANSLATED GAME LINEUPaocg dsofjhh

why the fuck didn't they wait till Sunday?!

Wait wha????

Wait wha????

Posted Image

Don't forget the poster!

hey guys i herd this that place were ny people hang out and play gg/bb. wait a minute, im lost. i dun play dat game.

Man, I don't even know what you're TALKING about. All we play in here is RPS.

Man, I don't even know what you're TALKING about. All we play in here is RPS.

Rock,paper,scissors? Ive come to the right place. Ive been meaning to get on the competitive scene with this game. Ive herd Rock is broken though. Check this combo out. You play rock then paper...then ROCK AGAIN. I know its pretty broken. I think XAQ is a Scissors player....you would be surprise how high XAQ scissors has placed in tournaments(maybe because he practices cutting into a bag of Scoops everyday).

Who is gunna be at cf on thursday. im gunna be there...playing games...and stuff.

hey guys i herd this that place were ny people hang out and play gg/bb. wait a minute, im lost. i dun play dat game.

Do you play tekken or does the Blackula reference not have to do with the bruce player?

Just wanted to give a shout out to the peeps from CF that came out to check us out at the Con. Good shit and I'm glad I saw some bad ass shit from the players. It'll help us put together the guide we've been working on in our office.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the peeps from CF that came out to check us out at the Con. Good shit and I'm glad I saw some bad ass shit from the players. It'll help us put together the guide we've been working on in our office.

It was great having you. We could definitely use some more BB rep on the east coast.

Any chances of having a tournament thats set on a specific date instead of having 99% of the competitive players for a game not show because of a mispost on a tournament thats happening the next week?

Hey Guys, just wanted first apologize for any mistake the tournament time and date may have caused. There was just a mix up on the dates so I wanna first apologize, 2nd I wanna know how many actually were planning to attend Sunday's original date. If there's a enough of you that were planning to come, I can either move the tourney back to Sunday or I can have two tournaments, Sat and Sun to compensate for the confusion. Or if the demand is not big enough on sunday, whoever bought tickets to just come to the tournament, swing on the booth and I'll glad work something out for you, either hook you up with some or whatever. In other words, my apology on this!

http://www.aksysgames.com/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/nggshow.php?pid=315&width=500&height=float=center&mode=

jeboody, when Aksys posts conflicting dates and we figure it out a couple days before the weekend of the event (and have our Sunday tickets already), some of us get a little angry. When we look for tournament info, we read these forums... not their site, or some blog, or their facebook. They posted there would be an EVO spot awarded (the whole reason 90% of us would've gone) but they didn't answer our questions HERE, leading us to question the seriousness of the tournament in general.

sure i understand that, but doesn't mean there wasn't any valid information out there. i just don't think it's that necessary to get that mad at them - they apologized for it and offered to make it up to the players.

sure i understand that, but doesn't mean there wasn't any valid information out there. i just don't think it's that necessary to get that mad at them - they apologized for it and offered to make it up to the players.

That information was posted FOUR DAYS before the tourney AND it conflicted with the information everyone was given beforehand. It must be nice, but not all of us live in NYC and can just wake up and catch the subway to the convention center whatever day we want.

It's not really the mixup with dates that was so bad, but the complete lack of communication until right before the tourney :vbang:

Only way they can make it up is to not fuck up like this again.

how long ago, anyway, did they announce they were going to have a tourney at comiccon? i entered purely out of coincidence. i assumed it was on sunday as well but was going to comiccon anyway on saturday, so in that sense, i was lucky. but seeing how it seemed it was just kind of thrown together...you couldn't have expected this to be a serious tournament (and it wasn't). maybe it really was just something thrown together, i don't know. anyway, that's enough from me. i just think it's worth trying to understand the situation from their side :psyduck:

I couldn't have made it anyways+I probably suck even more now that I haven't played for like a week. I'll get readdicted after my exams are over tomorrow. Anyone going on Wed afternoon?

We're working on something with the EVO peeps and I assure you guys that such mistake won't happen again. The "tourney" we had during NYCC was a little played down after we found out the another major was happening that same weekend. So that sorta explains why the atomsphere of the tourney was a lot less serious than what it should've been. We're planning right now to work with popular arcades to bring a proper tourney that would plot the winners into EVO. Like I've said before, we definitely apologize sincerely to the community as we know you guys are why we still here. Just please bare with us after this fiasco and we'll try to work something out. That being said, we are working right with folks to bring a proper event to east and west coast.

We're working on something with the EVO peeps and I assure you guys that such mistake won't happen again. The "tourney" we had during NYCC was a little played down after we found out the another major was happening that same weekend. So that sorta explains why the atomsphere of the tourney was a lot less serious than what it should've been. We're planning right now to work with popular arcades to bring a proper tourney that would plot the winners into EVO. Like I've said before, we definitely apologize sincerely to the community as we know you guys are why we still here. Just please bare with us after this fiasco and we'll try to work something out.

That being said, we are working right with folks to bring a proper event to east and west coast.

Aksys, check your pm.

so what were the results to the NYCC blazblue tournament? couldn't find the results anywhere

so what were the results to the NYCC blazblue tournament? couldn't find the results anywhere

Check the blazblue info thread in the BB forum. I think only first was announced, tho.