Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anakron

New York City / Chinatown Fair

Hello all. TN is having a MAJOR tourney come January 9th called Kumite in Tennessee: Revival (KiT:R) and it features a guaranteed $1000 pot for both Street Fighter 4 AND Tekken 6!!! But that's not all, THERE WILL BE BOTH A GUILTY GEAR: ACCENT CORE AND A BLAZBLUE TOURNEY AS WELL!!!

For all info and hype, post here----> http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7252

See ya there.......

Achtzehn

Character: Main: :TG: Subs: :TA::BANG:

Do you go to CF?: Yes, as often as I can, especially if a tournament is going on.

Travel?: if you mean how I get there I take NJ transit into Penn Station, then NQRW from 34th and herald to Canal st.

Other games played: Guilty Gear, MvC, MvC2, SF3s, MBAA, SFIV, and XMvSF.

Random info: when I go there I usually hang around for at least 7 hours, so its really easy to catch me there.

Aren't you? Don't you like...actually play that piece of shit? I''m so sorry for you! :(

no... wesad4u 10 stars... wesad... :( Real Talk TMNT:TF>>BB all day. :( Real Talk CVS1!>>BB :(

I have 2 agree BB is horrible sorry. I thought it wud have been @ least ok but no. Its like a sad sad version of GG (I hate even comparing it). Now back 2 CTF and all, I've never been 2 a GG event there :( I've seen a few 3rd strike ones tho. Quick question though, who here is actually from ny? I wudnt mind seeing sum gud GG players in the local area that play for fun. (I'm a Slayer whore) :)

Every time I play BB it only reminds me of one thing. How much more I enjoy playing Guilty Gear. CTF really needs to fix the sticks on GG already. Can't speak for others but I'd be more motivated to play (read: learn stick) there if the sticks worked properly.

Eh I don't rly like arcades that much, I've always felt more comfortable on a controller. I luv me a ps2 (or 1 or 3) d-pad. Since I'm in the upper manhattan area in NYC I was wondering if there was anyone else on here in the NYC area that wudnt mind doin a meet-up so I can show off my amazing Slayer :) anyone? Name: Kane "Mr. Bogard" Marco Location: Manhattan, New York City, New York Games: GG(ACPlus preferably), BB, SF4, SF3 3rdS, DOA(3 &4), Naruto(idk if this one counts lol) Characters: Slayer(EX), Iron Tager, Cammy(SF4), Ken(SF3), Christie/Bayman, Kimimaro/Neiji

Eh I don't rly like arcades that much, I've always felt more comfortable on a controller. I luv me a ps2 (or 1 or 3) d-pad. Since I'm in the upper manhattan area in NYC I was wondering if there was anyone else on here in the NYC area that wudnt mind doin a meet-up so I can show off my amazing Slayer :) anyone?

Name: Kane "Mr. Bogard" Marco

Games: GG(ACPlus preferably), BB, SF4, SF3 3rdS, DOA(3 &4), Naruto(idk if this one counts lol)

Characters: Slayer(EX), Iron Tager, Cammy(SF4), Ken(SF3), Christie/Bayman, Kimimaro/Neiji

Just out of curiosity, do you play EX Slayer exclusively? If so you'd have a hard time finding people from Dustloop looking for serious comp to play with you since EX characters are not tourney legal.

Well that sucks 4 me, Slayer(EX) is my #2. Damn, guess I gotta start practicing with normal Slayer now. Lol. I see y they aren't legal tho, just slayer alone is beyond cheesey. I've seen the gayness of EX Sol wif my own eyes so I know that's no pretty sight. Off 2 train with a new Slayer.

Lol is that hating I hear? :-p I use him cuz he's so fluid. Don't worry tho if anyone here plays sf4, there's no EX Cammy ;)

Lol is that hating I hear? :-p I use him cuz he's so fluid. Don't worry tho if anyone here plays sf4, there's no EX Cammy ;)

Sounds like you're EX Free.:cool:

Lol yup. As I said there's no EX in SF4, and I like to think my Cammy is pretty good. I noticed I got so used 2 using EX Slayer that now I'm kinda wack with other normal characters. Ima have to go back and completely re-learn GG. Lol. I assume ur from the tri-state area @ NerdJosh. U play SF4?

Ex huh? well im lucky. I remember a while back my friend saying that ex modes were most of the time better versions of the normal set, so i try ex bridget and wow, it sucks so much. -.- but u gotta learn normal slayer. Besides when u learn it u will feel alot better cause he is harder to use

What is there to worry about? It's common knowledge that anyone who uses EX characters can't play the game worth shit. ;)

I think after seeing more people interested in GG I'll be practicing it more, especially since my character is worth shit in BB :P For the love of god though, someone fix the CTF sticks.

See if u think I'm a bad player becausei choose 2 use EX Slayer that's ur opinion, I only started 2 use him in GGXXAC. Before that I was using normal slayer (& kliff in reloaded). Just that I got acustomed to using him since he fought so smoothly. Either way, I've lost my edge on GG long ago so I can't rly talk much :( I am trying 2 get it back tho. On the BB note, its not that its a horrible game. Its the fact that everyone who followed GG expected it to be on the standards of GG. Which was a big mistake. It tries to, but it doesn't hold up to it.