Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiba

[CP] Valkenhayn vs Bullet

Is really hard to get rid of Bullet's pressure once she catch me with her drive, the Lock-on destroys wolf movement for me. Is there a way to overcome this matchup?

Yea late tech if you get knocked down and beast cannon beats 5d and jd.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

If you try to late tech against Bullet while she's on lv1 heat stage, she can easily pick you back up and then go to lv2, where she has better mixup options. It's your choice but that's the consequence.

Beast cannons beating j.D is, debatable. You may find yourself losing more than winning. Here is an example. Her j.D makes wolf movement really awkward especially at higher levels where it has a bigger radius.

Beast Cannons are unreliable in this match-up. Can't tell you how many times she's just plowed right through them. Plus you have to actually set it up/aim it too. I tend to lose more often then I win with them.

I played a friend who is using her well last night and I didn't do too well, but hey it's the first time I've fought a Bullet. I will say barrier blocking does seem to work incredibly well against her from what I've seen. Watch out for her DP-B command grab, it'll grab you out of air and ground wolf mix-ups (even wj.c) so you've gotta bait it like a normal DP. From my limited experience beast cannon only seems to beat j.D when you do it directly at her and she's had it active for a bit (although needs more testing).

Unless bullet is locked on prior to the cannon going active Valk will hit her before she can even see the lock on. The move I ran across that just killed my cannons was her command grab.

This also is more so aimed at the bullet that uses jd as a footsie/neutral tool outside of mixup and oki. I tried this in training mode for a few minutes and not once did I successfully beat the cannon once it started, unless I locked on to valk before he even started up. I believe cannon to be reliable.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk

Bullet has an os for late tech and charged flint shooter. If you're playing someone competent I'd suggest against late teching.